Complaints & Reviews

Coupon CabinRebate from purchases

Coupon Cabin owes me $192 for legitimate purchases. They've already received their commissions (their share of the rebate) for these purchases, and now they are keeping my share also.

I've been a member of coupon cabin for years with no problems until late 2018. First Coupon cabin changed my method of payment to checks mailed to me instead of Amazon gift certificates (okay - fine with me). A few months later, they froze my account and insisted on real copies of my driver's license to verify my US residency. When I explained that my credit card information was recently stolen this way and asked for another way to verify my residency, they continued to insist that I forward photos of my driver's license. I asked again if there wasn't another way to prove my US residency and told them I would file a complaint if they would not work with me. They froze my account for "threatening" them and told me I could now only communicate with their attorney (and to expect a 3-week delay in a response).

I filed a complaint with BBB and coupon cabin posted a friendly response saying they would accept 5 other forms of ID and would reopen my account within 15 minutes. So I communicated again with Coupon Cabin and asked about the other 5 forms of ID they accepted for proof of residency. Now they continue to ignore my communication and will not respond to me.

I filed a complaint with the Attorney General and am waiting for a reply. How unfortunate that I have to resort to these measures in order to recover the $192 Coupon Cabin owes me!
9445 Indianapolis Blvd, Suite #157 Highland, IN 46322

• CouponCabin.com Feb 21, 2020

CouponCabin has systems in place which are designed to protect both our 9, 000, 000+ cash back members, like yourself, and our 3, 500+ cash back partner stores. In part, it's because of these systems that CouponCabin can offer such INCREDIBLE cash back offers that you just can't find anywhere else. Account verifications typically take just a few minutes and once verified, accounts are immediately restored. If you're uncomfortable sending us your state-issued ID, there are six other documents that you can use to verify your account. Please note that this information is in no way shared or used for any purpose other than this account verification and once the process is complete, all documents are permanently deleted.

deactivate account, missing cashback

I don't hope to resolve my problem, after viewing other complaints and all generic answers. Could be my review will be helpful for new members.
11/10/19 I made a purchase thru Coupon cabin, it wasn't my first time, so I made everything right, like always. But after my purchase I didn't get cashback in my account and right after this I made a missing transaction claim. After this every two weeks I got e-mails that they are working on my problem. And I quietly was waiting for their decision. Now I understand that there was no investigation and they just pulled time for three months and now I couldn't make a return to the store after this time.
While I was waiting for the resolving problem of my missing cashback (it was more than 3 months) they blocked my account without any reason and explanations. I tried to ask what I specifically did wrong, but they said it is becouse their systems detected the unnatural activity.
It looks like they can't refund me my $75 cashback, and just closed my account. So be ready that it can happen with you without any reason.
I didn't have any other account, didn't make any claims while I waited for resolving my problem.
I think it is not fair for me, but all I can do is to warn others.

• CouponCabin's response · Feb 18, 2020

[Resolved] cash back

Coupon Cabin deactivated my account saying I violated their Terms and Conditions, when I did no such thing. They owed me over $80 at the time, and are now saying that amount is forfeited.

This is the cryptic message I received from Kerry P., Vice President of member services. I asked for an explanation, but did it receive a response.

Our security system has identified your account () and computer network (Internet Protocol Address: ) as severely violating the terms and conditions of CouponCabin's cash back program. As a result, your account has been permanently closed and cash back has been forfeited.

• CouponCabin's response · Dec 14, 2019

CouponCabin has very few rules and the rules we do have are in place to make sure we can pay as much cash back as possible; it’s how we’re able to offer such great deals that you can’t find anywhere else. In addition, we make sure these few rules are prominently highlighted across the site when using our cash back program. That said, when multiple accounts from the same computer network are detected as redeeming Members Only offers, we have no choice but to close those accounts.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] false and misleading ads re: stubhub

583168 CouponCabin falsely advertised 15% off StubHub tickets and $50.00 cash bonus for purchasing tickets through CouponCabin.com for StubHub. Please see the attached screenshots. I...

[Resolved] coupon cabin

Worst rebate site out there. Way too many hoops to jump. Can't have the item already in your cart, timer, can't go to another website, (not even PayPal to pay for it?, etc., etc). I purchased a phone that was supposed to get me a rebate through CC, ended up not getting it, had to repurcahse through BeFrugal, and return the first purchase, what a hassle. Had high hopes. Never again.

• CouponCabin's response · Dec 04, 2019

Unfortunately, orders that are placed in which items are in the shopping cart before clicking on a CouponCabin link are not eligible for cash back. Using PayPal to purchase items will not interfere with earning cash back.

[Resolved] coupon redemption

I received an email from coupon cabin stating I was due 27.00 dollars cash back. Asked me to choose how I wanted it back in the form of a gift card check etc. I chose it to be sent to my bank account. A few days and never received it so I logged in to ask where it was and was told it's not payable until the warranty period is over. Well the payment due date is 04/21/2021. Meaning the phone warranty is 18 mths. When iPhone says it's a year. The phone is nót returnable after 30 days which is when it should be payable. Anyway why would I want a coupon not elegible for 18mths. No thanks. Sounds like a scan to me.

