Costco / attempted purchase of tires

1 Bridgewater, NJ, United States Review updated:

I have a Costco membership and live in NJ. My daughter, who has my car on loan lives in Maryland. The car badly needs tires so I wanted to buy tires from Costco thru their website and have my daughter get them mounted at a Costco in Maryland.

I was told by Costco "Customer Service" that because my daughter does not have a Costco membership card they will not mount the tires. I as the member must go to the Costco store for the mounting, even though the car is registered in my name. What am I missing... they can take their tires and put them where the sun doesn't shine.

P.S. I easily spend at least $ 4, 000 a year in costco if not more, I just love their great service WRONG

Comments

4th of Aug, 2008

I was just looking at my Costco card. It says it's non-transferable. Most memberships are that way too. I'm guessing that because Costco sells items for such a low price they make almost all of their money based on memberships. It only makes sense not to let people who aren't members shop there.

• Da
      1st of Feb, 2009

So why didn't you get your daughter her own card? Why would anyone get a membership, if we thought like you, we would all share the same card.

16th of Dec, 2009

our costco would do this for you considering the car is in your name. that sucks that they were such pedantic jerks