Citifinancial Auto / Scam and fraud!

1 Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:

I purchased a vehicle with a Citifinancial Auto loan. After owning the used vehicle for over five years only $11,000.00 has been applied to the principle. Purchase price $30,000... In 2008, I owe $21,000.00. Never mind the fact that I was affected by Hurricane Katrina.

Va

Comments

Ni
  23rd of Sep, 2008

Honestly, everything that had taken place, you had agreed to when signing the contract!

Jo
  8th of Oct, 2008

This is a company that has no problem making a customer literally pay money for their mistakes. I had been told they were charging me additionally because somehow they were informed I had had a lapse in my insurance coverage. I knew this to be false. I arranged for proof of continuous coverage to be provided by the insurance carrier. No problem. CFA accepted the proof. Then, because I refused to pay the erroneous extra charges and continued to send in only my regular payment, my account went into arrears and, yes, they took the car. Under no circumstances could I get my car unless I paid the repo fee, storage fees. Do yourself a favor and buy a horse. These people are absolutely miserable to deal with. Off to court we go. It's time for a class action suit, ...looks like.

Cw
  5th of Aug, 2009

Yes they did it to me as well...It's a scam...they make a mistake and push it on the people to have to clear it up. Hopeing you won't

Et
  24th of Jun, 2010

I understand you sign a contract. Yet they tack on fees for unnecessary hardships. Why will you turn hardships into money? That is sad, so they will offset a payment of $420 for 1 month. Well my contract is up after 6 years if I want to keep my car I have to now pay $5, 298 for late fee and interest. I figured I payed $31, 000 for a $15, 000 vehicle at %15 interest. How is this to economically help you? With the downfall of the economy they will stick to their guns and scam you for all you are worth. What is worse, there is nothing you can do.

Br
  7th of Dec, 2010

well how do I contact somebody for help this company is a straight scam!!