Conn's / do not use this company, unless you are looking for a trouble

I had a zero interest loan with conn's and paid off the balance before the 6 months were up. It just so happened that Conn's did not credit one of my payments. When I found this out I faxed over to their "research department" a copy of the check that they cashed. I'm not sure why but I was told it takes TEN (yes ten) business days to review the check (even though clearly on the check was the routing number and record number they used to cash it). I called in frequently (six times) to see if it was updated and to ask if I could speak to the department myself but was told that the research department was separate of their location. To no real surprise ten business days came and went and no resolution. I called back today and asked for the manager and the manager said to call back during the morning hours because the customer service department can WALK OVER TO THE RESEARCH DEPARTMENT to get an update.

My finance charge has now kicked in and I'm concerned that it might affect me when getting credit for a future purchase in the near future and the rate that I get (car). Since I still have an outstanding payment, that has a high interest rate, my credit score might not be what it was before. Not to mention I was lied to and told that the "research department" works somewhere else.

If your looking for a company that has a good customer service experience after the sale or are looking for a company that you can make multiple purchases for in the future do not use this company.

Ma

Comments

• Da
      10th of Feb, 2010

I agree, if you want trouble use CONN'S