Having problems with CouponCabin?

CouponCabin Customer Service Contacts

9445 Indianapolis Blvd, Suite №157
Highland, Indiana

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CouponCabin Customer Service. Initial CouponCabin complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CouponCabin above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CouponCabin. Discuss the issues you have had with CouponCabin and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CouponCabin Complaints & Reviews

Coupon Cabinfrozen account

Coupon Cabin froze my account and did not provide a reason. I have used the same account on a regular and consistent basis since 2017. In order to unfreeze the account they asked for a photo of my drivers license to verify my address. I sent them a photo of my valid current license with the address that matches my account but i redacted my face, d/o/b and license number for security reasons. They refuse to release my account and are keeping money that they owe me and money that I have used to purchase gift certificates from them. I have contacted them dozens of times and can't get anything reasonable as a responce.

• CouponCabin's response · Dec 31, 2020

CouponCabin is a completely free service that provides its members with substantial cash back rewards for clicking links and making online purchases. That said, CouponCabin has systems in place which are designed to protect both our 11, 000, 000+ cash back members, like yourself, and our 3, 500+ cash back partner stores. In part, it's because of these systems that CouponCabin can offer such INCREDIBLE cash back offers, like $100 back on $100 orders, that you just can't find anywhere else. Account verifications typically take just a few minutes and once verified, accounts are immediately restored. If you're uncomfortable sending us your state-issued photo ID, there are seven other documents that you can use to verify your account. Please note that this information is in no way shared or used for any purpose other than this account verification and once the process is complete, all documents are permanently deleted.

CouponCabinGift card not delivered as advertised

I purchased the gift card under the condition and stated advertisement that it would be available for use immediate. It was not. And I lost my chance to make a purchase on ebay last night/early am. https://www.omnicard.com/maintenance.html "omnicard.com is currently undergoing maintenance. Please check back soon." I would not have purchased had I known it wasnt available immediately, as advertised here https://www.couponcabin.com/gift-cards/ when will I get my digital gift card? Couponcabin gift cards are instantly available and can be redeemed immediately. I no longer have a need for it. I have requested a refund they will not grant

Gift card not delivered as advertised

CouponCabinLocking accounts and rebate scam

I got an account. I did my purchase as they wanted. The credit was pending for a few months and a little bit before it would be released to me they locked my account and asked me to send them my state ID which had my address and full name on it. I sent it to them and they rejected it because I put paper in front of my ID number. They said they do not accept ID with redacted info but nothing in there Terms & Conditions states that.

• CouponCabin's response · Oct 21, 2020

Unfortunately, as we've stated multiple times, we are unable to accept documents that have been altered or that contain redacted/hidden information. If security is a concern, you may submit your documents using the secure "Contact Us" page on CouponCabin.com. Please select the "I'd like to verify my account" option, where you will then be able to attach your documents which are then securely sent to us.

• Updated by saly1603 · Oct 21, 2020

I gave you the state-issued photo ID with the info you asked for visible. Can you unlock my account now so I can get as you stated "INCREDIBLE cash back"?

• CouponCabin's response · Oct 21, 2020

CouponCabin is a completely free service that provides its members with substantial cash back rewards for clicking links and making online purchases. That said, CouponCabin has systems in place which are designed to protect both our 10, 000, 000+ cash back members, like yourself, and our 3, 500+ cash back partner stores. In part, it's because of these systems that CouponCabin can offer such INCREDIBLE cash back offers, like $100 back on $100 orders, that you just can't find anywhere else. Account verifications typically take just a few minutes and once verified, accounts are immediately restored. If you're uncomfortable sending us your state-issued photo ID, there are seven other documents that you can use to verify your account. Please note that this information is in no way shared or used for any purpose other than this account verification and once the process is complete, all documents are permanently deleted.

Jun 06, 2020

CouponCabin — Cancelled account

First, let me say that I was a Coupon Cabin customer for many years. I was considered to be in the top 25% of...

CouponCabinMy account was terminated for no reason whatsoever!

My account was terminated for no reason. CouponCabin wanted me to prove my residency and requested my residency documents, which I provided. But they still terminated my account without stating any reason for that.
        I wrote 2 letters to address they provided. The first letter was returned to me because there was no such addressee and the second letter got no response whatsoever.
        They do what they want and act like bullies.

