Collect Pros / entertainment weekly

1 P O Box 4133Woburn, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18774391825

Received debit collection notice from Collect Pros pertaining to a magazine Entertainment Weekly. Never received prior notices nor the magazine. Contacted Entertainment Weekly and advised no record of account ever existing nor any attempt to collect a debit. This is a fraudulent attempt to collect a debit.

Cr
May 22, 2015

Comments

• Ti
      22nd of May, 2015

Can i have the phone for entertainment weekly i have received the same letter please and thanks

• Mi
      22nd of May, 2015

I received a nice pink demand letter for my $199.20 Entertainment Weekly Magazine subscription as well. Not only have I NEVER ordered this magazine, must be a damn good magazine for anyone to pay $200 for a subscription to. This had better not hit my credit report!

• Ro
      22nd of May, 2015

I just got off the phone with Entertainment Weekly. They stated they are receiving numerous calls regarding this company. They verified my address and no subscription, then asked me to fax a copy of my collection letter to them.

I have also emailed the police departments in both cities, not that they can do anything...but made me feel better!

23rd of May, 2015

I received a pink letter today explaining that I owed $274.05 for Entertainment Weekly magazine. Of course it was ###, I would never get that crap magazine. Anyways, I tried calling and got a full mailbox. So, I left a dispute-mail basically calling him/her out. Don't fall for their ### made website either. All we need is more ### out there trying to rip-off decent hard working people. Probably some welfare recipient already living on our tax money. Just my thoughts. Have a great day everyone!

• Sc
      23rd of May, 2015

just got a letter from collect pros today 23 may 2015 say I need to pay 365.75 for entertainment weekly I have never look at that magazine

23rd of May, 2015

I received a pink letter from this collect pros today concerning an Entertainment Weekly Mag. for the sum of $332.50. I have never heard of this Magazine, let a lone subscribe to it. These scams are getting worse. I have no intension paying for something I never ordered. Even the Better Business Bureau does not back this company.
    My brother is attorney and will be receiving a copy of this letter.

• Te
      24th of May, 2015

I just received the exact same pink letter scamming that I owe $199.20! I am pissed!! I think it is mail fraud and these crooks need to get caught! I too, have never! Ever! ordered "Entertainment weekly"! nor would I ever! I do not know how they got my name, but you can bet I am going to sick the Federal Mail Fraud department on these criminals! My letter came from:
    Collect Pros
    Dated 05/20/2015
    From PO Box 4133, Woburn, MA 01888-4133. They better watch out!

• Ha
      24th of May, 2015

I also received a notice from Collect Pros for $365.75 yesterday stating a past due amount from Entertainment Weekly . I have never ordered and never received a copy of this magazine. The envelope was from Carson City NV and the notice (including A reference number which you can use to look up on their website stating this is a legitimate claim). They also mention in the letter... for "your" convenience you can pay the past due amount on their secure website which indicates to me they would then have your credit card and/or bank information.

25th of May, 2015

Does anybody have the phone # for Entertainment Weekly?

• Ca
      26th of May, 2015

Just contacted Entertainment Weekly Magazines, spoke with one of their rep. He told me that there have been numerous calls regarding this issues. He mentioned the name of the collection agency, without even mentioning it. This is fraudulent and should be discarded. Their company are aware of this fraudulent and people who receives them should automatically just discard the notice..