Compass Bank / Compass is driving me to a nervous breakdown everyday

I have run into some financial difficulties have turned compass over too a settlement co. I have asked Jeremy from compass to cease calling me at work or I will lose my job he does not care and calls me everyday. Also breking the rules by calling at 7:30 in the morning I have shut off my phone and cable
And internet, Compass is driving me to a nervous breakdown everyday 3 to 4 times I need someone to help me,i am trying to get back to my feet but compass knock me down. That said they will call me anytime and any place. I have just recently found that I may be bipolar currently undergoing medical treatment for such. Can't explain to Jeramy he is so rude and if I lose my job where I have been for 8 years then I might as well live under a bridge. Help me if you can.

Compass bank - [protected]
Name Jeramy

N  15th of Jul, 2007 by

In accordance to the FTCPA (Fair Debt Collections Practices Act) which is governed by the FTC and is also mandated by ANY crediting agency(ie. banks, merchants, schools, etc... ) no creditor can call any consumer regarding anything (unless specifically told to do so by the consumer) prior to 8am or after 9pm at the consumers time zone. Also, if specific times for contact were provided by the consumer, that is the only time any creditor can call. Further more most states have exact laws on contacting a consumer at work, and the most any state allows is 2 times a week IF THERE ARE NO OTHER VALID CONTACT NUMBERS!!!

If at any time the consumer and/or the place of employment states do not call-especially if the calls will jeopardize their jobs, the creditor must cease all calls immediately and list as such.
Contact AZ Dept of Financial Institutions at 602-255-4421 or 800-544-0708 and the AZ State Attorney Generals office to file a formal complaint.

I am a collections agent for a national collections agency and I was a bank operations specialist for 10 years with a major interstate bank. I too have a plethora of problems with Compass. They will continue to screw people, they practice 'breakage' techniques. This is where they will bounce you between departments to resolve issues, then never come through on promises, illegally charge NSF, OD and service charges because they figure the consumer will become frustrated and 'give up'. Bank rule #1 there is no problems with anything until someone says there is. Please file a complaint-either agency will walk you through the how too's.
N  4th of Oct, 2009 by
Write a cease and desist letter. Example: This is a cease and desist letter stating that you stop all phone calls to my home and employer.

Under Federal Debt laws. Buy something to record the phone calls and if they are calling your cell phone get a detailed list of calls that will show calls coming in at different times.

You can sue them under federal law starting at 500, 000 and up for unethical practices. We are going to sue for unethical practices with another institution. It is ridiculous.

Document, document, document. Have another employee as a witness or manager listen in to testify for you to prove they are harassing. Make sure you send this letter certified so you will have proof they received your request. They will send a letter back, or should stating all calls made to the numbers you listed will no longer take place.

A  18th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Shocking that for so long COMPASS BANK has gotten away with outrageous banking precedures that line their pockets as they steal daily from their depositors through the process of debits first and then deposits causing overdrafts... HUGE OVERDRAFT FRAUD! Shocking as well is the number of compliants on the internet and this fraudulent practice has not gotten the attention of the Federal Banking Commission. Now that the mortgage fraud has so much light on it, THIS PREDATOR HAS FOUND A NEW WAY TO PREY!!!
COMPASS BANK debited $5 each month from my savings account for (fees????) each month until the account was empty and then charged fees for an empty account and then charged another overdraft fee for that!
This bank is a SLOT MACHINE ... putting money in and none comes out!

BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank Logo BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank
15 20th St. S Ste 1501