Club Pogo / Games freeze

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

For the last two months, I have been unable to play ANY of the Club Pogo games without my computer freezing and giving me the message "Not Responding". I cannot play a complete game. I do not have this problem with any other site so it is not my computer. Either fix the program or I am not renewing my subscription ~ I've been a member since 2002. I can spend my money at other game sites and play a complete game.

Pa

Comments

• Fu
      24th of Jul, 2008

I received this e-mail from Pogo when I was having trouble playing and freezing all the time. I installed a different version of Java (Microsoft Virtual Machine) like they said and it works perfectly. Just follow the directions. Hope it helps. Good Luck.

Greetings,

Subject
    Reference #: 080223-006379 Subject: Java 1.6.0_03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.) Win...

Discussion Thread Response (Elysia)03/26/2008 02:15 PM

Thank you for contacting technical support. I am sorry that you are experiencing difficulty.

Can you try using the MS Java instead of the Sun Java? Prior to making this change go ahead and uninstall any current version of "Sun Java" under the control panel, then follow the instructions below to set your browser to use MS Java.

-Open Internet Explorer
    -Click Tools then Internet options
    -Click the Advanced tab
    -Scroll down and unselect Java (Sun) "Use JRE 1.5.0_0x for (applet)
    -Check the box under Microsoft VM "Java console enabled"
    -Hit Apply/OK

Go ahead and try playing the game again.

Here is a link to get the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine. This site is not affiliated with Electronic Arts so if you run into any issues please consult with your system administrator.

$#+@://www.gamecolony.com/msjava.shtml

How to Disable Sun Java and Install Microsoft Java

(Although it's a bit harder to install, Microsoft Java is faster, more stable and provides better graphics.)

To use Microsoft Java, you would need to disable Sun Java first.

How to disable Sun Java:

Open up Internet Explorer and go to the 'Tools' menu located on top of the Internet Explorer window. Here, select 'Internet Options'. Go to Advanced' tab and scroll down until you see Sun Java. Just uncheck the box and hit 'Apply' then press 'OK'. Now your are ready to install your new Microsoft Java.

How to install Microsoft Java:

To install Microsoft Java on your PC, click on the link below and save to 'My Documents' or wherever you normally save.

*&*&://www.gamecolony.com/temp/msjavx86.exe

Double click the file and click install.

After the file is installed, it will ask you to reboot/restart your pc...click yes.

When your PC restarts, open up Internet Explorer and go to the 'Tools' menu located at the top of the Internet Explorer window and select 'Internet Options'. Now go to 'Advanced' tab, scroll down until you see 'Microsoft VM' and make sure all 3 boxes are checked. Now select 'Apply' button and then press OK.

Click on the link below to get an update for Microsoft Java version 10 and save it to 'My Documents' or where you normally save.

+&&@://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4^$a04af2b34d.exe

Double-click the file and install it. After it installs, it will ask you to reboot/restart your PC...click yes.

When your PC restarts, your new Microsoft Java should be ready.

Switching between Sun Java and Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (for Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP)

Both Sun java and Microsoft Java can reside on the same computer without creating a conflict.

Sun Java is updated very often, sometimes weekly. It is still, in general, slower and less stable than Microsoft Java.

(If you are technically inclined: the thread management functionality in Sun Java is less robust than in Microsoft Java which makes Sun Java a far less desirable choice for games for now.)

If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, you can easily switch between Sun Java and Microsoft Java (you'd need to have both installed as per above).

The procedure of turning back on your existing Microsoft Java is slightly different depending on which version of Sun Java you have installed. In both cases, you'd need to turn off Sun Java from your Internet Explorer and then Microsoft Java would 'kick in' on its own.

If you have Internet Explorer browser and Sun Java version 1.5.0 and later, you'd need to go to your browser's menus: Tool/Internet Options/Advanced. Here you'd need to find Java (Sun) item and uncheck it & press OK. Then, you'd need to close/reopen Internet Explorer.

If you have Sun Java plugin for the previous version of Sun Java, you'd need to go to Control Panel/Java plug-in/Browsers tab. Here you'd need to uncheck Internet Explorer & press OK. ((On Windows XP, Java Plugin can be in Control Panel/ Other group)

Once you uncheck Internet Explorer from Sun Java Plugin - Microsoft Java should take control upon browser restart. This will only happen IF Microsoft Java is present and correctly configured. If not present/configured, then you can still get it by (1) installing Build 3810 (see above) and (2) installing Windows Updates (see above)

If you have any further questions or comments please simply reply back and we will do our best to address your concern.

Please feel free to contact us back again or visit our help site at help.ea.com

Sincerely,

Elysia
    Customer Support Representative III
    Electronic Arts

Need further help? Try the 'Answers' area on our support site, *+#=://support.ea.com

• Cv
      12th of Apr, 2009

I have java and tells me that all is working properly yet I cannot play any games or get my badges due to it telling me that I need to update my java plug in...what is going on and how can I fix it? Last weekend I played the games all day and no problems and on Monday this is what it was telling me about the update JAVA plug in
    CVande9375@aol.com

• Wb
      5th of Jul, 2010

since last mon. nite/tue. am cant get into lotd of games specialy yahtzee also soc hops after spin game freezes. help! help! we both pay good money. HELP!

• Wb