Countrywide Home Loans / mortgage statements

1 CA, United States Review updated:

9/2008 URGENT! To All Countrywide Customers with Home Loans...

I would like to know if the following occurred to any customers of countrywide home loans byside myself.

I have (two) Mortgages with countrywide home loans and have then now for 2.5 years. I noticied that in July I did not receive a statement from countrywide for my first mortgage. I got the statement for the second mortgages as usual.

They said they will send one out to me soon. Ok, I waited nothing. Now August 2008 comes in and no first mortgage statement again. Yet for August I received the second as usual.

I called Countrywide in August again and expressed to them my concern not receiving the statement for my first mortgage.

Here is what I was told...

We blocked your account because we sent a duplicate and it was returned to us. It was sent back to countrywide stating "WRONG ADDRESS" I said wow that is strange because that has never happend before. So I spoke to a Supervisor to see what can be done since this incident occurred twice already. (July and August 2008 Statements)

I explained to countrywide that I have a 2nd mortgage with them and to verify the address and they will see that everything is the same and I am still living in the home that was purchased.

To their surprise the second loan and first loan had EXACTLY THE SAME ADDRESS! They said why do not know why you are not getting your not getting your 1st mortgage statement. I told them I am going to file a compliant with the post office because tampering with someone mail is a federal offense and I told them that.

My local post office could not understand why this was happening and took the necessary steps to assist me.

My calls continued to countrywide and still they were not able to give me any duplicate statements or tell me why my statements have not arrived. I continued pressing them and still nothing.

Please note, that my statements always came on time and for some odd reason they stopped. Then when I read the details of the program that will be implented on October 1, 2008 it somehow began to all make sense to me. So please let me know if you exeperienced this situation in the past few months.

Now, to my surprise I get the statement that needs to be paid in October 1, 2008.

IF ANYONE HAS ENCOUNTERED THIS SITUATION PLEASE MAKE COMMENTS. MAYBE WE HAVE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

Please, be aware that now October 1, 2008, there is the new housing bill that was signed by the president of the USA in order to assist struggling homeowners.

For more info. on this program go to WWW. HUD.gov and you will see what the qualifications are in order to be eligiable for this program.

Please email me at [email protected]
Subject: Missed statements.

Thank you for reading my comment.
Bernadette - California

Comments

26th of Sep, 2008

I agree with all you say countrywide needs to get in trouble. I have delt with them and have gotton into a hole because of them. And as for thhat new housing bill forgetaboutit its bull. I called with all my issues and they turned taled to me about fixing my credit not helping me with my housing issues. My credit was fine I have no idea who that bill is for but not the people that have been ripped off by countrywide. What a joke the women told me about that bill I was so upset I thought yes someone will help now. Not at all. She told me I needed to be like 4 months behind on my morg payments and other things also. What a joke so much for that bill...guess we have to go after countrywide oursleves...

• Da
      25th of Oct, 2008

I have had 2 home loans with countrywide for many years. I have never had a problem with them. I have automatic payments set up with my online banking so this type of problem does not occur. The payments are made automaticly and come right out of my bank account.

28th of Oct, 2008

I have 1 loan with Countrywide and noticed the same thing. I did a quick search about not receiving statements and that's how I came across this post. At first, I thought it was just a mistake or something. Now I'm getting a little worried. I've always received my statements 2-3 months in advance. Countrywide would send my October statement in August or July, for example. I always pay my statements online through my bank, so it's not really an issue about not receiving an actual statement but I'm just a little worried that forgetting to mail out my statements is a sign of bad things to come.

30th of Oct, 2008

I have my mortgage with countrywide and have not had any problems. I make my payments on line every month. Also in reference to the returned statements, I work for a vredit card company and I know sometimes mail has been retrned for no apparent reason. That has nothing to do with the company that sends the mail. It is the post office that returns mail. If the correct address is on the mail, the company who sent the mail is not responsible.