• CouponCabin's response · Jul 01, 2020

CouponCabin has systems in place which are designed to protect both our 9, 000, 000+ cash back members, like yourself, and our 3, 500+ cash back partner stores. In part, it's because of these systems that CouponCabin can offer such INCREDIBLE cash back offers that you just can't find anywhere else. Account verifications typically take just a few minutes and once verified, accounts are immediately restored. If you're uncomfortable sending us your state-issued ID, there are six other documents that you can use to verify your account. Please note that this information is in no way shared or used for any purpose other than this account verification and once the process is complete, all documents are permanently deleted.

• Su
            [email protected] May 31, 2020

Feb 21, 2020

Coupon Cabin — Rebate from purchases

Coupon Cabin owes me $192 for legitimate purchases. They've already received their commissions (their...

Feb 18, 2020

CouponCabin — deactivate account, missing cashback

I don't hope to resolve my problem, after viewing other complaints and all generic answers. Could be my...

Dec 14, 2019

CouponCabin — cash back

Coupon Cabin deactivated my account saying I violated their Terms and Conditions, when I did no such thing...

Dec 04, 2019

CouponCabin — false and misleading ads re: stubhub

CouponCabin falsely advertised 15% off StubHub tickets and $50.00 cash bonus for purchasing tickets through...

CouponCabincoupon cabin

Worst rebate site out there. Way too many hoops to jump. Can't have the item already in your cart, timer, can't go to another website, (not even PayPal to pay for it?, etc., etc). I purchased a phone that was supposed to get me a rebate through CC, ended up not getting it, had to repurcahse through BeFrugal, and return the first purchase, what a hassle. Had high hopes. Never again.

• CouponCabin's response · Dec 04, 2019

Unfortunately, orders that are placed in which items are in the shopping cart before clicking on a CouponCabin link are not eligible for cash back. Using PayPal to purchase items will not interfere with earning cash back.

CouponCabincoupon redemption

I received an email from coupon cabin stating I was due 27.00 dollars cash back. Asked me to choose how I wanted it back in the form of a gift card check etc. I chose it to be sent to my bank account. A few days and never received it so I logged in to ask where it was and was told it's not payable until the warranty period is over. Well the payment due date is 04/21/2021. Meaning the phone warranty is 18 mths. When iPhone says it's a year. The phone is nót returnable after 30 days which is when it should be payable. Anyway why would I want a coupon not elegible for 18mths. No thanks. Sounds like a scan to me.

• CouponCabin's response · Nov 28, 2019

As noted on your transaction, the store in which you purchased first reports an initial payable date to us that can be up to a year or more from the day on which your purchase was approved. They will then adjust this payable date once your transaction has been fully processed and, in many cases, once it can no longer able to be cancelled or returned. Please note that should you cancel, return, change or modify your purchase in any way, your cash back will be voided. Assuming your purchase is not changed or returned, you should expect this payable date to be adjusted to something more reasonable in the next 45 to 60 days. Please understand that this timeline is not determined by CouponCabin, that we have no ability to expedite it in any way, and that we, too, are as anxious to get paid for this order as you are since CouponCabin receives our commission payment on the same timeline as you.

CouponCabinaccount blocked

I have used coupon cabin for a long time with no complaints. Today I used a members only coupon without any issues. I then tried to redeem my cash back in an Amazon gift card. My account became blocked. I have never had any problems until now.
              Now what can I do to resolve this? I do not have any other accounts on my IP address because I changed internet providers so this one is new.

• CouponCabin's response · Dec 01, 2019

Our security system detected what it thought was unnatural site usage. This typically happens if you're clicking the same link repeatedly or clicking multiple links quickly in a row. All errors were cleared from your account and access was restored.

