Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace / Incompetent agent

1 124 N. Winston Rd., Knoxville, TN, United States Review updated:

In Aug. 2010, I was insulted by one of the agents at Coldwell Banker Wallace and Wallace. I was just trying to speak to her regarding a commercial listing. She used foul language and said "f...you... on the telephone! I was appalled. I was never so humiliated in my life; and especially be a person that claims to be a "professional". She had no business cursing me on the telephone and I am not going to tolerate her behavior. I have reported her to the TN Real Estate Commission for their review. The commission states "there is nothing they can do". Well, I think that this real estate agent should be reprimanded for using foul language and insulting people on the phone!!! I will never recommend anyone to use Coldwell Banker for their real estate needs! I spoke to the office manager but I suspect that he is sticking up for the agent with the foul mouth!

Comments

• Dr
      11th of Feb, 2019

Don’t be fooled by the fancy name!

I have never had such a negative experience from start to finish as I did with these clowns. If you don’t mind being consistently treated in a demeaning, condescending manner, like a presumed criminal, then rent your property here. From the lease signing until the end when they keep your security deposits by itemizing normal wear and tear and preexisting damage, you will feel like you’re dealing with a group of slum lords with a fancy name.

When it comes to repairs and service, they are generally difficult and unpleasant, and poorly responsive. Even if you pay your rent on time and take great care of the property, you will always feel they are expecting you to behave like trash, and they treat you accordingly.

Ironically, given how strict and detailed the lease contract is, they failed to uphold their end of it when it came to the stated time frame for returning my deposits. It ultimately didn’t matter, since they found a way to keep most of it anyway.

Bottom line, if you have decent credit and other options, steer clear of this big rip off company (each office is reported as independently operated, so there may be variability with different locations; this was the Northshore branch I dealt with, but go look at all the complaints against CB nationally and it may be that they manage to maintain a consistently low level of customer satisfaction). There are plenty of honest realtors who will rent to professionals and treat you with respect and fairness, as well as provide good service and value you as a renter. If you don’t have other options, or are finding it hard to avoid them because of their size and share of the rental market, at least be prepared for what to expect and approach every step of the process carefully to protect yourself. Take pictures and report every tiniest blemish when you move in, because they will try to use your deposits to upgrade the owner's property when you move out.