CouponCabin / account deactivated and all cash back stolen by couponcabin based on lies

1 Whiting, IN, United States Review updated:

Like many others on this Complaint Board, I recently tried to log in to my CouponCabin account to make a purchase, only to see that my account was deactivated because of phony "violations" that did not happen. When trying to resolve what is obviously some kind of error by CouponCabin, "Shay M. Vice President of Customer Satisfaction" responded to tell me that I "severely violated" terms that I did not actually violate. I repeatedly tried to tell her that I did not violate anything and that there's been some kind of mistake, but she refuses to help me or restore my account and earnings. I had a decent amount of cash back in my account, earned honestly and in accordance with the terms and conditions of CouponCabin, that have now been stolen from me by this criminal company, and Shay refuses to help. Of course, there's no phone number to try to call this company, either. So it's their word against mine, and based on the responses I see that CouponCabin has given on this board to others like me who've been ripped off, it's obvious that this company's business model involves ripping off customers who've earned cash back honestly. This is criminal theft and a breach of good faith, and I plan to pursue this to the full extent of the law to hold this company accountable. The Better Business Bureau will be getting involved, as will the attorneys general of both my state and the state of Indiana where CouponCabin is based. I encourage everyone else to do the same so we can get this company shut down for criminal treatment of honest customers.

CouponCabin

• CouponCabin Customer Care's Response, Aug 28, 2018

CouponCabin has very few rules and the rules we do have are in place to make sure we can pay as much cash back as possible; it’s how we’re able to offer such great deals that you can’t find anywhere else. In addition, we make sure these few rules are prominently highlighted across the site when using our cash back program. That said, when accounts are identified as trying to get around these rules, we have no choice but to close those accounts.

• Updated by abtokens, Aug 28, 2018

Update: The canned response I received from CouponCabin that you can see here, stating that "when accounts are identified as trying to get around these rules, we have no choice but to close those accounts, " only proves my point, and just goes to show how this company operates and treats its honest customers. Once again, I did NOT violate any terms or conditions, but CouponCabin doesn't even care to investigate the matter or try to make things right. If CouponCabin falsely accuses you of trying to "get around the rules, " then you're automatically guilty of these false claims, and the company will proceed to seize your cash back and shut down your account, as you can clearly see here. If this has happened to you, my suggestion is to contact a lawyer and get the authorities involved, as this is criminal behavior. To those who are considering signing up for CouponCabin, don't! There are plenty of other reputable cash back programs out there that won't falsely accuse you of committing "violations, " only to mistreat you when you try to get the matter resolved in a civil, decent matter. Do yourself a favor and AVOID CouponCabin like the plague.

Ab
Aug 27, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      16th of Dec, 2018

Similar experience dealing with Shay M., truly a sorry excuse for a customer point of contact.