CouponCabincash back

I clicked on a 15% bonus cash back for coupon cabin customers, and they did not apply to my account stating it was for new members only.!100% lie! I found the deal I clicked on and it's absolutely an exclusive deal at 15% off for existing customers. In addition- I clicked a $5 off $55?and they didn't apply that one either. I encourage anyone who's been cheated by them to file a complaint with department of consumer protection and you likely get your money back and they'll be investigated if there's enough complaints

• CouponCabin's response · Oct 24, 2019

Unfortunately, as outlined in multiple places on CouponCabin, cash back can not be earned on orders deemed to be bulk or resale orders.

CouponCabinaccount termination

My coupon cabin account was terminated, initially with no explanation, but after several inquiries they insist I violated their policy by having more than one account on my IP address. Absolutely not true. I tried to get them to figure out what glitch in their system caused this error, but they are not interested in resolving it and told me that under no circumstances can my account be restored, nor can I ever have a coupon cabin account again. On my end, I'm concerned that someone hacked my IP address or something, but coupon cabin refused to give me any information about the multiple accounts they claim are used from my IP address. Seems like something shady is going on at coupon cabin.

• Updated by m&pb · Nov 03, 2019

Coupon cabin responded to my complaint by continuing to insist that multiple accounts claimed members exclusive benefits from my ip address, but this simply is not true. They refuse to provide any information about what IP address or accounts other than mine are involved. I have not claimed an exclusive benefit in a very long time, probably years, because I was reserving my one per month exclusive so I could try to get the coveted, large amazon cash back... never got it, so wasn’t using member exclusive coupons. I have never cheated coupon cabin. THEIR SYSTEM is absolutely wrong and worse, their treatment of their members (or ex members, after they unjustifiably ban them) is arrogant and rude.

• CouponCabin's response · Nov 03, 2019

CouponCabin has very few rules and the rules we do have are in place to make sure we can pay as much cash back as possible; it’s how we’re able to offer such great deals that you can’t find anywhere else. In addition, we make sure these few rules are prominently highlighted across the site when using our cash back program. That said, when multiple accounts from the same computer network are detected as redeeming Members Only offers, we have no choice but to close those accounts.

CouponCabinfraudulently deletes accounts and will lie to authorities to avoid paying legitimately earned money

I was a CouponCabin member for several years. In December, 2018, I got a member only offer for $75 at Walmart.com. These offers are very difficult to get as there are usually a handful available, and there is a countdown timer. They are gobbled up in less than a second. I considered myself fortunate, and I followed all of the rules associated with their Terms and Conditions. I made my purchase at Walmart's website, and I waited. I was supposed to get my payout in early February, 2019. In January, I received a message stating that I had cashback pending but that I did not have any payment method on file. I contacted customer service. I was told that "unnatural activity" was detected from my account or IP. However, the CSR stated that my account was in good standing and that I could continue to earn cash back. All that would change was that I would need to accept paper checks instead of electronic deposits. I asked several follow-up questions, but the CSR would not provide me with any answers. I then stated that their lack of transparency could be a legal concern. Ultimately, though, I accepted CouponCabin's resolution of receiving paper checks. However, due to my legal concerns, my account was immediately terminated. The CSR said I would receive a paper check for what I was owed. I never received the money.

Upon further attempts to contact customer service, I was told that they could not talk to me and that I must write a letter to their lawyer. I did so. Unfortunately, the lawyer completely disregarded everything I said and completely ignored my request for payment. The entire focus was on my supposed threats of legal action, and I was told to have my lawyer contact him. So again, no one would actually talk to me in order to resolve the issue.

I filed a complaint with the Indiana Attorney General's Office, and I provided plenty of supporting documentation regarding my claim for reimbursement. When the AG's office finally got back to me, I was informed that they had no enforcement authority and were only there to mediate. Since CouponCabin was denying my claim, there was nothing they could do. After reading CouponCabin's response, however, I was appalled. Their lawyer blatantly lied. I'm going to attach some documents demonstrating these lies. I'm included a couple of emails from the customer service representative that reference why my account was terminated and also that my account was in good standing, and I will include a redacted copy of most of the letter from CouponCabin's lawyer to the AG's office. Based on these three documents, it will be clear that CouponCabin's lawyer lied to the AG's office.

It is my estimation, based on my own experience as well as the experiences of others writing reviews, that CouponCabin is at least partially a scam operation.

