Costco Wholesale Corporation / litter purrfect cat litter

3 North Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

I have purchased this cat litter from costco for a couple years. The last 2 buckets I have found have been extremely dusty as well as no odor control. I liked the lemon grass mild scent as its not overpowering but I dont even smell it and they claim on their packaging that it is 99% dust free and it is terribly dusty. I would love to see more options such as a more reputable quality product such as Tidy Cats.

Hb
Aug 2, 2017

Comments

• Lm
      26th of Apr, 2018
    Best Best Advice +9 Votes

Please bring back the Litter Purrfect cat litter in the large green pourable containers. My cats have been using it for years and you just suddenly decided not to sell it any more. You always do that -- get folks hooked on a product and then stop selling it. I hate that. If you knew anything about cats, you would know that sense of smell is very important to them and they get used to using certain products such as cat litter based on smell as well as other characteristics of the litter. It's not easy to just switch them over to something else overnight. So, now we're down to our last container of Litter Purrfect and have no other cat litter to use for our indoor cats. Thanks a lot, Costco.

11th of May, 2018

@LMC333 Litterpurrfect hopes to be back in Costco soon. Please follow LitterPurrfect’s Facebook page. Thank you for your loyalty!

• Di
      9th of May, 2018

Litter Purrfect is purrfect for my cats. It's the only litter they'll use and the only one I've found that doesn't have a strong, offensive odor to it. It's unfortunate that Costco continues waiver back and forth about carrying this product in their warehouses because it's basically the only reason I've kept my membership. Sorry Costco... you've lost another customer. Loyalty runs both ways...

11th of May, 2018

@Diana Vanecek Please follow Litterpurrfect’s Facebook page. We hope to be back in Costco soon!

11th of May, 2018

What can I say; It’s Purrfect!

17th of May, 2018

I made a special trip to Costco to buy my kitty's Litterpurrfect. And, wow, it wasn't there. How come? My guy, Sam, has used it for years and is very picky about his litter. I was unaware that Costco had decided to not carry it until I did an online search. I'd figured that Costco was only temporarily out of stock. I will definitely follow LItterpurrfect's Facebook to see what progress has been made to bring it back to Costco...hopefully sooner rather than later. My green container of litter has run out.

20th of May, 2018

I have been using Litter Purrfect and only Litter Purrfect for many years for my cats. The current Scoop Away product smells disgusting – like a dirty gas station fake floral scent. My cats don’t like it, and I don’t like it, And I will not be buying it anymore because if it’s nasty smell. In contrast, Litter Purrfect Has a lovely light citrus scent. I will not buy any other litter. If Costco doesn’t have it, then I will just go to other distributors.

• Sm
      20th of May, 2018

We are loyal Litter Purrfect customers like many of the customers who have posted comments on this site. We cannot tolerate the smell of other products, and I bet our cat cannot either. Why would one put his/her cat through the agony of walking into an overpowering, unsafe, detergent-like smell each and every day? That's why we chose Litter Purrfect - it has a natural, soft scent - unlike other products - and is very effective, too. And the price was right. PLEASE bring this product back, Costco!!!

• Fa
      22nd of May, 2018

Please, please bring Litter Purrfect back! We spent many months trying out a lot of different products before finding Litter Purrfect and have used ONLY this product only for years. Few products we have tried work as well, all other products we have tried smell bad (either due to far too much perfume or ineffective scent coverage of male cat urine), and some have even literally caused the skin on the paws of our cats to peel! Litter Purrfect has an almost unnoticeable scent and really works! Please bring Litter Purrfect back to Costco!!!

• Ka
      23rd of May, 2018

Please bring back Litter Purrfect to Costco. I have tried other brands that my cats have flat out refused to use (I found their "deliveries" on my carpet)

• Al
      29th of May, 2018

@Kathleen Miele My cat does the same thing. It's awful. Please bring it back to Costco or offer us another way to buy it.

• Ro
      15th of Jun, 2018

PLEASE BRING BACK LITTER PURRFECT. The product you are offering to your consumers is horrible: Scoop Away. Horrible designed packaging and way too heavy and not a good smell. My cats hate this and now I am forced to go to my next go-to kitty litter at Walmart.

• Su
      22nd of Jun, 2018

I hate the Scoop Away product that is the only choice for litter at Costco now.
    Horrible fragrance. Even worse packaging. Just Horrible.

22nd of Jun, 2018

We have been using Litter Purrfect for a number of years for our three indoor cats. Since last year, stock in the Glasgow, Scotland store has been erratic and now it's not stocked at all!! There's no other product like it on the market and Costco has to rethink it's decision to withdraw this product...PLEASE!!!

• Ab
      8th of Jul, 2018

It's out in the UK as well. Very disappointed that it was not being carried as I drove two hours (the nearest Costco) to purchase this. Talk about waste of money, time, gas, etc. Clumping litter isn't widely available in this country and Litter Purrfect was the only thing I used for my cats. BRING IT BACK PLEASE!

10th of Jul, 2018

I made an hour trip yesterday to buy litter purrfect and was told it's no longer being sold by costco UK...it's the only reason I maintain my membership today...please restock this Costco...no warning...you just stopped stocking...not good enough.

• St
      1st of Aug, 2018

This was a very deceptive happening on someone’s part. I was also using the product that was in a big green container for years and then began to notice that it didn't control odor and would not clump like it used to and is also very dusty. It was while reading the comments listed on this complaint board that I realized that the product that Costco is selling now is a completely different product. It used to be Litter Purrfect and now is Simply Purrfect. Okay, I should have paid attention to the labels but it seems like an intentional deception on someone’s part to make the two products look so similar. Very aggravating.

• Di
      4th of Aug, 2018

My daughter and I both have cats a litter purrfect is the best. My son in law went specially to Costco to get 4 more and discovered that Costco is no longer stocking it. He bought the alternative on sale, but just one and it is disgusting the cats don't like it and I a man dreading running out of my last container and looking for an alternative. Please bring it back

• Ca
      12th of Aug, 2018

Please bring back LitterPurrfect have used it for years now can't get it in the UK.
    Costco please bring it back!

• Ad
      22nd of Aug, 2018

No purrfect - no membership! Like many on here - its the only reason I am a Costco member and customer.
    No Purrfect =no membership.

• Ol
      27th of Aug, 2018

Dear sirs, my wife and daughter have 6 cats in total between them, you can see via our membership how much we have purchased, and like others one of our main reasons for keeping membership was this product, Mainly it's the most hygenic of litters wve found and it's relatively dust free. Will be pleased if this is reintroduced ASAP...

• Cj
      31st of Aug, 2018

Agree. PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE bring this back, or at least explain why you stopped selling something so great and so hugely popular ? It does not make sense Costco...

• En
      10th of Sep, 2018

Are there plans to bring Litter Purrfect back? I spend a lot at Costco, but this cat litter is why I have my membership. Not sure I will renew if it’s not available.