CitiMortgage / absolutely no customer service available!

1 PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-667-8424

Unbeleivably frustrated with CitiMortgage and want to complain...anyone know the federal agency to direct our complaints?
How can we implement a tax exemption award if CitiMortgage (INDIA) refuses to take responsibility and handle our request.

My husband is 100% Disabled Veteran and was qualified by the state of PA and the City and County of Philadelphia for retroactive realestate tax exemption (back to Sept 07), but we can't get the tax department at CitiMortgage to talk with us to reduce the Monthly payment and have our '09 escrow tax refunded. Please advise...

Vi

Comments

• Su
      7th of Nov, 2008

Citimortgage is impossible to deal with. They call constantly but when I call the number back, they hang up. (This happened 7 times in a row one day.) They supposedly did something with my mortgage that was supposed to help me. I had a letter saying what days to pay - they gave the actual dates. Then, later, they said they received a payment one day late and the whole deal was off and I owed all the money at once. I don't really know what's going to happen.

• Ur
      16th of Dec, 2008

If you want to speak to an American CitiMortgage representative, simply ask for one, they have two call centers located in the US.

As far as your husband's tax exemption, you will need something from the taxing authority you're under that shows a dollar amount, indicating zero dollars are due for your next tax installment. Nothing less than a real, true number dollar amount will suffice. Don't send the information to their "tax department", which is a third party tax servicing company called First American. Instead, either mail or fax to their Account Inquiries department, your escrow adjustment and refund check will come much sooner.

• Mc
      29th of Dec, 2008

If they over paid the taxes, you can look for the rebate from the county/city or on next years escrow payment.

• Bm
      9th of Sep, 2010

I have a rent house that we finance through citimortage. We have had the same renter in that house for over three years, always pays on time, which is a miracle if you've ever had to be a landlord. Due to an illness we fell three months behind on our payments, so we chose to do a repayment plan. As part of that citi would send someone every so often to check on the house and take pics to make sure it was maintained. On one of these occasions our renter spotted the agent sent from citimortage and asked her why she was taking pics and she said, "Honey save your rent this house is about to go into foreclosure." Which completely freaked our tenant out, and as much as I have reassured her we are making payments on our plan on time she has decided to move, and not pay in the meantime in order to save her money, which makes it difficult for us to make the payment. I believe the agent violated a privacy law, not to mention false information as we are not behind in our payments and so the property is not in foreclosure. Very unprofessional. I called citimortgage and told this to FIVE different people and basically was told it was an issue between our tenant and myself. I want to make citimortgage and their agent be accountable for their actions, so I have sought legal advice and I'll see how far that gets me.