CitiMortgage / escrow check bounced!

1 OFallon, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-783-8900

I refinanced my home. Abn amro sent my escrow to me in the form of a check on february 10, 2008. I deposited the check into my account and it bounced. Abn amro told me that they were sorry about the mistake but they reissued the check. The check was for 2371.66. The check was not reissued. They have told me several different stories. I have talked to 10 different people. They have not reissued the check. I also incurred $150.00 worth of nsf fees associated with the check bouncing. They will not give me the phone number of a supervisor. They keep telling me that they will call me or to call their customer service number. This is terrible!

Comments

Ma
  16th of Apr, 2008

My mortgage was taken over by Citi Mortgage from Waterfield in Indpls IN. The monthly payment is deducted from my Key Bank account in only my name (Mary C. Gentry). It has always been listed this way. Somehow when Citi Mortgage took the account from Waterfield, my former husband"s name (Moore) is now on my account. I have been divorced since 1996, and now I am supposed to do all the work to get this removed. It never was listed in the Moore name. Why should I need to get all the paperwork to remove this mistake? Why are they taking the payments from the account that is mine Gentry and crediting Gentry-Moore?