City Bank / fraud/theft

1 Lubbock Morton, TX, United States Review updated:

I hope that no one out there ever has to do any kind of business with City Bank. Where I live that is one of the most common banks but today 8/28/09 City Bank decided to close out my fiancee's bank account without giving him any notice. It is funny the reason that City Bank or it's rep Ken in Morton gave for closing the account that it was a courtsy checking account so the only people that could use the account or deposit money into it are those who are listed on the account. Well the funny thing is that City Bank along with their reps are bold face liars, theives, and the company is a fraud. I was refunded the excessive money from my collge tutition and had it direct deposited into my fiancee's account. Well apparently when this money went in City Bank decided to close his account without notice because I still owe them money which I admit I do owe but I have been making payments when I can even if it is just $5 which proves I am trying to pay off my debt to them. Well again they closed his account and sent my paycheck, my college money, and his check back but not all his check they keep more thant 1/2 of it but he did not owe anything. Additionally the rep Ken and another rep adivised that it was in the fine print that only those who have their names on the courtesy checking account can use it well my fiancee has had the account for 2 years now all my checks have been direct deposited into his account even my huge income tax refund, and I have even gone into the local bank where we live which is in Morton and have signed my check over to my fiancee so that it could be deposited into his account so the whole no one other than the account holder can use the account is a bold face lie because City Bank started having a problem with me when I was not able to make payments but between paying them and having food, shelter, and water for my children well screw City Bank my family is more important. Please anyone stay away from City Bank additionally my best friend is facing problems with them as well she had several small charges she made to her account by way of her debit card the charges posted right away well she had to use her OOPS one day but the bank decided to move the smaller charges and post the large charge which should have been covered by OOPS first so this caused her to have to pay 6 $27 overdraft fees when orginally it only should have been one $27 overdraft fee. Please Beware of City Bank!!!

More City Bank Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ri
      25th of Feb, 2008
    City Bank - I don't have my code to get into the research area. See reciept # 83TooGJD

I don't can't find my access code address for getting into the research area of the program I bought from citibank. Please advise.
    Skooter90

• St
      27th of Aug, 2008
    City Bank - Unauthorized charges
    City Bank
    www.city-bank.com

Charges from Google Money Profit started appearing on my credit card without my having had any contact with this firm. I'm grateful that Citybank's early warning system caught this fraud early on. However, it's a nuisance to have to close one account and open a new one.

• St
      27th of Aug, 2008

Charges from Passport to Fun started appearing on my credit card without my having had any contact with this firm. I'm grateful that Citybank's early warning system caught this fraud early on. However, it's a nuisance to have to close one account and open a new one.

• Ry
      30th of Sep, 2008

There is no way for our company to get your credit card information unless an order is placed using your information. If fraud is perpetrated against you then it is also perpetrated against our company. And we will assist you and law enforcement officials in catching the perpetrator of the fraud.

For customer service you may call 800-710-2564 and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Google Money Profit CD comes with a 7 day free trial to our member’s website. Where we offer one on one live chat assistance and it teaches users how to make money using Google’s AdWords and AdSense Programs. Customers can use these programs to create Google AdWord-based Advertisements and place ads on Google searches using Google AdWords. They can do this either for their own sites or they can use Google AdSense to funnel traffic through their sites to other sites and get paid for the traffic they generate. It also comes with two fast action bonuses first is a 14 day free trial to Grant Master that give our clients access to our Grant Resources website that is normally a $39.95 monthly charge for a reduced charge of $7.95 a month; because you are already a member of another of our programs. This site offers access to one of the largest grant data bases. Where you can find both government and private grantors. It offers information from Dr. Porter who is a licensed and certified grant writer. The information that is offered through our member’s website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost thousands of dollars. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company that offers an online date book that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your cell phone. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at 800-710-2564 and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call us directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
    Customer Service Administrator

• Ol
      18th of May, 2010

Charged us 3 consecutive overdraft fee - We were not didn't notify until a week later.

• Ir
      6th of Aug, 2012
    City Bank - other
    city bank
    United Arab Emirates

i want to contact the person sponcer by bussiness link maketing consultancy
    please response