• Me
                        Melanie Wall Nov 06, 2019

Oh my gosh they just did the same thing to me as well. Right when my payment was due they made up excuses not to pay me. They are total scammers. I am having my attorney contact them. They are a foreign limited liability company but that doesn't mean they can do illegal crap like they are doing. What if all their clients like Walmart etc... found out about this

CouponCabincash back

Today when I'm trying to open the app, suddenly showing my account is inactive due to violation of one or more of CouponCabin's policies and, as a result, is no longer active.

I don't understand why of a sudden? It works fine before, but not after I claimed $200 cash back deal from Amazon. Sounds like Couponcabin is trying to not giving me the cash back I earned through their website.

cash back

• Updated by Sabrina13 · Aug 08, 2019

I recently just moved to this new place and sharing the house with other housemates that I don’t know. I don’t know if they are using the same app or not or the previous housemate. Your rules make no sense! At least give back my cash back please and I will not use your app in the rest of my life!

• CouponCabin's response · Aug 08, 2019

CouponCabinlet me just say, have never dealt with more insensitive customer service

It was shown to me that providing me with information was a complete waste of the team leader's time, explaining that I suffer from a medical memory loss due to epilepsy, leaving me struggling to recall my account details, resulting in automatic labeling and treatment as someone trying to defraud them. I was really excited with the prospect of participating as a frequent user of their services, but I was frustrated by the misinterpretation of my error. In reaching out to try to prove my actions were in no way intended to scam, I inquired about a purchase made where no money had been seen.
                        The guidelines are very rigid, mixed with the stress of expiration of the coupon, looming in the near future, and when I attempted to read the legal guidelines for that particular deal, a subsequent popup, was needed to get the information that truly matters, concerning me about staying from the direct link to the store, perhaps failing to follow protocol and qualification for the cash back from their site, as a fault on my part for deviating from the direct link, including an additional visit to another page.
                        May I just say that the response was the crudest form of customer service I have experienced, and I am a BA in Communications, Customer Relations, and Public Relations from the University of Southern California. I am speechless as the insensitivity, rudely masked by explanation, but was blatantly desired to belittle, with a tone and word choice that could in no way be misconstrued, or leave me with any doubt that I had stolen precious moments of his life dealing with an incompetent being.
                        Looking forward to my check and no guilt, when trying to use a company and support it in the very manner it strove for when envisioning the success of the idea it was built upon...
                        My apologies to inconvenience you by being a customer and someone who has struggled their whole life with embarrassing memory loss, that has never before made me feel like such a piece of crap for this shortcoming.

• Updated by Kelly McManis · May 25, 2019

I may have forgotten my details, but no, I did not confuse you with another company. I have the email and the service team leader's name as verification, but I am not interested in getting that personal. I apologize for simply having expectations of customer service that involve civil regard for the business relationship between the parties, and communication that shows some acknowledgement of that... My apologies for my errors with the accounts. Please don't insult anyone else by ending with, "Could you have mistaken us with someone else?" That doesn't solve anything, but is just an obnoxious way to inadvertently show the little respect you have for me as a competent human being. Thanks for your response...

• CouponCabin's response · May 25, 2019

Our system detected the creation of multiple accounts and subsequently froze one of them. When you emailed in to us, we merged the two accounts, helped get your account sent up for payment and let you know which was the active account. While I'm disappointed to hear that we didn't meet your expectations, I'm really not sure what more we could have done here since nothing I see in our correspondence could be deemed as, in your words, rude, condescending or "have stolen precious moments of his life dealing with an incompetent being."

Could you maybe have us confused with a different company?

CouponCabinpayment not received

CouponCabin terminated my account on Jan. 16th after I expressed a legal concern regarding their lack of transparency. I had $76.86 pending in my account at that time. Sydney K., the customer service rep who terminated my account, told me that a final check would be processed within 10 days and mailed out to me. It never was.

Ever since then, I've been trying to collect this money. Upon account termination, no one at CouponCabin would talk with me. I was told to mail a letter to their legal department. So at the beginning of March, I sent a formal demand letter to CouponCabin's legal department. After 30 days, I still had not heard back, so I sent an email to their legal department as well as to their customer service department. I received no reply, but two days later, CouponCabin's lawyer, Douglas Cordiano, overnighted me a response letter.

