Countrywide Home Loans / I completed all necessary paper work they took my money for the appraisal and i never heard from them again

1 1199 north fairfax st ste.500Alexandria 22314, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-882-2868

On April 30th, 2008 I started a refinance process on my home of 20 yrs from avariable rate to a fixed rate with an Account Executive Sally Vance who's office was located in Orlando. Funds were taken from my checking account to in the amount of $315.00 towards the appraisal fee which was done on Fri may 9th, 2008. All my required paper work was signed and faxed back as requested prior to the appraisal and I have not been able to touch base with anyone since. my maine contact was Sally_Vance@countrywide.com and all her emails are returned undiliverable. my % quote was locked in at 6% for 45 days until june 16th when they actually had all the required papers signed and faxed back before 6:00 am om 5/8/08
Respectfully, Laurie J. Bakmaz and my present countrywide acct is #[protected]
My new Loan # I was given is [protected]

Comments

• Gi
      18th of Jun, 2008

My case is similar to Laurie's,

I contacted Countrywide, our lender when we fell a month behind in March and they suggested we refinance. We spoke to a woman in CW's Pennsylvania office named Lisa Chorpenning-Manes who said she could lower and fix our rate AND roll in the March payment! We gave her just under $500 (which we were saving for the March payment) for an appraisal and submitted all the other necessary documentation to her.

The whole process dragged out for three weeks, until she disappeared. We finally spoke to someone else who informed us that she didn't work there anymore and we'd need to talk to her supervisor, Stanley Coakley. When Mr. Coakley reviewed the loan, it was revealed that Ms. Chorpenning-Manes had been working out a deal that was NOT what we had originally discussed, and that we didn't even qualify.

After some salty language, I asked Mr. Coakley what our options were and if he would please send us a copy of the appraisal. He promised to over night it. That was over ten weeks ago. I've talked to him since, begging for a copy of the appraisal, and I left a message on his voice mail last week.

Anyone who has any advice on how to get a copy of the appraisal, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Gina Fox

• Re
      8th of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.