conn's/warranty tv / warranty refund

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I have been trying to get a refund that is owed to me from a tv warranty. the store manager has faxed the warranty dept. twice to process my refund and the warranty dept refused to answer my repeated phone calls or reply to the store request. I been told to contact Tim Babana hes the only one in this huge store store to refund my money but he refused to answer his phone so I dont know if he really works there. Maybe you people can call him and mybe he will anwser your calls 1-[protected] ext.3155. Thank You, Nadine Davis

Comments

• Ka
      4th of Mar, 2009

I purchased a 32’ LG HDTV from Conn’s on 2/15. We went to pick the TV up from the store on 2/16 (they had to order it from the warehouse). On 2/22, exactly 6 days after having the television, it malfunctions. We called the store and were told to take it back to the store. Once there, the personnel determined that it needed to be sent to the service dept. and that they would not be able to come pick it up until 2/24. We asked for a refund or another TV and were told by Terrence Andrews, the assistant store manager, that we were not entitled to a refund since we had the TV more than 24 hours. When asked if they had something in writing stating this policy, we were told no – it was just store policy. On 2/23 I contacted Alan Sheppard, the manager of customer service, and explained the situation to me. He said that I was entitled to a refund, minus the 15% restocking fee. I said fine, I just wanted my money. He said to let the service dept try to fix the TV and we would take it from there. I explained that I paid for a new TV not a refurbished one, but he insisted that I let the service dept fix the TV. I tried to call Thomas Frank, the CEO, Timothy Frank, the COO, David Trahan, the EVP of retail, Walter Broussard, the SVP of Store OPS, and no one responded back to me. On 2/26, I was able to reach David Atnip, SVP, on his cell phone. He said that he would call Alan Sheppard, and get the situation resolved. Dameon McQuarters, the store manager, called me that day and told me that they were trying to expedite the receipt of the part that I needed. He said that the part would be in on 3/2 and I should be able to pick the TV up on 3/4/09. I called the service center and they told me that the TV basically needed a new “motherboard” and that these parts go out frequently and it was a normal occurrence to have issues. On 3/4/09 I called the service center again and was told that the part had not come in yet. I tried calling Dameon, but couldn't’t get through, so I called David Atnip again, and told him how ridiculous the situation is. I paid $591.05 of my hard earned money, put off a gathering that I had planned, and was given the run-a-round, over something belongs to me. I was robbed!! I have no money and no TV, and they positively refuse to give me my money. He said that he did not have the authority to tell the store to give me my refund. He called Dameon. I called Dameon. Dameon said he had to call Alan Sheppard for approval for either a refund or a new TV. Alan Sheppard was gone for the day. I will have to wait until tomorrow. We have had the TV for literally 6 days. We own it and they have had it longer than we have and I don’t have my money. NO ONE IS HELPING ME AT ALL! THEY HAVE STOLEN MY MONEY AND ARE HOLDING IT HOSTAGE. Per their return policy, I have 10 days to get a refund. I told them that I wanted one on day 6, when it malfunctioned, and as you can see -- they have refused to give it to me. I just want my hard earned money back. TRY CALLING ALAN SHEPPARD 409-832-1696 -- NO ONE IS HELPING ME EITHER. This is what I sent to the BBB, Consumer Protection Agency, Attorny General, and will contact my bank tomorrow. Then civil court if necessary.

• Ak
      30th of Jun, 2009

I purchased A TV back in 2003. A 60" Hitachi LCD projection. My warranty lasted 5 years. It was up in December 08. During my coverage I had 3 light engines go out. The first time it took them a month to replace it. The second time it took them a few months, the third time it took them over 6 months to finally come and replace it blaming it on parts availability. I talked to the service manager at the service department and he told me they would extend my warranty for another year. I never received any documentation regarding this. Now it is almost July and my TV is going out on me again. I hope when I call they will honor this extended year that was promised to me. If not, I would like to know how to join the lawsuit.

15th of Jul, 2011

Its been 1 month and My 55' TV still isnt working. Ive called every other day to be given another date of repair. These fools got me F UP. I feel robbed and I cant believe this is legal. I took the extended warrenty out on the tv and for what, Im still with out a TV and ive had the TV only 5mo. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO CONNS, THEY ARE SOME CONNS.

23rd of Oct, 2012

I just brought a refrigerator from conns for 1, 250. One month later the rubber on the refrigerator ain't closing any more and sadly that resulted in a small roaches getting into my new refrigerator. I call to come fix it but they won't honor the warranty because of the roaches and I can't return it even through because of the defective rubber is the reason I am having these problems. I really upset at this policy because this refrigerator ain't closing right and it defective and the reason why stupid roaches are getting in conns. They should of at least done something more guess all conns cares about is money not customers.