Coles Supermarkets / customer service

1 Coles Newmarket QLD, Australia Review updated:

On our way out to the register today (17/02/2019), I remembered that we need some lemons for the fish fillet and told my husband that I will just get lemon and meet him at the register. When I was already in front of the lemons the customer service man (tall and thin) told me to leave and didn't not allow me get even just one lemon because it's closing time. I told him "just one lemon" but he (quite rudely) told me "No, you have to leave now! The registers are closing". I said ok and did not argue but I am sure there could have been a better way to tell your customer that you are closing without telling them to "leave now" like you are kicking them out. I am not a native English speaker but I am sure that was a poor choice of word to tell your customer to "leave now" because you already want to go home. That kind of treatment left me feeling like I wouldn't want to go back to that store anymore. At least at Aldi they don't tell you to "leave now".

Ja
Feb 17, 2019

Comments

• Ra
      17th of Feb, 2019

Could I register my dismay at Coles promotion of the new plastic "collectibles". Plastic in our environment is already such a huge problem that to add more is thoughtless and totally unnecessary. I do hope that this is the last of this type of incentive to shop at Coles. Perhaps I should shop at Safeway until the promotion ceases.