Compass Bank / bank fees
April, 7 2008
Apparently a charge to my debit card for $87.47 put my account over $83.08. This was the last Actual charge on my account on 4/07. According to compass accounting practices since this was a larger debit it was posted before other debits, 9 other debits to be exact. compass charged my account 9 NSF fees for $38. There was a deposit of $500 posted on this day also but according to compass, deposits do not count until all debits have cleared. the wierd part is there is a debit for $14.58 posted after the deposit. 9 $38 nsf fees posted on 4/08. Of coarse the fees posted first. Then more charges posted this day and everything cleared but the fees eating my $500. On 4/09 anothe nsf fee for $38 appeared for who knows what. A $300 deposit posted on this day. This fee and for other debits each under $10 resulted in in 4 $38 nsf fees posting first on 4/10. 3 debits for under $10 were assessed fees. 4/11 3 more $38 nsf fees posted and a $3 dollar debit which resulted in another fee. A $360 deposit was posted on this day, but of coarse deposits don't count until debits.4/14 one nsf fee posted 6 debits of which 4 were assessed fees. 4/15 4 fees 2 debits of coarse both were assessed fees. 4/16 2 fees and 1 deposit for $170. 4/18 1 draft on account which results in $38 fee on 4/21. On 4/21 a $45 overdraft fee was accessed. On 4.22 a large deposit was automatically made of which $371 was taken by fees. On 4/07 a $83.08 overdraft cost me 26 $38 nsf fees and a $45 od fee. The same day a deposit was posted that should have covered this whole mess. I called compass 10 times but each time I was told that these were legitimate bank charges. I plan on picketing the bank that the account was opened at. I plan on calling every news station in town. Banks were supposed to keep our money safe not keep our money. I am thinking about buying a safe and going cash only.No money in the banks means no Banks. Compass is supposed to be rebating my ATM fees and I have never seen a rebate. Compass doesn't care about their customers they only care about the customers money.
More Compass Bank Complaints & Reviews
- BBVA Compass Bank - frozen account 
- BBVA Compass Bank - non-sufficient funds charges 
- Compass Bank - holding deposits to generate nsf fees 
- BBVA Compass Bank - excessive nsf fee 
- Compass Bank - Vehicle Loan - crooked business! 
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - branch manager, and employees at northport alabama branch
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - closed account for no reason and holding on to the funds
- BBVA - credit card services
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - service bbva compass poor and rude customer service
- Compass Bank - service charges on an account that was closed 5 months ago.