Countrywide Home Loans

Posted:

Not posting payment

Countrywide Bank
I made a payment via Countrywide's website to pay my April home equity line in full. After a few days, I realized Countrywide had not posted my payment, and they had blocked online access to my account, with a message that it requires 'special attention'. After calling the number provided on their website, they said they hadn't posted my payment because my account was in the modification process. I told them I was not interested in any modification, and wanted my payment posted. Just for the record, in the 8 years I've been making my mortgage payment, I have NEVER been late, and I have excellent credit.

The representatives are giving me the runaround, saying they will fix my account and post the payment, and for me to call back the next day.

It has now been about 3 weeks since I made the payment, and I have called repeatedly to resolve the problem, and as of today, my payment has still not been posted, and they have given me a late fee!!! I filed a complaint today with the Office of Thrift Supervision and the OCC. I will also be mailing a letters of my complaint to every Countrywide mailing address I can find.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Loans

Comments

D  13th of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Did you obtain a payoff, or just pay the balance showing on your statement. There are restrictions on online systems that block the payments above a certain dollar amount. It is for your protection. If the payoff check is in the incorrect amount they cannot post the payment. So contact them, and find out which of the issues it is. You should have called them first to begin with. Sorry if this seems harsh. I don't work for them, but I do work for one of the oldest banks in the country. Good luck.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree