Costco Wholesale Corporationemployees

Hello,
I want to bring to your notice a distressing incident that happened today at Danville, CA Costco.

We have been members of Costco for over a decade and this is the first time that I felt unwelcome there.

I had gone with my family as they wanted to buy me a Mother's Day gift. We decided to look at Costco jewelry. I was the only customer there and the lady at the counter didn't make any effort to come to me to ask any questions or just to offer any guidance I might need! She just looked past me as I was standing there
I browsed by myself. However, soon a White woman with two kids came there and the lady was all nice and welcoming.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Danville, CAAsking them all the questions and making nice conversation even though I was before her and had been browsing for some time.
Later, the manager noticed me and asked if I needed any help, to which I said yes and he assigned other salesperson to me.
I ended up buying a 7500$ Diamond ring. However, my heart was heavy as I felt I was being stereotyped because of how I looked! I never thought in a million years that I would face such treatment at Costco!
That woman has spoiled the charm of Mother's Day for me and my family.
I cannot but feel that Costco values skin tone over customer service. Not even sure that I want to keep the diamond ring, if it would remind of the painful story of how I was completely ignored because of how I looked!

Gu
May 13, 2017

Comments

•   May 13, 2017

I don't know if the woman is racist or not. It certainly doesn't sound good. I do know you cannot, in all fairness, judge an international corporation with approximately 175, 000 employees, based on the actions of 1 lone employee.