Citizens Bankchecking account

I have been a customer for a while now, I made a deposit on Monday afternoon and I was told it would be available by Tuesday 5/23/17.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Newburgh, NY
I got called by the branch manager in Newburgh NY, meadow hills, his name is Brian.
My funds are still not available until 5/31/17.
Strangely enough I called the branch a couple times, I called the customer service number and nobody is willing to verify the other banks funds. Very upset.

• Updated by Smurph65, May 25, 2017

Well, I should have just cashed my moms estate money at the bank that is dealing with the estate funds.
    I was dealing with my mom's estate account before, never any problems.
    I had an opportunity to take the cash out at the other bank which is a federal credit union.
    But live and learn. My next deposit to Citizen bank will be all cash, no matter how much it is. Yes to wait 10 days for a bank to call another bank for verification is a little too much. Thanks for your help.

• Updated by Smurph65, May 26, 2017

Thank you for your advice and understanding. Yes it's frustrating to understand all the banking rules and why they
    Everything is going slower than usual for this particular check.
    I've deposited many checks before but the amounts and the way the checks were printed only took 1 day to clear.
    I have been in contact with customer service and branch manager from Citizen Bank. Yes they are working on the verification of funds. I appreciate that you took the time to help me look at the situation differently. 👍🏼

Sm
May 25, 2017

Comments

•   May 25, 2017

I would be asking myself what is wrong with the check that it is taking so long to verify. Is it a check from a bank you have never done business with before? Is the check an amount larger than you normally deposit? Have you had problems with your account?

• Sm
      May 25, 2017

@Wine Is Good Never had a problem with my account. But I learned now to just cash my moms estate money at the bank where it is held. Then go to citizen bank with a lot of cash.

•   May 26, 2017

@Smurph65 So, it is an estate check of a large amount. That actually makes sense. And no, it would not be better to deposit large amounts of cash at your bank. Over 10 K and you have tons of paperwork to fill out for the IRS. Depositing the checks is better as it gives you a better paper trail. And many banks will not cash large checks unless YOU are the customer for obvious reasons.

• Sm
      May 26, 2017

@Smurph65 Yes I've been in touch with my bank and I appreciate you helping me understand the situation in a different way. All the help is appreciated. 👍🏼