Club Pogo / failure to properly credit tokens won, pay moneys won

1 Redwood Shores, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-543-5435

On 5-20-08 I was "ripped off" for in excess of 15, 000 "tokens" I was won playing the game Hog Heaven Slots in Club Pogo on pogo.com. This has also been happening on a regular basis to other players, not getting credits for tokens we're being told by the game we've won, but trust me, tokens "wagered" are very promptly deducted from our totals. Granted, they are "tokens" not real money with little or no cash value. But many of us who play are older persons, many, such as myself, are disabled, and this provides us with contact with others who share our challanges, trials and tears. We also share our joys and our triumphs as well. We pay a fee to play on Club Pogo, some monthly, some bi-yearly, some yearly and I don't believe we are being treated fairly. You try to contact them on line and get stonewalled, with nothing but "generic" answers; you call their 866 # only to be faced with an automated phone system which doesn't give you the opportunity to talk with a live person in a one-on-one basis, meaning all you get is more frustrated. What can be done to see that we receive the benefits we pay for? People are being told on line they've won cash prizes, from $5.00 to $4, 999.00 and when they try to collect, are told they are "ineligible because they cheated", or some excuse, with the bottom line being the money never comes through. NO ONE I'VE TALKED TO ON THE CLUB POGO KNOWS ANYONE WHO IS ALLEGED BY THE SITE TO HAVE WON A JACKPOT! We believe the identities are being falsified by the site and EA Games to encourage us to continue playing. After all, how many elderly and/or disabled people do you know who couldn't use such winnings? Can you help us, at least to be able to make contact with a real live person and not some computer generated voice that is totally useless and obviously designed to frustrate and discourage personal contact? Thank you.

Comments

• Fl
      6th of Jul, 2008

I would like everyone who is complaining about pogo cheating us of Jack Pot winnings, that they are misinformed. My frind won a JP and was paid by check. Thank-you POGO your games have been a God send to me, and even if I don't win I sure have fun playing. Keep up the good work.
    Sincerely, fhzwins

• Ot
      13th of Jul, 2008

I can't speak personally, but I have seen the winners announced that they did indeed win. I heard a girl complaining the other day that she was cheated out of a JP. Their rules are spelled out. You must be registered with EA as well as Pogo and you must have proper ID to give to them in the form of two pictures and verification of age, etc. I have all that in my computer. Now, I probably will never win a game jackpot, but if I did...to win those amounts of money x2 being a member of Club Pogo would be a Godsend because I have so much fun playing their games. The site is an awesome site and I thoroughly enjoy it.

I have heard of a couple of people getting paper checks from Pogo and I believe they are legitimate or they would not have been around so long. I have only been playing there about 4 weeks and I never knew they existed, but I wish I had known long ago.

I do believe by reading their contract that they will pay, but you do have to abide by the rules of winning and that is providing all necessary identification.

Hope this helps and try to enjoy these marvelous games. They are so much fun!

• De
      18th of Sep, 2008

Pogo only started doing these so called paper checks because there was a pending lawsuit against them from a player who was told he cheated when he won the JP spin and it was doubled, and yes some of the names are not real 5 times I saw someone win a JP I went to the friends list to add them just to see if what i was reading about fake names was true and 5 names I typed in on different times said "NOT A CLUB POGO MEMBER". Pogo is sending very few checks but 90% of those that had won were excused of cheating and those were exact words used by Pogo "cheating" not because they were not registered with EA along with Pogo but Cheated!!!

11th of Oct, 2008

I have written this complaint so many times it is not funny. I paid to be in a pogo club. I was taken out of this club pogo and puy into another pogo club.The pogo club back ground was blue. You can edit your profile. You can purchase gems. Your friends can send you mail through this club. I had over 2oo thousand points in this club.I cannot get back into this club pogo. Why did pogo take my money only to stick me in another club that I do not care to be in, I want OUT of the green pogo club. Can someone - Anyone help me I am so upset with pogo I do not know what to do. Please help me.

• Sp
      5th of Oct, 2009

spooky slots does not give you the right tokens the game will skip around will some check it out plese thank you