Costco Wholesale Corporation / lg refrigerator

In March 2018, I purchased an LG door in door refrigerator. About 2 months after the purchase, the freezer was making a loud crackling sound off and on. Some of my frozen food were thawing out while some of the fruits and vegetables on the fridge side was getting frost bitten even during the correct temperatures. In May 2018, I contacted Costco Online customer service and was told that if I can't find a comparable replacement then to call them back and get a new replacement. The representative stated that my account would be notated regarding the appliance's defective performance, so I wouldn't have any issue when I call back for the replacement. In the meantime, I continued to search Costco Online for a comparable replacement. After I couldn't find a replacement, I called in July 2018 to set up the replacement appointment just to be told by another representative and a supervisor repeatedly that even though I was never given the exchange timeframe by the representative I spoke to in May 2018, Costco still could not honor my exchange request. I was also told by the supervisor that because I was not given any timeframe for the exchange to be valid, it would result in a coaching opportunity for the representative who failed to give me the correct information. It is very shocking how Costco failed to train their phone operators the correct information to advise their customers on appropriate protocols for replacement issues by emphasizing essential timeframes, but yet at the end, the customer still is getting the short end of the stick. This is a big ticket item and when my food are going waste due to an inoperable appliance, Costco needs to take it more seriously, especially when one of their representative failed to advise the customer of essential timeframe.

• Updated by Frustrated Customer 2018, Jul 27, 2018

Fr
Jul 27, 2018

Comments

• Lg
      Oct 15, 2018

Hey there, I understand that you had a frustrating experience with the Costco online service but I would like to help you get to the bottom of this. I hate to hear that you were having cooling issues with your fridge after only 2 months of your purchase. Please follow the link below so that I can gather additional information and see how to best assist you. ^JP https://refrigerators.lgsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?id=WEB_100_sg_4D9852C0C6629CC50EC4394F7562923B&agent=4297655