Coles World Square Nsw / theft at coles world square

I was asking my brother in law who works at Deli Department at Coles World Square to buy me a roast chicken on Tuesday 4 July 2015 for my kids lunch the following day. He was working night shift and there was only 1 roast chicken left, he told his duty manager that he was reserving this roast chicken and will pay for it later after he finished working - hence he put it in the oven warmer. A customer came wanted to get a roast chicken and asked about the chicken in the oven. He told him that this chicken has been reserved for someone else then he went to complain about it. The store manager came and my brother in law told him that he was going to buy the chicken. Yet the store manager blamed him of not doing the right thing and should not keep that chicken as he had not paid for it! When he was busy cleaning, the store manager took the chicken and gave it to that customer without informing my brother in law at all. I was very very upset the way this store manager deal with this situation, I feel the store manager had stolen from my shopping basket! Very unfair... You are very narrow minded and you only can only see customer in front of you - but what about other customer that you cannot really see physically in this situation like me? This is not about the chicken but more about your attitude on dealing with situation like this. All customers should have the right to put their shopping in his or her basket before paying... Does it mean it is ok for other customer to steal from other customer'sbasket? You are as a store manager should be more wise and think ten times before doing thing like this. Shame on you - I am wondering: How often do you steal from your customer basket?
Aug 5, 2015