Comcast Digital Voice System / horrible service!

Comcast Telemarketer contacted me regarding using Comcast's Digital Voice System. Upon saying I was interested, but only if the following two features were available, he said he researched and found they were available.

The services are remote call forwarding and busy dial rollover. After installation I was informed neither feature was available.

Within 2 weeks both phone lines went down and I was informed that it would take, and it did take, 72 hours to repair it. The service technician went around and unplugged my several phones and when he left he only plugged one back in. Within another week, the lines went down again, this time repaired next day by replacing the modem.

I then requested AT&T switch my phone back to them. It took Comcast over 1 week to release the phone number, and then only one of the two. After three weeks the other phone number release has been rejected 3 times, stated reason, AT&T is only requesting one number being released and Comcast says they have two numbers. This is not the case as one number was already released.

Emails to Comcast and phone calls have not yet resolved this problem. One service rep at Comcast told me that I should start over with AT&T.

I was told by the AT&T rep (of course some prejudice here) that they are having this type of trouble with Comcast not releasing the numbers.

Va

Comments

3rd of Mar, 2007

Signed up for comcast digital voice which included voice mail. When it did not work after a week of complaints and run around, I was told there are in fact several models of phones that are not recognized by their voice mail system, sorry but there is nothing they can do. After much more complaint was told to go buy a new phone then call back and they would credit my account that amount. I bought the phone then when I called back they said oops she should not have said that. They said they would put a request in and in 4 to 6 weeks maybe I will get a credit but that they dont ever normally give credit for this. of course I was never told about incompatible phones when I signed up for plan.

17th of Jul, 2007

I also can't get call forwarding bud to work with comcast. Any suggestions?

• Fr
      23rd of Oct, 2008

I have had Comcast Digital voice for a year and a half. I have had nothing but problems with the voice mails. It takes them to long for a call to post of the website. I keep getting errors when I log into my account. DVC error 313 and DVC 50 mostly. I'm told it's my equipment all the time. I have put fresh installs of Window's XP Home on my computer. I reinstalled the system software on my laptop still I get the errors. I even go a new machine with Windows Vista Home Premium. This is a new machine! And still those ding dongs blame my equipment. I like to know right away when a call comes in. Not 8 hours later.