Coles Supermarkets / first aid for customer who fell on wet area

1 Douglas ParadeWilliamstown, South Australia, Australia

At about 6pm this evening a customer (male) walking beside the fruit and veggie isle fell. He was vertical then in an instant he hit the floor. He had no opportunity to put a hand out to break his fall. I witnessed this. The floor was VERY wet. No signs. A staff member approached and stood over him for a moment and asked if he was ok. The man did not response immediately. It was clear to me that First Aid by way of chair at least needed to be provided. I asked the staff to get a store manager. He came back with a broom and told me there was no store manager. I suggested he get the store manager again saying that there was somebody who would be considered a manager. Finally he came back with a person with a clearly labeled badge ‘store manager'. This manager asked if the customer was alright. He had managed to very slowly get to his feet. I believe the customer was in shock and I believe he hit his head. The customers name was taken as was mine. No report was handed to the customer. Problem, no first aid was offered. Was he informed of his rights as an injured customer. Cost cutting the number of staff has contributed to an inefficient Williamstown Coles store.

• Updated by Barb185, Jan 04, 2019

If this site cannot align a postcode of 3016 with the state of Victoria rather than South Australia- what is the point.

Ba