Compass Bank / bank fees

1 5445 Garland AveGarland, TX, United States Review updated:

April, 7 2008
Apparently a charge to my debit card for $87.47 put my account over $83.08. This was the last Actual charge on my account on 4/07. According to compass accounting practices since this was a larger debit it was posted before other debits, 9 other debits to be exact. compass charged my account 9 NSF fees for $38. There was a deposit of $500 posted on this day also but according to compass, deposits do not count until all debits have cleared. the wierd part is there is a debit for $14.58 posted after the deposit. 9 $38 nsf fees posted on 4/08. Of coarse the fees posted first. Then more charges posted this day and everything cleared but the fees eating my $500. On 4/09 anothe nsf fee for $38 appeared for who knows what. A $300 deposit posted on this day. This fee and for other debits each under $10 resulted in in 4 $38 nsf fees posting first on 4/10. 3 debits for under $10 were assessed fees. 4/11 3 more $38 nsf fees posted and a $3 dollar debit which resulted in another fee. A $360 deposit was posted on this day, but of coarse deposits don't count until debits.4/14 one nsf fee posted 6 debits of which 4 were assessed fees. 4/15 4 fees 2 debits of coarse both were assessed fees. 4/16 2 fees and 1 deposit for $170. 4/18 1 draft on account which results in $38 fee on 4/21. On 4/21 a $45 overdraft fee was accessed. On 4.22 a large deposit was automatically made of which $371 was taken by fees. On 4/07 a $83.08 overdraft cost me 26 $38 nsf fees and a $45 od fee. The same day a deposit was posted that should have covered this whole mess. I called compass 10 times but each time I was told that these were legitimate bank charges. I plan on picketing the bank that the account was opened at. I plan on calling every news station in town. Banks were supposed to keep our money safe not keep our money. I am thinking about buying a safe and going cash only.No money in the banks means no Banks. Compass is supposed to be rebating my ATM fees and I have never seen a rebate. Compass doesn't care about their customers they only care about the customers money.

Allan
Garland, TX

Comments

20th of Aug, 2008

AMEN BROTHA!!!...im calling my congressman tomorrow, something has to be done...

• Cl
      28th of Nov, 2008

They are stealing from our accounts. Black ball the ###. Close your account and deal with a local bank. Call your Congressman/ State Reps./ BBB. What ever we have to do to be heard. I have lost over 5000.00 dollars to these people.

• Ph
      7th of Jul, 2009

i hate compass bank. they hold items pending and even if your payroll is automatically depoisted on the day they "clear" your account, you still get hit with the NSF fees. It's that unethical or illega. They haven't even posted your account, which in my mind that means it's not been paid yet, so why are they charging the NSF Fees!?!?!
    I completly hate them and can't wait to go back to Bank of America! Compass are just a bunch of thieves, claiming good customers service and trying to compete with the large banks!

• Da
      19th of Dec, 2009

Yep it's terrible when a debit takes forever to clear, then conveniently clears when there's not enough in your account to cover, resulting in the avalanche of NSF fees.
    Compass can go to hell!