Citizens Bank — home equity line of credit - pay off error
I was at Citizens Bank, Yonkers Branch on 4/13/2017 to do a closing on my new HE line of credit. This was a refinance with a pay off to Bank of America. I noticed that the pay off amount was incorrect and requested the representative, Matthew Scimeca to contact BOA to get the correct amount. He stated that they will send the indicated amount and any difference I could pay myself. BOA rejected for the reason incorrect pay off amount.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Yonkers, NYI noticed the error after one week and called Citizens to correct. It took more than 3 hrs and several phone calls to find if it was a check or a wire transfer. The rejected funds were held by Citizens back office with no action. It took several phone calls and 10 more days to correct this mistake. Now Citizens is not willing to waive the interest for that 15 days and it will cost me around $155.00 for their mistake. No body knows what they are doing.
More Citizens Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Citizens Bank - auto loan payoff 
- Citizens Bank - overdraft fees 
- Citizens Bank - refusal to close my bank accounts 
- Citizens Bank - citizens bank fees 
- Citizens Bank Hartsville, Tn 37074 - Illegal loans, title insurance & illegal foreclosure 
- Citizens Bank Credit Card Services - balance transfer fees
- Citizens Bank - wrong information
- Citizens Bank - checking account
- Citizens Bank - citizen's bad decision embarrassed me and made a whole team of workers have to wait an additional day to be paid 
- Citizens Bank - customer service is terrible!