Comcast / queezing the poor

1 MD, United States Review updated:

I have had comcast internet and basic tv for yeasrs. All these years they have been renting the modem to me eventhough they knew they could let me buy it outright. Immediately I got my own modem and retrned theirs they realised that I was getting more channels than I should be getting. They took away 33-95 and when I called I was told that I had to pay 49.99 a month even if I wanted just nick jr for my daughter. You should be ashamed of yourselfcomcast. All that matters to you is profit and you would twist the arm of the poor to make profit. Shame shame shame. This is what is going to happen to the poor when you this merger with nbc is allowed to go through. I pray that it falls through. Shame comcast. Shame on you

Pe

Comments

• 4n
      8th of Dec, 2010

Yes...shame...a business that wants to make money. What horrible, horrible business practices!

• Lo

get a life?

• Lo
      8th of Dec, 2010

so the first comment wasn't supposed to say that...anyway, i totally agree and despise Comcast. i ordered and basic internet service thru them but after paying 66.00 a month for 3 months they threatened to disconnect service b/c my automatic payment of 66.00 didn't cover the bill. after reviewing my account online i found that i still had a balance owed of more than 10.00 and that they were charging me for HDTV (i still don't even know what that is) and realized when the Comcast guy came to install the services, he used an HDTV box b/c the firs 2 boxes (for basic) didn't work (yeah right). needless to say, canceled the service and went with ClearWire for internet and watched television online...

• Di
      8th of Apr, 2011

Comcast company offers their customers no repreive. I agree comcast company in maryland offer VERY poor customer service, be prepared to stay on the line for 1-3 hours. Nothing is resolved. I went from paying 39.99 internet service and told them it was not working at high speed. I guess comcast did not know up to date computers allow you to run a diag-report which tell you exactly what speed your internet is running out of 0-100% comcast internet was running at 13%. When I called to complained I was told problem would be corrected. However, that was untrue. How are you given credits that never reflect the actual balance. After having no internet service for almost four months. I complained, and complained. Nothing was ever resolved. Techs would have an appointment and never show and say they did. Now, after repeatedly asking for a lower speed. I am currently being charged for Blast, more expensive 45.99 and internet still running at a very low speed comcast knows they charge their customers for a higher speed yet you receive crappy very low signal internet. They give you every excuse under the sun. Your neighbor, your wire, your box, your computer, the weather, your this that and the other. They never take responsibility and correct the problem after they've been caught taking their own customers for granted. Horrible internet service.

• Cf
      24th of Apr, 2011

pay more for less? it's happeneing all around you for the last 5 years, it's not just comcast...shame because they took away nick jr.? really? ...go outside man.

• Ha
      11th of May, 2011

I have had comcast for 2 years now which includes the triple play package. First of all I agree with the lousy customer service and second of all and the most important, when they upgrade the cable modems it shuts off my home telephone, no dial tone or anything which means if there were to be an emergency I would have to go to the neighbors house to call 911 which is a violation of the F.C.C... I have complained about this for about a year and a half and all I ever hear is im sorry for your inconvience but there is nothing we can do. Well yes there is. There should be a back-up for the telephone in case of emergencies. I have done some research and made several calls to find a name or a number to the CEO of comcast but knowbody knows who he is or how to get a hold of the. Well I did the foot work so here is the number for the comcast CEO Brian Roberts 215-286-8960 and the number to the FCC is 1-888-225-5322 if anybody else is having this issue please respond to these numbers and voice your openion because it counts. I know others who have this problem and they have not resolved it so it is time to make the right phone calls and get something done. In my eyes the united states is one big family and we need to stick togeather on this one but I am ready to stand up for myself and the country. Yhank you for reading this and please voice your openions.

• At
      16th of Feb, 2013

I live in Montgomery County, MD, the Silver Spring area. They have a monopoly and the service is horrendous and the cost is outrageous and goes up on a regular basis. Right now I am being charged 172.80 for basic service and HBO. We are being charged for the DVR now - a new cost that suddenly appeared afte being a stupid loyal customer for 3 1/2 years paying 137.00. The price went from free for the DVR to 5.00 to 10.00 to 27.00 in a couple of months. The picture quality is poor as it is pixalated and goes out completely at times. The modem goes out and right now the TV does not work at all. My internet is slow -second only to dial-up. The politicians are paid to allow THIS MONOPOLY. Montgomery County, MD is as corrupt as it can be . The courts are owned by certain law firms and judges are paid to make certain decisions as the lawyers sit in the court rooms and nod their heads when the judges do what they have been paid to do. So it is no surprise that Comcast has this nice deal. My county is allegedly a Democratic one, but this is a joke. They have one of the highest incomes in the country-millions of dollars and the politicians run for office unopposed by a Republican or a Democrat..Now they tell us that we had a service that should have been cancelled and it cost us more than the basic and we somehow should have known that we had the wrong box. We are cancelling service and going to direct TV. Comcast is a bunch of gangsters.