Comcast / they're overcharging me

I cancelled my cable TV with Comcast on 4/24/08. They are still charging me for it, and when I contacted them to find out why, they said this is standard procedure. I'll be paying until June for cable TV that was turned off almost 2 weeks ago! That's if they aren't lying, again...

Why did I cancel it? I was told by customer service when I wanted to cancel the first time that they would extend the package pricing of TV and internet, then was later told after I got my bill at full price for each service that the representative had lied to me. They didn't even attempt to deny it!

Don't get an account with them unless you like throwing your money away and being constantly lied to!

Va

Comments

• Do
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Comcast tricked me into signing up for Comcast HSI at a cost of $19.99/mo + $3 modem/mo. It was installed 7/2/08. My 1st bill came this week (July 21) and guess what... the charges for July were at regular price (although prorated for less-than-month use). After talking to 3 different Comcast Reps. and 1 supervisor, all I got was "Your bill is correct. July was a partial month and it is Comcast's policy to charge the full rate (prorated) for any partial month."
    So, think about it... A FULL month (with discount & modem fee) would have cost me $22.99, but Comcast's policy (conveniently absent from internet offer or contract signed during installation) states that because it is a PARTIAL month, the cost will be $38.67!!! If this is indeed Comcast's policy, then they will trick people to signup for partial month just to 'fleece' them with the normal rate, thereby reducing their promotion cost.
    As I said to them: "I am considering legal and regulatory options to prevent others from being taken advantage of in this method."