Comcast Digital Voice System / horrible service!
Comcast Telemarketer contacted me regarding using Comcast's Digital Voice System. Upon saying I was interested, but only if the following two features were available, he said he researched and found they were available.
The services are remote call forwarding and busy dial rollover. After installation I was informed neither feature was available.
Within 2 weeks both phone lines went down and I was informed that it would take, and it did take, 72 hours to repair it. The service technician went around and unplugged my several phones and when he left he only plugged one back in. Within another week, the lines went down again, this time repaired next day by replacing the modem.
I then requested AT&T switch my phone back to them. It took Comcast over 1 week to release the phone number, and then only one of the two. After three weeks the other phone number release has been rejected 3 times, stated reason, AT&T is only requesting one number being released and Comcast says they have two numbers. This is not the case as one number was already released.
Emails to Comcast and phone calls have not yet resolved this problem. One service rep at Comcast told me that I should start over with AT&T.
I was told by the AT&T rep (of course some prejudice here) that they are having this type of trouble with Comcast not releasing the numbers.
More Comcast Digital Voice System Complaints & Reviews
- Comcast & Credit Protection Association - comcast did not inform credit protection association that payment is made 
- Comcast Cable Tv - there making me pay $800 to move there box out of my yard 
- Comcast / Broadband National - big rebate scam! 
- Comcast Cable - unauthorized charges (pay per view) 
- Comcast Digital Voice - paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem! 
- Comcast / Xfinity - internet alarm system cable services
- Comcast / Xfinity - voice
- Xfinity - internet, tv & phone "best deal of the year!"
- Comcast / Xfinity - "top stories"
- Comcast / Xfinity - property damage