Clayton Homes / Terrible company and they don't care

United States Review updated:
4.65

Update... we spoke to two different local lawyers and they said we had a right to battle this but after their research both told us that it would be a long battle. Clayton is known as a drag their feet company. More money wasted then worth... We are still getting the push around, he said she said crap from the local dealer and the plant in TN. We took the ceiling down in our kitchen and found there was no center structure that ran along the open ceiling. Our contractor said we could install a support beam in till spring then a new roof would be needed. I have came to a conclusion, when you purchase something from this company expect to be treated like another number and if you are past your 1yr over product warranty then you have to have a lawyer to get anything done...
Va

Comments

Cl
  26th of Dec, 2008
Stop Paying for it until they fix the problems...and tell them that. Really if you bought a new home you deserve a new home. Not anything less.

They pride there self in making people happy...so they say. Which is all a crap. They do drag there feet. But don't drag yours. Get in touch with local newspapers radio and tv they will help. And clayton don't want bad press.

You will get what you put into it. But don't buy another mobile home
anything dragged down the road can't be to good.

Good luck.
Jo
  28th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
If I knew then what I know now, I never would have gone anywhere near a Clayton Home. I thought I was buying a Marlette Home, which used to be a good brand, at no time during. the purchase was I told that they no longer made the homes, it was now Clayton Homes. I have had nothing but one problem after another, the service is a joke, they do not stand behind the product, any repair that they did do was poorly done, that's an understatement, as I was told by an ex employee, they intend to do as little as possible, just enough to shut you up until the warrenty runs out. The floors in my new home were so bouncy, you could feel the cat's footsteps, no kidding. After several calls, when I was told "they all do that", I heard that so many times, they sent the service man, he couldn't see anything wrong, "they all do that" I called the state manufactured housing board, (Maine) they did send a man to look. He said it wasn't right, but he couldn't make them fix it, I guess you have to fall through it first, so being a single woman, I paid to have it fixed. The siding was so bad, it looked like waves, again the state inspector could see nothing wrong, I sent pictures to the company, and they did agree that it was wrong, and did have it all resided. I found out during that time that there was nothing under the siding, no windwrap, no caulking around doors or windows. After many calls to state, I found out that the board's members are mobile home dealers, sounds like the fox minding the chicken house! I could go on forever about all the things that have gone wrong, the poor service, the staling, the half assed repairs, the outright lies. The doors that didn't shut, I was told that the reason the stormdoor wouldn't close was because it was cold out, I said I was pretty sure that was the reason for a stormdoor, to keep the cold out. After several weeks and many calls, the new door was put on. The service man (I use that term loosely)said the door that was on it wasn't even the right one. It has been three years of constant problems, thank god it's just me and the cat, I'd hate to think what would happen if a kid was running around here! I'm to the point now that I just hope it holds together until I krock, which, with the stress of owning this piece of crap, may be soon. I'm thinking of writting a book about all of this, no one would believe all the things that have gone wrong, including a service man using my measuring cup to bail out the toilet and then putting it in the sink, thank god I figured out how it got in the sink before I used it, GROSS! Well, I hope this gives you some idea of what to expect, and something to think about before you waste your money. As one service man said to me "this is dispossible housing, it's not ment to last", that really made me feel like I got my money's worth.
Tr
  8th of Feb, 2012
the answer to clayton homes and service problems is not to repair it but to order you a gift card from corp. office to shut up the customer and hope they go away!!!

Clayton Homes Logo Clayton Homes