Coldwell Banker Burnetno response

I see another story similar to mine, however instead of selling a home I was purchasing. My husband and I were looking at homes and put in an offer on a home in St. Cloud MN in December 2008. I wrote out a check for the $500 earnest money. The offer wasn't accepted so I expected the check back. Coldwell Banker could not locate the check, so they said to do a stop payment, which I did on 1/5, because the weren't sure where the check was. They said the would reimburse me the $30. I sent a copy of the confirmation. They never contacted me, and after many calls, the office manager, Wendy Wosmek, finally left me a message saying that I would have to give them my Social Security number to cut the check. I did not want to give them that after all the difficulty.I kept calling, nothing. I asked for a number from corporate, Wendy said that she would call me back with it. They never did. I went onlne and sent an email to corporate. Never heard back from them. In the meantime, we put another offer on a different house, unfortunately through the same company. Wrote out a $5000 earnest check. The offer again was not accepted, but they have yet to return the check though it was from January. I have also tried contacting Russ Portele [protected]), the Manager, and after numerous calls, he left me a message on March 17, saying that he wanted to resolve the issue. Still nothing has been done and they do nothing. Then I gave in and gave them my SS#, just to get it over with, and still nothing. All I want is the $30 that was promised to me back in December and the return of my $5000 earnest check so that I know it will not be misplaced, if they haven't already. I have tried in vain, but have not been able to get anywhere, and they don't tell me a thing. I finally did receive my $5000 earnest check back. They finally sent out a W-9 form that they wanted me to fill out to get my $30 payment. Which is to claim taxes on the check! I reluctantly sent them the info, after all I really didn't want people like this to have personal information!

I sent that a couple of months ago, and I still haven't heard back from them. Don't do business with them. They will not have your best interest in mind!

Madd Mike Aug 18, 2009

As a Realtor here in Spokane, I can only advise you never to use ReMax and secondly report them to their national office, but most importantly file a complaint with your local Realtors Association. That will get some action I can guarantee. Michael Keller, Windermere-South Regal of Spokane, WA