Coast Dental & Orthodontics / Crown - company will not take responsibility for messing up my tooth

Lake Mary, FL, US Review updated:

In 2014 had a corwn put on the tooth based on oral evaluation, since i had already had a root canal done the practice did not check if it was done properly. in 2015 went for a cleaning to another dentist and was told the crown has a gap. This basically means it was not put on properly. After this went to Coast dental in 2016 for a cleaning and told them there is a gap. Based on their warranty on the tooth asked for a remake. But due to the gap the tooth got brittle and i lost the tooth. Already paid over $1200 after insurance for the same tooth. Now insurance wont cover retreatment of the same tooth and Coast dental will not rectify this mistake nor give me a refund on the money paid for a job not done properly. I asked for my medical records and got hung up on by the area manager. The time it took to complain even making multiple calls took over 6 months to get to a conclusion where i would have to pay $3000 to get an implant on something if was done properly in the first place would not be needed. I feel this dental office does not care about its patience and is only interested in charging you money and give no quality work. The office manager does not communicate and does not care to follow up. I cannot believe that an area manager hangs up on a patient without correcting the problem. I am now out a tooth and maybe even two due to the delay of 6 months and out $4, 000 once implant is done by another dentist.

My request was for a refund not credit to my next visit since i do not trust this practice any more. Or cover the cost of my implant as this was directly relevant to the work performed by their practice.

Ma
Dec 08, 2016

Comments

• Ci
      Jun 07, 2018

I had Coastal Dental Fleming Island, Fl put a crown on my tooth. It came off. I called them several times leaving messages about the problem. They would never return my calls. My husband called several times. They never returned his call. I ended up going to another dentist because of the pain. The other dentist called them and spoke to the office manager. They said they would call and take care of it. Never did. The new dentist called about 2 weeks later. Still no response. I called the new dentist and said the pain was really bothering me. She is in the process of replacing the crown. It cost me more money but at least I am getting it fixed. Turns out, the crown was never put on properly, there wasn't enough occlusual clearance so it was doomed to happen and it was their fault. I wasted a lot of time and money. The guy running the office doesn't seem to know what he is doing. Run don't walk away from this place! I feel they ripped me off and wouldn't even call me back! I wish they had negative stars to give.