The response letter essentially stated that they would not communicate with me except through a lawyer and/or through the Small Claims Court and/or binding arbitration due to my repeated threats of legal action. Of course, this is a gross mischaracterization of statements made by me regarding legal action. There was, in fact, only a potential threat of legal action in the event that CouponCabin did not pay me the money owed. I mean, if someone owes you money, and they won't pay you, what exactly are you supposed to do besides threaten to sue them? If they paid that money, I'd have no reason to seek legal action.

This letter, and in particular one that Mr. Cordiano sent to the Illinois Attorney General's office in response to a complaint I made, contained what I will diplomatically refer to as factual errors. In neither case did Mr. Cordiano make any mention whatsoever of the money owed to me or my attempts to collect it. In fact, he seemed to feign ignorance of my objective.

Regardless, I did attempt to reach out to Mr. Cordiano in order to settle the matter amicably outside of court. He provided an email address to which I could direct communication from my attorney (as though anyone is going to hire an attorney to collect $76.86). I made clear that what I wanted was the money owed to me, at which point I would let the matter rest.

I pointed out to him (again) that CouponCabin informed me on Jan. 15th that I was owed money, and their own customer service representative, Sydney K., also informed me that I was owed this money. Further, Sydney K. also stated that my account was in good standing despite whatever security issue caused my account to no longer be able to be paid out via Paypal.

This is particularly important when you examine their Terms and Conditions. Section 3 of the Terms and Conditions, specifically paragraph III, "Termination of Your Membership, " states: "If your membership is terminated by CouponCabin, CouponCabin may refuse to pay some or all of the amounts credited to your account if such amounts appear or are suspected (as determined in the sole and exclusive discretion of CouponCabin) to have been earned in violation, or after violation, of these Terms or to have been otherwise unlawfully obtained." Based on Sydney K.'s statement, they did not believe that I had violated their T&C in earning this money. Sydney K. even informed me that a check would be forthcoming. Therefore, CouponCabin is in violation of their own T&C.

CouponCabin seems to have no problem using their T&C as a weapon against consumers, but when it applies to them, they have little regard for it. It is my opinion that they are betting that most people will not put in the time and effort to go to court or arbitration in order to recoup small sums of money. I wonder how many accounts they've terminated without paying out what those account holders were owed. I would not be surprised to find this to be a significant source of income for them.

So, what options are available now? Clearly they have no interest in acting in good faith. They won't communicate with me, and they've avoided any mention of money as though they were allergic to it. There are two primary courses of action. First, I can sue in Small Claims Court. It would cost about $90 plus some additional expenses related to serving CouponCabin. However, if I were to win, I could recover these expenses from CouponCabin. Other people in my situation may not want to choose Small Claims Court, though, because of location. I think you'd have to either live in Illinois or Indiana or go to one of those states to file.

The other option is arbitration. CouponCabin's T&C make this option seem equally unappealing because they state that you'd have to do this in Lake County, IN. However, JAMS, the arbitration company, specifically states that the consumer must be allowed to take part in choosing the arbiter, and they must also be allowed to have the venue take place in their hometown. So, despite what CouponCabin's T&C state, if you want to file an arbitration claim, it should not matter where you live. The filing fee is $250, however if you win CouponCabin will have to pay it. Additionally, CouponCabin has to pay several thousand dollars in fees to the arbitration company to have JAMS process the claim and arbitrate it. I don't know CouponCabin's record when it comes to these sorts of cases, but it is entirely possible that if you were to file and arbitration claim, CouponCabin may opt to settle with you rather than pay all of these fees to JAMS. So, if you've got a good case, you may wish to go this route. Perhaps if enough people did, CouponCabin might choose to change their practices.

Additionally, I highly recommend you file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office in Illinois. They will probably tell you that they aren't going to do anything, but perhaps if enough people complain, they will have no choice but to take the issue seriously and investigate this company.

• Updated by mjchrist · Sep 18, 2019

So I had previously filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office of Indiana. I provided them with documentation proving that I had earned money with CouponCabin and that their customer service agent made clear that I did not violate their Terms and Conditions in the process. Further, my documentation showed that my account was terminated because I stated a legal concern regarding their lack of transparency.