• CouponCabin's response · Nov 28, 2019

As noted on your transaction, the store in which you purchased first reports an initial payable date to us that can be up to a year or more from the day on which your purchase was approved. They will then adjust this payable date once your transaction has been fully processed and, in many cases, once it can no longer able to be cancelled or returned. Please note that should you cancel, return, change or modify your purchase in any way, your cash back will be voided. Assuming your purchase is not changed or returned, you should expect this payable date to be adjusted to something more reasonable in the next 45 to 60 days. Please understand that this timeline is not determined by CouponCabin, that we have no ability to expedite it in any way, and that we, too, are as anxious to get paid for this order as you are since CouponCabin receives our commission payment on the same timeline as you.

[Resolved] account blocked

I have used coupon cabin for a long time with no complaints. Today I used a members only coupon without any issues. I then tried to redeem my cash back in an Amazon gift card. My account became blocked. I have never had any problems until now.
Now what can I do to resolve this? I do not have any other accounts on my IP address because I changed internet providers so this one is new.

• CouponCabin's response · Dec 01, 2019

Our security system detected what it thought was unnatural site usage. This typically happens if you're clicking the same link repeatedly or clicking multiple links quickly in a row. All errors were cleared from your account and access was restored.

[Resolved] cash back

I clicked on a 15% bonus cash back for coupon cabin customers, and they did not apply to my account stating it was for new members only.!100% lie! I found the deal I clicked on and it's absolutely an exclusive deal at 15% off for existing customers. In addition- I clicked a $5 off $55?and they didn't apply that one either. I encourage anyone who's been cheated by them to file a complaint with department of consumer protection and you likely get your money back and they'll be investigated if there's enough complaints

• CouponCabin's response · Oct 24, 2019

Unfortunately, as outlined in multiple places on CouponCabin, cash back can not be earned on orders deemed to be bulk or resale orders.

account termination

My coupon cabin account was terminated, initially with no explanation, but after several inquiries they insist I violated their policy by having more than one account on my IP address. Absolutely not true. I tried to get them to figure out what glitch in their system caused this error, but they are not interested in resolving it and told me that under no circumstances can my account be restored, nor can I ever have a coupon cabin account again. On my end, I'm concerned that someone hacked my IP address or something, but coupon cabin refused to give me any information about the multiple accounts they claim are used from my IP address. Seems like something shady is going on at coupon cabin.

• CouponCabin's response · Nov 03, 2019

• Updated by m&pb · Nov 03, 2019

Coupon cabin responded to my complaint by continuing to insist that multiple accounts claimed members exclusive benefits from my ip address, but this simply is not true. They refuse to provide any information about what IP address or accounts other than mine are involved. I have not claimed an exclusive benefit in a very long time, probably years, because I was reserving my one per month exclusive so I could try to get the coveted, large amazon cash back... never got it, so wasn’t using member exclusive coupons. I have never cheated coupon cabin. THEIR SYSTEM is absolutely wrong and worse, their treatment of their members (or ex members, after they unjustifiably ban them) is arrogant and rude.

fraudulently deletes accounts and will lie to authorities to avoid paying legitimately earned money

I was a CouponCabin member for several years. In December, 2018, I got a member only offer for $75 at Walmart.com. These offers are very difficult to get as there are usually a handful available, and there is a countdown timer. They are gobbled up in less than a second. I considered myself fortunate, and I followed all of the rules associated with their Terms and Conditions. I made my purchase at Walmart's website, and I waited. I was supposed to get my payout in early February, 2019. In January, I received a message stating that I had cashback pending but that I did not have any payment method on file. I contacted customer service. I was told that "unnatural activity" was detected from my account or IP. However, the CSR stated that my account was in good standing and that I could continue to earn cash back. All that would change was that I would need to accept paper checks instead of electronic deposits. I asked several follow-up questions, but the CSR would not provide me with any answers. I then stated that their lack of transparency could be a legal concern. Ultimately, though, I accepted CouponCabin's resolution of receiving paper checks. However, due to my legal concerns, my account was immediately terminated. The CSR said I would receive a paper check for what I was owed. I never received the money.

Upon further attempts to contact customer service, I was told that they could not talk to me and that I must write a letter to their lawyer. I did so. Unfortunately, the lawyer completely disregarded everything I said and completely ignored my request for payment. The entire focus was on my supposed threats of legal action, and I was told to have my lawyer contact him. So again, no one would actually talk to me in order to resolve the issue.

I filed a complaint with the Indiana Attorney General's Office, and I provided plenty of supporting documentation regarding my claim for reimbursement. When the AG's office finally got back to me, I was informed that they had no enforcement authority and were only there to mediate. Since CouponCabin was denying my claim, there was nothing they could do. After reading CouponCabin's response, however, I was appalled. Their lawyer blatantly lied. I'm going to attach some documents demonstrating these lies. I'm included a couple of emails from the customer service representative that reference why my account was terminated and also that my account was in good standing, and I will include a redacted copy of most of the letter from CouponCabin's lawyer to the AG's office. Based on these three documents, it will be clear that CouponCabin's lawyer lied to the AG's office.

It is my estimation, based on my own experience as well as the experiences of others writing reviews, that CouponCabin is at least partially a scam operation.

• Me
    Melanie Wall Nov 06, 2019

Oh my gosh they just did the same thing to me as well. Right when my payment was due they made up excuses not to pay me. They are total scammers. I am having my attorney contact them. They are a foreign limited liability company but that doesn't mean they can do illegal crap like they are doing. What if all their clients like Walmart etc... found out about this

cash back

Today when I'm trying to open the app, suddenly showing my account is inactive due to violation of one or more of CouponCabin's policies and, as a result, is no longer active.

