Cleartrip / stupid service and ignorance when requesting for refund

1 India

Let me start with the summary for the consumers who are reading this; I can only suggest booking your flights directly on airlines' website is a better idea.

Apparently in my case, I booked a domestic flight and even selected a meal on one of my flights. Only to find out that Cleartrip had charged me but the airline did not get the meal instructions from Cleartrip. In fact to make it more trackable, after completing the booking procedure on Cleartrip's website, I noticed the meal is not specified anywhere on the e-ticket meanwhile I know I had selected that option and I even remember the amount. So I chatted with cleartrip support and they confirmed over the chat that my meal is selected and it is on the system. I even pointed it out that its not mentioned on my e-ticket and I was assured not to worry as its there on the system.

Now comes the day of travel, I was told by the air hostess that I have not paid upfront for any meal. So now going back to the support person of Cleartrip on chat, Im told that I didn't pay for the meal and that support person who had confirmed initially on 1st chat, made a mistake by confirming multiple times that I had selected a meal. So that leaves me with one question - I know that I paid, and the support person confirmed I paid and it's on their system. So now when it's time for a refund Im told I am a liar. CLEARTRIP can go and stuff themselves! That was the last booking done on their website. No more cleartrip, makemytrip $hit websites!

Mu