Classic Parade / lamborghini hire

2 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

In February I was meant to get a Lamborghini from them for my wedding day so I arranged to have it the day before so I could run my future wife to Liverpool to have her nails done by a famous nail technician which was explained at the time of booking and I was informed this wouldn't be a problem. But the evening before this day at around 10pm Andrew said unfortunately there is a problem with the Lamborghini and we will have to let you know later if it's fixable by this time there is less then 12 hours until I need to leave my home to get my wife to the nail technician (who's fully booked for at least 6months) so we start to panic as this is too late to arrange another vehicle. 1130pm comes and I call Andrew to find out what's happening and he says the cars no good we can send an Audi R8 but there is extra charges etc I say that isn't good enough and that an Audi R8 is not in the same league as a Lamborghini. He then says the only other option is a red Ferrari which again by this time It was nearly midnight so time was against me so I said ok we will take the Ferrari but it needs to be here the very latest 10am which he says yes defo will be. So went to bed annoyed but at least we had a nice car for the wedding and to go to Liverpool in. 10am came and went I was call Andrew no answer now I'm really panicking to shorten the story my future wife was in the car on our drive her car about to leave at 12pm when the ferrari finally turned up then they say I needed to pay more money for the rental and a higher deposit and there was no fuel in it by this time as you can imagine stress levels through the roof my wife nearly called the wedding off so I had to go ahead with it or we wouldn't of had the nice car for the photos. By the time we got to Liverpool we were that late I had to pay extra for the girl to see my wife but there was no way she could have the nails she wanted due to time restraints so least she had them done but not to how she wanted but with it being her big day she was very upset. I think all of this is bang out of order and we should of had money back not had to pay extra money for something I didn't want. Moral of the story is do not under any circumstances rely or use this company as you will get let down on your big day.

• Classic Parade Customer Care's Response, Oct 08, 2018

Good evening,

Many thanks for your review.

With cars being moving assets they are subject to all kinds factors such as break downs and eoad traffic conditions etc.

As much as we usually get it right, it sometimes does go very wrong, but we do always strive manage the situation, and we eventually had a vehicle delivered to you from a partner company.

Feel free to give us a call at your convenience to remedy this matter.

Please accept our apologies.

Andy

• Updated by Joe preston, Oct 08, 2018

Hi Andy
    Thanks for your reply but I feel this is just damage limitation. You should of trying to sort the problem out before I posted a bad review as you did say you were going to send a Lamborghini for me another time which hasn’t happened and you failed to reply to the email I sent you to request the cost of fuel to be refunded as I was a first time customer to you I get a free tank of fuel. Plus I understand about moving assets the problem I had was I got extra charges put on for a different vehicle and extra deposit the day before my wedding plus extra charges for extra mileage. This is what I say is wrong and you have people over a barrel at this point. Thanks joe.

• Classic Parade Customer Care's Response, Oct 09, 2018

Good evening Joe,

Hope you are well.

Sorry that you feel this way, we do not anticipate putting people over a barrel nor is it a business model of ours. These are genuine problems all businesses suffer in this industry, all we can do is find means to remedy it.

From time to time when we are left with no options if one of our vehicles break down, we reach out to suppliers to deliver and they usually have their own rates, the best we can usually do is negotiate to bring their prices as low as possible and run it by the customer. At this point we offer options in the form of a refund or an alternative vehicle from a supplier.

• Updated by Joe preston, Oct 16, 2018

Andrew
    I don’t believe these problems that I’ve had and by the looks of things a lot of other people have had too are “genuine business problems” and I do believe your business is based on promising the world and delivering what you want to deliver or “can deliver” after the final hour leaving customers over a barrel and with no choice but to go with your other option which most of time is another choice of car and to pay more money like I did for a car of less standard then expected and not even any compensation but to have to pay more for the inconvienience and not even get the first time customer offer of a full tank of fuel is bad business which is why everyone should look else where if they want to hire a good reliable vehicle for there special day. Feel free to contact me to discuss these issues if you so wish my hire date was 16/2/18 you should be able to find my details from the date. Joe

• Classic Parade Customer Care's Response, Oct 17, 2018

Hi Joe,

Hope you are off to a great day!

Understood.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are doing our best to improve all-round.

Classic Parade is technically the Largest Supercar Hire Company in the UK as we rank No 1 for the search term (Supercar Hire / Supercar Hire London) and thousands of other relevant search words which gives us over 30, 000 hate per month.

Whilst majority of our customers are happy, we are still trying to fine tune the service to ensure more and more customers are happy with our service and vehicles. It is an ongoing work in progress.

I shall give you a ring to discuss this afternoon.

• Updated by Joe preston, Oct 19, 2018

I wanted to update everyone on here about the complaint I put up ref classic cars. After publishing the complaint on here Andrew replied and said he would call me to discuss my problems that I experienced and he stayed true to his word and called me to discuss my problems and now he can understand from my point of view what my frustration was at the time and upto now with no one calling me to apologize etc. At the end of the day mistakes happen all the time and it’s how that company puts the mistakes right that matters yes the car was different but I did get a car on the day I wanted it and yes it was late but again these things do happen after speaking to Andrew all this was corrected on the phone in a nice polite manner and I find myself now knowing I would use them again in the future. Joe.

Jo
Oct 8, 2018

Comments

• Al
      23rd of Oct, 2018

So I had put down money to rent a Lamborghini Huracan with Classic Parade although I was really excited - I had read alot stuff on Complaints Board which panicked me a little.

Despite the doubt I had after reading all the negative things about Classic Parade - the Lambo arrived on time infact earlier and I had a thoroughly enjoyable 3 day hire over the weekend. After my hire, I received my deposit back with 2 working days and I found Andrew and his dispatch team very pleasant to deal with. I support Caren and the others who have had good service from Classic Parade.

Don't let the others on here bring you down. Classic Parade is a reputable company! See you again soon.

• As
      17th of Dec, 2018

OH dear Oh dear... Joe, don't be duped into hiring a car from that fraudster again.
    Did you get your deposit back? I hope you did because many many people don't.

Please don't be fooled by his lies and promises, many people have been let down because he doesn't own any cars at all, period
    He takes your money and tries to hire a cheaper cat if you are lucky
    Then he runs off with your deposit...

• As