I don't understand why of a sudden? It works fine before, but not after I claimed $200 cash back deal from Amazon. Sounds like Couponcabin is trying to not giving me the cash back I earned through their website.

cash back

• CouponCabin's response · Aug 08, 2019

• Updated by Sabrina13 · Aug 08, 2019

I recently just moved to this new place and sharing the house with other housemates that I don’t know. I don’t know if they are using the same app or not or the previous housemate. Your rules make no sense! At least give back my cash back please and I will not use your app in the rest of my life!

let me just say, have never dealt with more insensitive customer service

It was shown to me that providing me with information was a complete waste of the team leader's time, explaining that I suffer from a medical memory loss due to epilepsy, leaving me struggling to recall my account details, resulting in automatic labeling and treatment as someone trying to defraud them. I was really excited with the prospect of participating as a frequent user of their services, but I was frustrated by the misinterpretation of my error. In reaching out to try to prove my actions were in no way intended to scam, I inquired about a purchase made where no money had been seen.
The guidelines are very rigid, mixed with the stress of expiration of the coupon, looming in the near future, and when I attempted to read the legal guidelines for that particular deal, a subsequent popup, was needed to get the information that truly matters, concerning me about staying from the direct link to the store, perhaps failing to follow protocol and qualification for the cash back from their site, as a fault on my part for deviating from the direct link, including an additional visit to another page.
May I just say that the response was the crudest form of customer service I have experienced, and I am a BA in Communications, Customer Relations, and Public Relations from the University of Southern California. I am speechless as the insensitivity, rudely masked by explanation, but was blatantly desired to belittle, with a tone and word choice that could in no way be misconstrued, or leave me with any doubt that I had stolen precious moments of his life dealing with an incompetent being.
Looking forward to my check and no guilt, when trying to use a company and support it in the very manner it strove for when envisioning the success of the idea it was built upon...
My apologies to inconvenience you by being a customer and someone who has struggled their whole life with embarrassing memory loss, that has never before made me feel like such a piece of crap for this shortcoming.

• CouponCabin's response · May 25, 2019

Our system detected the creation of multiple accounts and subsequently froze one of them. When you emailed in to us, we merged the two accounts, helped get your account sent up for payment and let you know which was the active account. While I'm disappointed to hear that we didn't meet your expectations, I'm really not sure what more we could have done here since nothing I see in our correspondence could be deemed as, in your words, rude, condescending or "have stolen precious moments of his life dealing with an incompetent being."

Could you maybe have us confused with a different company?

• Updated by Kelly McManis · May 25, 2019

I may have forgotten my details, but no, I did not confuse you with another company. I have the email and the service team leader's name as verification, but I am not interested in getting that personal. I apologize for simply having expectations of customer service that involve civil regard for the business relationship between the parties, and communication that shows some acknowledgement of that... My apologies for my errors with the accounts. Please don't insult anyone else by ending with, "Could you have mistaken us with someone else?" That doesn't solve anything, but is just an obnoxious way to inadvertently show the little respect you have for me as a competent human being. Thanks for your response...

payment not received

CouponCabin terminated my account on Jan. 16th after I expressed a legal concern regarding their lack of transparency. I had $76.86 pending in my account at that time. Sydney K., the customer service rep who terminated my account, told me that a final check would be processed within 10 days and mailed out to me. It never was.

Ever since then, I've been trying to collect this money. Upon account termination, no one at CouponCabin would talk with me. I was told to mail a letter to their legal department. So at the beginning of March, I sent a formal demand letter to CouponCabin's legal department. After 30 days, I still had not heard back, so I sent an email to their legal department as well as to their customer service department. I received no reply, but two days later, CouponCabin's lawyer, Douglas Cordiano, overnighted me a response letter.

The response letter essentially stated that they would not communicate with me except through a lawyer and/or through the Small Claims Court and/or binding arbitration due to my repeated threats of legal action. Of course, this is a gross mischaracterization of statements made by me regarding legal action. There was, in fact, only a potential threat of legal action in the event that CouponCabin did not pay me the money owed. I mean, if someone owes you money, and they won't pay you, what exactly are you supposed to do besides threaten to sue them? If they paid that money, I'd have no reason to seek legal action.

This letter, and in particular one that Mr. Cordiano sent to the Illinois Attorney General's office in response to a complaint I made, contained what I will diplomatically refer to as factual errors. In neither case did Mr. Cordiano make any mention whatsoever of the money owed to me or my attempts to collect it. In fact, he seemed to feign ignorance of my objective.

Regardless, I did attempt to reach out to Mr. Cordiano in order to settle the matter amicably outside of court. He provided an email address to which I could direct communication from my attorney (as though anyone is going to hire an attorney to collect $76.86). I made clear that what I wanted was the money owed to me, at which point I would let the matter rest.

I pointed out to him (again) that CouponCabin informed me on Jan. 15th that I was owed money, and their own customer service representative, Sydney K., also informed me that I was owed this money. Further, Sydney K. also stated that my account was in good standing despite whatever security issue caused my account to no longer be able to be paid out via Paypal.

This is particularly important when you examine their Terms and Conditions. Section 3 of the Terms and Conditions, specifically paragraph III, "Termination of Your Membership, " states: "If your membership is terminated by CouponCabin, CouponCabin may refuse to pay some or all of the amounts credited to your account if such amounts appear or are suspected (as determined in the sole and exclusive discretion of CouponCabin) to have been earned in violation, or after violation, of these Terms or to have been otherwise unlawfully obtained." Based on Sydney K.'s statement, they did not believe that I had violated their T&C in earning this money. Sydney K. even informed me that a check would be forthcoming. Therefore, CouponCabin is in violation of their own T&C.