This is CouponCabin's response to my complaint:

"...we have stated that [my] use of the site and our Cash Back program triggered a number of red flags as sharing
                              characteristics with history user behavior that misused and exploited the program to gain cash back beyond the rules and normal functioning of the program. These security systems have been implemented to protect the Cash Back program from fraudsters and those seeking to game the program and manipulate its normal functioning to accrue undeserved cash back amounts.

In addition to the termination of [my] account due to his abusive and derogatory communications, the legitimacy of the pending cash back in his account was called into question by our security systems. CouponCabin has broad discretion to make determinations regarding misuse or exploitation of the Cash Back program...we have wide latitude to protect our business and our Cash Back program against potential misuse and fraudulent activity.

Because [my] account is now terminated as a result of his violations of our Terms and Conditions, and because the pending cash back in his account has been called into question, we are unable to issue...the payment he is demanding."

This statement is in direct contradiction to what CouponCabin's customer service agent said to me prior to, and after, my account was terminated.

First, in regards to my account termination, here is what Sydney K., the customer service agent, said:

"Given your desire to seek legal action, we feel that the best course is to close your account and issue a final payment for the cash back you have pending."

Second, in regards to their concerns about me committing fraud, this is what Sydney K. had to say when I first contacted customer service:

"Our security system has detected what it deems unnatural activity originating from your account and/or computer network and as a result, your account is eligible for check payments only...and that your account remains in good standing and is open for you to earn cash back as you normally would."

At no point would Sydney K. elaborate on what this "unnatural activity" was, nor has anyone else. In any case, they very clearly did not deem my account to have accrued money by committing fraud, otherwise they would have terminated my account because of that and stated that I would not receive my money because of these concerns. However, Sydney K. plainly stated that my account was in good standing, and that I would receive my money. Therefore, CouponCabin's lawyer very clearly lied to the Attorney General's Office in Indiana just to avoid paying a measly $76.86, which I lawfully earned.

Also, at no point had anyone from CouponCabin told me that they were concerned about fraud. I don't know how much clearer it can be that this company steals money from its members and has not qualms about lying to the authorities, even when there is evidence contradicting them.

If you have a legitimate complaint against this company, I urge you to file it, and include documentation, with the AG offices of Indiana and Illinois. I believe that the only way anyone is going to do anything about this company is if enough people file complaints. Their Terms and Conditions make it basically impossible to sue them in Small Claims Court because the case has to be filed in Lake County, IN, which is an onerous burden. The same is true for arbitration. Unfortunately, our laws have not caught up to the internet age. If you have a problem with a local company, you can sue the local company in your local court. However, with these companies that operate online only, they can write their Terms so that you can only file in one location. Justice is simply impossible. How much money would a company like CouponCabin have to owe someone living in, say, California, to make it worthwhile for the person living in California to fly to Lake County, IN in order to appear in court? It's ridiculous. There is basically no oversight in regards to these companies. They can lie with impunity to government officials even when documentation is sitting right there that clearly contradicts their lies. Maybe there's some mechanism that obligates these companies to at least respond to the AG's office, but the office has no teeth, so all they can do is put the issue into a permanent file. Maybe if enough people file complaints they can do something.

Even if they can't though, filing the complaints is still worthwhile. Why? It forces the lawyer to have to respond to the claims. I suggest that if you do have a complaint, send the formal letter to the lawyer demanding your money, and also file complaints with the BBB and with the AG offices of Indiana and Illinois. You may not get your money back, but at least this company will be spending money paying their lawyer to lie.

• Updated by mjchrist · May 04, 2019

Let me first state that no one from CouponCabin has attempted to resolve this issue with me, the complainant. They've done their level best to avoid me.

Jan 31, 2019

CouponCabin — incredibly tricky way of not actually paying the cashback

I have to give major credit where it is due: Coupon Cabin is a genius scam. They are not doing anything...

Jan 21, 2019

CouponCabin — my account was closed without valid reason or explanation.

I am having huge issues with coupon cabin too. I had well over $100 in my account, I would refer everyone to...