Costco / membership policy

1 Chad DriveEugene, OR, United States Review updated:

For years I have been purchasing products for my work, on my personal Costco card. I have the Executive Membership so I get rewards, and I share with my card with my mom. I usually ask for two receipts so I can get reimbursed at work.

A few weeks ago, I was told that I cannot do this anymore, it is against Corporate Policy to give two receipts, and they made a really big deal about it. I said I would just go through the line twice, and be done with it. They said they would do it for me "this time" but it would be the last. I said, fine, next time I need two receipts I will just go through twice.

Tonight when I went to Costco, there was a hold on my account. I had to be taken aside and told about the policy again. Give me a break!! How ridiculous can you be Costco. We have a membership at my work, so it is not like I am using the membership and your not getting the money. I have my executive membership - which is 100.00 and a work Membership - which is another 50.00 - We spend literally 2, 000 - 5, 000.00 per year at your stores, some years more...and your going to stop me and scold me about wanting two receipts occasionally!! How ridiculous can you be...I am not stealing from you, and I don't appreciate being treated like a thief and a child.

Unfortunately, you do have good prices and products, so I will still shop at your store, HOWEVER, I will do my best to get as much as possible from Cash & Carry, and local stores - I am really tired of your "policies"!!

Ko

Comments

• Ye
      23rd of Sep, 2010

I had the same experience. I told the cashier I wanted a copy of a reciept and she said she can't do that anymore so I asked her why and she said it's their policy and they were told to do that from the company. I didn't make any big deal out of it and said okay because I respect store policies. I think it's all perspective. There are definitely other ways to work it out to get a copy of a reciept. Customers think that they can get what they want by complaining. Complaining doesn't get you around but it just makes yourself and people around you unhappy.

• Un
      20th of Dec, 2011

I went there today during my lunch hour and during the Christmas rush. I have had a card from work for months and have never been questioned about it before but today in a hurry the guy refused to let me use the card because it has a co-worker's name on tjhe back. Funny thing is that I have used it many times at this same store and today in the middle of a real rush the jack hole decides I can't use the card. I will never go back to the Eugene Costco again. I think they should have one policy and stick to it not allow 2 receipts one day then change the next or allow someone to repeatedly use a card they have been given at work to all of a sudden deny a purchase. They are very rude there and inconsistent. It I were you I would not shop there.