CouponCabin seems to have no problem using their T&C as a weapon against consumers, but when it applies to them, they have little regard for it. It is my opinion that they are betting that most people will not put in the time and effort to go to court or arbitration in order to recoup small sums of money. I wonder how many accounts they've terminated without paying out what those account holders were owed. I would not be surprised to find this to be a significant source of income for them.

So, what options are available now? Clearly they have no interest in acting in good faith. They won't communicate with me, and they've avoided any mention of money as though they were allergic to it. There are two primary courses of action. First, I can sue in Small Claims Court. It would cost about $90 plus some additional expenses related to serving CouponCabin. However, if I were to win, I could recover these expenses from CouponCabin. Other people in my situation may not want to choose Small Claims Court, though, because of location. I think you'd have to either live in Illinois or Indiana or go to one of those states to file.

The other option is arbitration. CouponCabin's T&C make this option seem equally unappealing because they state that you'd have to do this in Lake County, IN. However, JAMS, the arbitration company, specifically states that the consumer must be allowed to take part in choosing the arbiter, and they must also be allowed to have the venue take place in their hometown. So, despite what CouponCabin's T&C state, if you want to file an arbitration claim, it should not matter where you live. The filing fee is $250, however if you win CouponCabin will have to pay it. Additionally, CouponCabin has to pay several thousand dollars in fees to the arbitration company to have JAMS process the claim and arbitrate it. I don't know CouponCabin's record when it comes to these sorts of cases, but it is entirely possible that if you were to file and arbitration claim, CouponCabin may opt to settle with you rather than pay all of these fees to JAMS. So, if you've got a good case, you may wish to go this route. Perhaps if enough people did, CouponCabin might choose to change their practices.

Additionally, I highly recommend you file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office in Illinois. They will probably tell you that they aren't going to do anything, but perhaps if enough people complain, they will have no choice but to take the issue seriously and investigate this company.

• Updated by mjchrist · May 04, 2019

Let me first state that no one from CouponCabin has attempted to resolve this issue with me, the complainant. They've done their level best to avoid me.

• Updated by mjchrist · Sep 18, 2019

So I had previously filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office of Indiana. I provided them with documentation proving that I had earned money with CouponCabin and that their customer service agent made clear that I did not violate their Terms and Conditions in the process. Further, my documentation showed that my account was terminated because I stated a legal concern regarding their lack of transparency.

This is CouponCabin's response to my complaint:

"...we have stated that [my] use of the site and our Cash Back program triggered a number of red flags as sharing
    characteristics with history user behavior that misused and exploited the program to gain cash back beyond the rules and normal functioning of the program. These security systems have been implemented to protect the Cash Back program from fraudsters and those seeking to game the program and manipulate its normal functioning to accrue undeserved cash back amounts.

In addition to the termination of [my] account due to his abusive and derogatory communications, the legitimacy of the pending cash back in his account was called into question by our security systems. CouponCabin has broad discretion to make determinations regarding misuse or exploitation of the Cash Back program...we have wide latitude to protect our business and our Cash Back program against potential misuse and fraudulent activity.

Because [my] account is now terminated as a result of his violations of our Terms and Conditions, and because the pending cash back in his account has been called into question, we are unable to issue...the payment he is demanding."

This statement is in direct contradiction to what CouponCabin's customer service agent said to me prior to, and after, my account was terminated.

First, in regards to my account termination, here is what Sydney K., the customer service agent, said:

"Given your desire to seek legal action, we feel that the best course is to close your account and issue a final payment for the cash back you have pending."

Second, in regards to their concerns about me committing fraud, this is what Sydney K. had to say when I first contacted customer service:

"Our security system has detected what it deems unnatural activity originating from your account and/or computer network and as a result, your account is eligible for check payments only...and that your account remains in good standing and is open for you to earn cash back as you normally would."

At no point would Sydney K. elaborate on what this "unnatural activity" was, nor has anyone else. In any case, they very clearly did not deem my account to have accrued money by committing fraud, otherwise they would have terminated my account because of that and stated that I would not receive my money because of these concerns. However, Sydney K. plainly stated that my account was in good standing, and that I would receive my money. Therefore, CouponCabin's lawyer very clearly lied to the Attorney General's Office in Indiana just to avoid paying a measly $76.86, which I lawfully earned.

Also, at no point had anyone from CouponCabin told me that they were concerned about fraud. I don't know how much clearer it can be that this company steals money from its members and has not qualms about lying to the authorities, even when there is evidence contradicting them.

If you have a legitimate complaint against this company, I urge you to file it, and include documentation, with the AG offices of Indiana and Illinois. I believe that the only way anyone is going to do anything about this company is if enough people file complaints. Their Terms and Conditions make it basically impossible to sue them in Small Claims Court because the case has to be filed in Lake County, IN, which is an onerous burden. The same is true for arbitration. Unfortunately, our laws have not caught up to the internet age. If you have a problem with a local company, you can sue the local company in your local court. However, with these companies that operate online only, they can write their Terms so that you can only file in one location. Justice is simply impossible. How much money would a company like CouponCabin have to owe someone living in, say, California, to make it worthwhile for the person living in California to fly to Lake County, IN in order to appear in court? It's ridiculous. There is basically no oversight in regards to these companies. They can lie with impunity to government officials even when documentation is sitting right there that clearly contradicts their lies. Maybe there's some mechanism that obligates these companies to at least respond to the AG's office, but the office has no teeth, so all they can do is put the issue into a permanent file. Maybe if enough people file complaints they can do something.

