Consumer Digest Weekly / Acai Berry Pure / Advanced Cleanse / Misleading Advertising

1 1602 Alton Rd , #588, Miami Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

"Consumer Digest Weekly" and "Health News" are headings of the website ( http://www.healthnews10.com/?n=178&k=weather ) which presents itself as a consumer advocacy news organization. If one scrolls to the bottom of the webpage, past the fabricated "Comments" section", he finds in the fine print of the disclaimers that the purported article above cannot "be taken literally or as a non-fiction story." The photo of the reporter at the top, "Melissa Sandler" is really a photograph of French journalist Melissa Theuriau.

Also in the fine print are some of the terms of the AcaiBerryPure and Advanced Cleanse programs. If you do not call the company within 7 days of enrolling in these programs ("enrollment means ordering your "free" samples) your credit card will be charged an annual membership fee of $150 for each program. If you take into account the time it might take to process an order and receive the shipment, then your calculations would probably indicate a scant 2 or 3 days to try a 30 day sample before you would be charged and enrolled in their scheme. But read it for yourself.

Consumer Digest Weekly / Acai Berry Pure / Advanced Cleanse

Comments

• Km
      15th of Feb, 2010

Hello,

I work for Acai Berry Pure. I'm sorry that you are unsatisfied with our product. Please feel free to contact our customer support center by email or our toll free number at [protected]@tryacaiberrypure.com, Monday – Friday 9:00AM - 9:00 PM EST and Saturday 9:00AM – 5:00PM EST. We suggest email for a faster response. We will be happy to answer any questions or solve any issue that you may have.

• Lt
      18th of Feb, 2010

Thanks for the heads up...

Quote from the Disclaimer:

This website, and any page on the website, is based loosely off a true story, but has been modified in multiple ways including, but not limited to: the story, the photos, and the comments. Thus, this page, and any page on this website, are not to be taken literally or as a non-fiction story.

• Du
      19th of Feb, 2010

Wow, thank you so very much for this heads up. I got the products today and was actually looking for the sites again for my coworkers and saw your complaint. It definitely saved me hundreds of dollars. I thought I'd read the fine print when I signed up the trials, but I guess I wasn't as careful enough. If the products are as great as they claim, then I will buy more, but it is absolutely unfair and unethical to hit me up for $150 membership fee for a 30 day supply of a product. Since I ordered both products, I would have been dismayed to see a $300 charge on my credit card and would have probably had a very difficult time fighting it.

You saved me so much future frustration with your complaint. Thank you.

• Su
      3rd of Mar, 2010

this company is a total and complete scam!!! i ordered this product and nowhere did it say that the 14 day trial was from the day you order it, so they took extra long to send the product only to have to look at my credit card statement to find out that they charged me $149.99!!! so i called them and the first time i call they tell me to call back because their system was down, i spent that whole day trying to get in contact with them!! i call again the next day and the operator tells me I KNEW it was a 14 day trial and that i would be charged $149.99 membership fee, so i told her to cancel it and refund my money and she said they cannot refund my money because it SPECIFICALLY says on their website that this fee is non-refundable!!! i double checked the site and nowhere does it say that it is non-refundable so i asked to speak to a manager and she gave me an e-mail address to request a refund. but of course i recieved and automated response that said my request has been denied. i emailed whoever it was and told them if they do not refund my money i will contact a lawyer and will be filing a complaint with the BBB. i just dont understand how they can justify keeping a membership fee if you cancel your account and ARE NOT A MEMBER??!!! it just doesnt make any sense!!! but i can bet you this...I WILL BE GETTING MY MONEY BACK, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!! so if anyone out there is planning to file a lawsuit please let me know!!

• Ks
      12th of Mar, 2010

Here is who they are and you might want to try these resources. I was supposed to receive a refund in 5 days and still no dollars and it has been 5 days. I told them I was going to help every one I can find. They denied me till they received a letter from the BBB Oregon atty. General then they decided to refund my money.

Enado Media, LLC
    1521 Action Road, #842
    Miami Beach, FL 33139
    Contact: Dash, Kevin
    Phone: (877) 651-2112

Here are some of the DBA's

Blackbelt Profit system is a dba of Enado Media LLC (Kevin Dash):
    * The Black Belt Profit System

List of who to contact:
    Florida Attorney General
    Federal trade commission
    Look for the square that says file a complaint
    Flordia BBB
    IC3
    Don’t forget your states Attorney General as well If you are outside Florida.