Even if they can't though, filing the complaints is still worthwhile. Why? It forces the lawyer to have to respond to the claims. I suggest that if you do have a complaint, send the formal letter to the lawyer demanding your money, and also file complaints with the BBB and with the AG offices of Indiana and Illinois. You may not get your money back, but at least this company will be spending money paying their lawyer to lie.

[Resolved] incredibly tricky way of not actually paying the cashback

I have to give major credit where it is due: Coupon Cabin is a genius scam.

They are not doing anything illegal, but they have figured out a brilliant loophole to rip off their users. I received an offer for "purchase $100 on Amazon and get $100 back". I completed the purchase with Amazon and had $100 credited into my Coupon Cabin account. I could withdraw it in 14 days. So far, so good.

The next day, I logged onto Coupon Cabin at work to show my good fortune to a co-worker who also uses Coupon Cabin. A few hours after doing so, I was blocked from Coupon Cabin and told my $100 was forfeited because I had violated their terms. My co-worker was also blocked and had his earnings forfeited as well. After several emails with their tech support I was informed that one of their terms is "two users may not log on from the same network". We were both kicked off because we logged on from our work WiFi network.

Now, this is truly a brilliant scam. Think about it: if you logon to WiFi at Starbucks and anyone else on that WiFi has EVER logged onto Coupon Cabin, they can kick you off without paying you. And since they have a 14 day waiting period and a $10 minimum, they can just sit back and wait for you to logon to public or work or school WiFi, kick you off and KEEP ALL THE AFFILIATE REVENUE THEY RECEIVED FROM THE PURCHASES YOU MADE.

Coupon Cabin will likely reply to this review citing that "when multiple accounts from the same computer network are detected" they have to close them.

It is a smart shield to hide behind. But Coupon Cabin certainly understands that in 2019 just about everyone uses public/shared WiFi—and they are taking advantage of this fact to scam their users.

I googled Coupon Cabin and see many people complaining of being mysteriously banned in this same way and never getting paid. I wish I had checked this before using the service.

I also wish I'd remembered that "if it's too good to be true, it probably is".

Well played, Coupon Cabin. I hope you enjoy my $100. You certainly figured out a clever way to get it!

• CouponCabin's response · Jan 31, 2019

• Resolution Statement

my account was closed without valid reason or explanation.

I am having huge issues with coupon cabin too. I had well over $100 in my account, I would refer everyone to use CC. and then suddenly they closed my account and accused me of...

account terminated without explanation

I'm seeing a lot of these messages, so I doubt I'll get anything more than a useless, generic response from CouponCabin, but here goes. This morning at 12 am I received an email that payment method for my CouponCabin account had been changed twice and confirming that I made those changes (which I don't believe I had - I had changed my payment method once a few days prior). I tried to log in to my account and saw a message that it had been terminated. When I contacted customer service in confusion, I received an email threatening legal action and stating:

"By this notice, CouponCabin LLC hereby permanently terminates you from the CouponCabin.com cashback program for repeatedly and severely violating the CouponCabin Terms and Conditions, to which you have expressly agreed to multiple times."

Looks like my only recourse now is to contact CouponCabin in writing and wait 30 days for a response. I had $175 cash back pending in the next few weeks, and I have no idea how I might have violated their terms and conditions. I think at bare minimum, CouponCabin could quote the section of the terms and conditions which they claim I have violated, for which they are threatening legal action against me.

[Resolved] customer service / policy transparency

They flagged my account for what they deemed "unnatural activity." Additionally, due to this flagging, they would no longer allow me to receive my cashback electronically (through...

[Resolved] scam, don’t trust.

I used Coupon Cabin over the 2018 holiday season and had $125 in pending cash back owed me. Coupon Cabin, without warning, cancelled my account due to "severe abuse of their policies" - as unbeknownst to me someone used my WiFi/IP address to also click on Coupon Cabin Member offers. They do not plan to issue me my earned cash back. This is hugely unfair and unethical. I would not have purchased these items at the prices I did without the cash back offers, so it really seems like they are stealing from me. From what I read online it seems as though this company spends a LOT of time scanning peoples' usage and canceling accounts on technicalities or even just the possibility or suspicion of a technical breach of their terms and conditions. Seems they cancel accounts frequently so they don't have to actually pay out cash back. It's ridiculous and unfair. I hope that some of these retailers rethink their relationships with this company. I'm completely appalled with Coupon Cabin.

• CouponCabin's response · Jan 05, 2019

CouponCabin has very few rules and the rules we do have are in place to make sure we can pay as much cash back as possible; it’s how we’re able to offer such great deals that you can’t find anywhere else. In addition, we make sure these rules are prominently highlighted across the site when using our cash back program. That said, when multiple accounts from the same computer network are detected as redeeming Members Only offers, we have no choice but to close those accounts.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] couponcabin customer service blocked my ip cant even contact support to get help

i have been a member since nov 27 2015 and know im getting kick off on the same day i signed to be a member i dont even know what happened i tried to contact CouponCabin but all i...

[Resolved] amazon coupons

Cabin Coupons frequently offers amazing Amazon coupons for hundreds of dollars, but the catch is, there is only a limited number of coupons.

With that in mind for the last 3 months I have participated in the countdown until the coupons are offers and at the exact moment the offer is live, I select the offer. I then receive the immediate notification that the coupon is no longer being offered, they were all taken.

This happens each and every time I have tried to grab a Amazon coupon. When I complained about this to Coupon Cabin, I was told that the offers goes out to millions and are grabbed immediately.

I don't think so, I think its a scam and a fraudulent offer to attract users.

• CouponCabin's response · Nov 26, 2018

I'm disappointed to hear that you were not able to claim one of the $250.00 offers for Amazon. Please understand that it's not uncommon for hundreds, if not thousands, of people to attempt to claim these offers at the very same second, even millisecond, that you are. That said, since we offer deals like this for 20 stores a day, every day, I'd suggest that you claim an offer for a store on our homepage that is far less popular than Amazon. In doing so, you'll be able to see how these great cash back offers work and how this cash back is most certainly real. We have many of these great discounts that go live each and every day, so please do try a store that maybe isn't so popular so you can see these offers in action.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] worst customer service i've ever experienced

My daughter introduced me to coupon cabin earlier this year. It wasn't long after I joined that I was awarded a $75 cash back on a $75 purchase at Walmart. I followed all the rules and restrictions, made my purchase and patiently waited for my cash back. (3 months) Ironically, just a few days before I was to receive my money, I was notified that my account was closed because I was in violation of their rules. When I inquired, they rudely accused me of having more than one account. I had no idea what they were talking about. Long story short, apparently when my daughter stopped by to visit one day she accessed her coupon cabin account but connected to the internet on my wifi. The very rude and snobby staff at coupon used this as a reason to cancel my account! Seriously? And just before I should have received my cash back. Then even cancelled my daughter's account...just before she was supposed to receive her cash back! Beware!

• CouponCabin's response · Nov 19, 2018

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] fake cash back scam

Made a large purchase with coupon cabin's claim of cash back. They logged my use of their coupon link but claimed a different mystery website claimed my cash back and there'...

[Resolved] account status

i am new to coupon cabin and have signed up for an account; however they closed my account without informing me why until i attempted to log in. this is their reason for closing my account 'Our security system has identified your account as having a substantial and highly unusual number of returned or reversed orders in the short period of time that you have had an account with CouponCabin.'

what happened was that I buying gift cards from cardcash.com and cardcash.com processed my orders but then keep on cancelling because of a technical gitch in their system. I contacted cardcash.com to resolve the issue which they did. now I can buy gift cards from cardcash.com but coupon cabin closed my account because of the numerous 'reversed orders' which is not my fault. i want my account to be reopened as i did nothing wrong.

• CouponCabin's response · Nov 01, 2018

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to offer you membership in our cash back program. Please know that we're sincerely bummed that this is the case, but CouponCabin has some amazing coupons and promo codes that we invite you to continue to use.

Coupon Cabin — customer relations

This same thing happened to me as well. My daughter and I both have (had) accounts with Coupon Cabin. Apparently when she came over to visit one day she accessed their website...

[Resolved] cash back scam

I was looking for a coupon for Puffs facial tissues and came across CouponCabin's cash back deal ($2). After I submitted my receipt and got confirmation back that they had credited my account for the $2, I then find out you can't get the money until you reach a threshold of $7, meaning you HAVE to buy more items using their service before you get your rebate. That's underhanded if anything!

cash back scam

• CouponCabin's response · Sep 17, 2018

As stated in multiple places on CouponCabin, including in the redemption instructions for the specific offer in which you redeemed, the minimum threshold for any payment from CouponCabin is $7.00. This threshold is in place for every one of the millions of CouponCabin members and is not specific to the offer in which you used or specific to your account. There are many-many offers on CouponCabin which range from $0.50 to $250.00 that you could have redeemed. Many are below this $7 threshold and many are above but the one constant is every member must earn $7.00 in order for us to process a payment.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] friend referral leading to his account deactivated

I visited a friend recently and I used to talk about my good experience with coupon cabin. So he asked me more about it, I log in to my account, show him around the site and he likes it. He made his own account and browse around until he found his New Member Offer. He took it to buy a good pair of shoes. The next thing he heard about the company is that they deactivated his account and forfeited his fair share from the purchase. He replied to find out why and they say there is 2 log in at his IP. Now, I didn't buy anything while tour him the website and Coupon Cabin just made it super frustrating to refer a friend. He has not used a cashback site before and definitely would have not made an account if he had not know how the site work, especially without a friend referral and tour. The company say they would reactivate his account but remove all new member offer. After hearing that, I told my friend to tell them he would simply return the items, delete the accounts for good. He doesn't have to be treated as garbage with general replies and lack of detail regarding this turmoil.

• Updated by Bach Le · Sep 11, 2018

Update: here is one of the last communication showing that the company does not want to sit down and have a discussion with customer at all. It also show how contraditing their saying with their own terms and conditions

• CouponCabin's response · Sep 11, 2018

Coupon Cabin — cash back not credited

I've had the same situation occur twice in the past couple months. I've run through the Coupon Cabin site, was promised 5% cash back (+8% "Bonus" cash back", as well as a limited...

theft scam company

I've been a CouponCabin member for more than one year, making them and me tons of money. I recently got a new wifi company and tried to log in to my account, USING THE SAME DEVICE...

couponcabin

I have used CouponCabin for quite some time and never had a problem, until now. On Sunday, September 2, 2018, I received an e-mail from CouponCabin informing me that the first 8...

[Resolved] revoked cash back/ horrible service

I made a purchase using a 50 off 50 at Express. It worked until 5 days later when I visited my parents and connected to their wifi to watch Netflix. My account was deactivated without notice and I was falsely accused of creating multiple acounts because my sister has an account and lives with them. I contacted customer service. They didn't really listed and just accused me of cheating in a rude and condescending tone. I tried multiple times to explain the situation. They mis-quoted the terms saying that they say that regardless of residence I cannot connect to the same wifi. What the terms actually say are that two people can't access coupon cabin from the same ip adress in the same day. I didn't go on coupon cabin and my sister wasn't even there that day, so it should not have been a violation. Coupon cabin has done this to many people clearly out of an effort to steal promised cash back. After explaining what the terms actually say and how I did not violate them, the third "VP of customer service" I talked to said they would not help me and that I could send a letter if I wanted. They have now blocked my email. This company is a scam. They have no customer service and will steal from you. Don't ever do business with them. Luckily, I noticed the problem with my account on my own before the clothes came so I will be returning them and coupon cabin won't get a dime out of me. Others aren't as lucky. Stick with Ebates where they actually care and won't try to steal.

• CouponCabin's response · Sep 03, 2018

account deactivated and all cash back stolen by couponcabin based on lies

Like many others on this Complaint Board, I recently tried to log in to my CouponCabin account to make a purchase, only to see that my account was deactivated because of phony "violations" that did not happen. When trying to resolve what is obviously some kind of error by CouponCabin, "Shay M. Vice President of Customer Satisfaction" responded to tell me that I "severely violated" terms that I did not actually violate. I repeatedly tried to tell her that I did not violate anything and that there's been some kind of mistake, but she refuses to help me or restore my account and earnings. I had a decent amount of cash back in my account, earned honestly and in accordance with the terms and conditions of CouponCabin, that have now been stolen from me by this criminal company, and Shay refuses to help. Of course, there's no phone number to try to call this company, either. So it's their word against mine, and based on the responses I see that CouponCabin has given on this board to others like me who've been ripped off, it's obvious that this company's business model involves ripping off customers who've earned cash back honestly. This is criminal theft and a breach of good faith, and I plan to pursue this to the full extent of the law to hold this company accountable. The Better Business Bureau will be getting involved, as will the attorneys general of both my state and the state of Indiana where CouponCabin is based. I encourage everyone else to do the same so we can get this company shut down for criminal treatment of honest customers.

account deactivated and all cash back stolen by couponcabin based on lies

• CouponCabin's response · Aug 28, 2018

• Updated by abtokens · Aug 28, 2018

Update: The canned response I received from CouponCabin that you can see here, stating that "when accounts are identified as trying to get around these rules, we have no choice but to close those accounts, " only proves my point, and just goes to show how this company operates and treats its honest customers. Once again, I did NOT violate any terms or conditions, but CouponCabin doesn't even care to investigate the matter or try to make things right. If CouponCabin falsely accuses you of trying to "get around the rules, " then you're automatically guilty of these false claims, and the company will proceed to seize your cash back and shut down your account, as you can clearly see here. If this has happened to you, my suggestion is to contact a lawyer and get the authorities involved, as this is criminal behavior. To those who are considering signing up for CouponCabin, don't! There are plenty of other reputable cash back programs out there that won't falsely accuse you of committing "violations, " only to mistreat you when you try to get the matter resolved in a civil, decent matter. Do yourself a favor and AVOID CouponCabin like the plague.

• Sh
    Shay M. Dec 16, 2018

Similar experience dealing with Shay M., truly a sorry excuse for a customer point of contact.

[Resolved] access restricted

It says my account is restricted but I don't know why. I followed all their rules and did what I was supposed to. I bought items and received cash back for them like the company states. I had $3 I'm my account but hadn't transferred it yet and now when I go to log in to my account, the site won't let me have access. It seems like a scam that you try it out and start to accrue money but once you get too much, they block you.

access restricted

• CouponCabin's response · Aug 27, 2018

I was unable to locate an account based on the information you provided, so I am unable to address your situation specifically. Generally speaking, CouponCabin has very few rules and the rules we do have are in place to make sure we can pay as much cash back as possible; it’s how we’re able to offer such great deals that you can’t find anywhere else. In addition, we make sure these few rules are prominently highlighted across the site when using our cash back program. That said, when accounts are identified as trying to get around these rules, we have no choice but to close those accounts.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] this company is a scam! avoid it.

I'm done with this company as they've screwed me over for the last time. I was one of 8 who clicked on a $50 offer and won. I immediately went to the vendor (carefully following...

[Resolved] account disabled in error

My account was closed due to violating the terms and conditions. After several emails asking what I did exactly, I was told another account on the same IP address redeemed offer...

[Resolved] access restricted

5/29/2018. I have been using coupon cabin since december and have had not complaints then I recommended my daughter to the site while she was visiting. She connected to our wifi...

[Resolved] account deactivated with over $230 cashback pending

I've had my couponcabin account since 2015 and now my account is being deactivated because their "system" is having a malfunction or error. I have valid purchases and receipts from all the companies I've purchased from. It makes no sense, you go to couponcabin and just "click" on the coupon you want and now their system wants to deactivate my account when I have over $230 pending cashback.

Hello, Adam.
Our system has identified your account as severely violating the terms and conditions for CouponCabin's Cash Back program and consequently it has been deactivated. Any cash back in such accounts has not been validly earned pursuant to the terms and conditions that you agreed to on Dec. 6, 2015 at 10:59 p.m. when you created your CouponCabin account, and which you reconfirmed your acceptance of on Dec. 13, 2017 at 5:47 p.m. You may review CouponCabin's terms and conditions by visiting the URL below:
Please let us know if you would like more details here.
Sincerely,
Sydney K.
Customer Success Associate
CouponCabin team member since 2014

• CouponCabin's response · May 30, 2018

[Resolved] account disabled

4/5/2018
My friend recommended me to coupon cabin. I have been using it for a month. I went over to her house yesterday and used her WIFI on my phone. I logged into couponcabin with my phone and now both of our accounts are locked and disabled. We contacted them to explain but, they have such bad customer service that they keep repeating themselves saying we violated their policy. How did we violate their policy when I did not know that using her WIFI is considered wrong? Now both of our accounts are disabled/locked and our cashbacks that we've made are gone. Please help look into your system that our names and addresses are both different and we're two different people, therefore, we did not violate the policy. THank you.

• CouponCabin's response · Apr 06, 2018

• Resolution Statement

Coupon Cabinfailure to pay me/deactivated my account without cause

I was a Coupon Cabin member that went through their Sephora link for a Members Only Offer ($75 Cash Back Bonus) and Coupon Cabin stated that Sephora said I went through another cash back site (Wrong... then how come Coupon Cabin has the Sephora link I used to place my Sephora order plus took my Members Only Offer from me {You're allotted 1 Members Only Offer every 90 days})... and it's documented on your site that I did... only to have Sephora refuse it? Then after much back-and-forth with Coupon Cabin and the rudest customer rep ever... Sydney K... she up and deactivates my account (For no valid reason, and no one there will give me one either!)

Stay away from this sketchy company! They still owe me cash back I rightfully earned plus their refusal to give me a legit reason for deactivating my account is more than enough reason to save yourself the frustration of dealing with the rudest and most incompetent cash back site I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with in my life!

I reiterate: Coupon Cabin has the worst customer service on the planet! Stick to the more well-known cash back sites like Ebates or Mr. Rebates that have superior customer service! This company doesn't like to pay-out on cash back you've earned if it's a large amount! Beware of this shady business at all costs.. you'ill be happier for it!

Plus, I'm left with no choice but to report them to the BBB with their blatant refusal to pay me my cash back money I rightfully earned! Here's my last correspondence with them and how truly tacky they are:

Hello, Heather.

The Customer Success team is no longer able to assist you with your account. Moving forward, please contact us, in writing, at the address below.

CouponCabin LLC
1319 119th St., 2nd Floor
Whiting, Indiana 46394

Please allow three weeks for our written response.

Sincerely,

Lauryn W.
Vice President of Customer Success
CouponCabin Team Member since 2014
CouponCabin shareholder since 2016

This company needs some lessons in How to Respectfully Treat a Customer 101!!! At least, Lauryn W. said sincerely... lol!

• St
    St A May 03, 2018

Coupon Cabin a Sham. I noticed on my account that they were crediting me about 50% of my actual transactions. So I went and sent them documents to confirm my purchases. After completing an additional 4 dollars to my account they then blocked me for no reason. Can't get ahold of them nada. nothing. How can Walmart and other companies be associated with them? I am contacting Walmart.

[Resolved] deactivated my account claiming I had several

I placed an order with Bealls after winning a 50.00 coupon. When i went to put in my payment info my grown Daughters acct came up. When i attempt to place it under the email (mine which i placed it with) it deactivates my acct claiming violation of services. I JUST set up this acct. I DO NOT have any other accts. I want my 50.00 BACK! Donna Giordano

• CouponCabin's response · Mar 21, 2018

• Heather Be Apr 04, 2018

It sounds like you were hood-winked like I was too! And sure...Coupon Cabin...you have no choice but to deactivate accounts that you owe large amounts of cash back to...wink...wink! I wonder when these companies you deal with will come to the realization that Coupon Cabin is obviously pocketing all the money!

[Resolved] blocked account/ failure to pay

I opened my account a few months ago, I do online shopping a lot! And I was using EBATES for five years and everything was just fine and very smooth. Now I feel so regret that I switch to Coupon Cabin. I live with my husband and we also have a roommate live in the same household. I recommend coupon cabin for all of them, my husband was trying to get a member only deal and he couldn't get it all the time so he contacted customer service. You know what they do? Coupon cabin told him one household can only claim one member only deal, and we get it for sure, we'll keep that in mind! And after his inquiry, Coupon cabin just blocked all of our accounts!

I shopped a lot, and now they can just block my account without paying me almost two hundred dollars and also trick me to shop on some of their partner websites, promised me to give me large cash back to shop on those websites and never pay me that money. This is illegal !! I could earn all my cashback for these months using ebates and never have a problem. if they can not fix this problem, I'll report them to BBB.

• Updated by Alicia 9258 · Mar 17, 2018

And after I contacted them, this is their reply:

Our system has identified your account as severely violating the terms and conditions for CouponCabin’s Cash Back program and consequently it has been deactivated. Any cash back in such accounts has not been validly earned pursuant to the terms and conditions that you agreed to on Oct. 23, 2017 at 11:29 a.m.

They just block your account before the first pay period and never pay your cash back, What a "SMART" company. They just trick you like you are an idiot.

• CouponCabin's response · Apr 06, 2018

• Heather Be Apr 04, 2018

This definitely seems like their M.O. ~ very unethical company!