Menu

complaints

Global Lending Services Complaints Summary

2 Resolved
17 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Global Lending Services's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Global Lending Services has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Global Lending Services. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Global Lending Services complaints 19

Sort by:

Newest Global Lending Services complaints

4:12 am EST

Global Lending Services Lender auto loan

They work with deslerships and while they try to make themselves hidden in the predatory lending, they are very much in front line causing consumers like myself unbelievable stress, credit ruin, embarrassment, money loss, and when questioned will sell off, until they later claim stopped doing in 2022. Your personal info to a credit union as in my case, offering better monthly payments and screwing me over twice.

I hadn't noticed that 2 days before the switch and payoff from the new to the old gls had me pay from my account with the new credit union, 421.70. But it was not credited nor deducted fro. My account.

Claimed loss: 31,000+10,000=51,000

Desired outcome: To sue.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Global Lending Services representatives only. If you are affiliated with Global Lending Services, please claim your business to access these details.

9:20 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Called to ask for 1. The Complete and signed contract 2An itemized breakdown of what they claim I owe 2. Provide me with copies of any documents, ledgers, spreadsheets, etc., that shows that I agreed to pay the amount they claim I owe 3. Identify the original creditor 4. Identify and accurately describe any third-party costs for which you are charging...

10:22 pm EDT

Global Lending Services Customer service and over charged

Being charged late fees when I'm not late. Customer service gets quite when I try to explain why I'm not late. Being. Charged over two hundred dollars when I am a day or two late. Not getting credited for the amount of money ido pay. Also saying I paid on days that I paid on time they said I didn't. Once they missed placed my money order and charged me the late fees for global lending services miss placing it.

Desired outcome: My over payments returned to me. Or credited to my account with interest .Stop being over charged when I'm not late

Hide full review

Is Global Lending Services legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Global Lending Services as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 10% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Global Lending Services stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Global Lending Services should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Global Lending Services earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Global Lending Services achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

A long registered date for glsauto.com can be seen as a positive aspect for Global Lending Services as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of Global Lending Services's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Glsauto.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Global Lending Services website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Glsauto.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Global Lending Services and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Global Lending Services has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 10% of 19 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
2:33 pm EDT

Global Lending Services Honor my 700 dollars I paid to have my dur date changed so i'm not behind on my payments

I was able to get a loan through global lending services at a local car dealership, so far had the loan about 2 yrs. It's a simple interest rate, they called me saying that I would be receiving a welcome packet with all information about the loan and to this day I haven't received anything. I was told at the dealership that global lending would need additional 700 to move my due date to the 3rd when I got paid and I've been arguing with them every month for them to honor what they said about the 700 extra and still will not change the due date. They are the worst to go through for a car loan. And very high interest rate and they repo the car and sell it for the same amount you paid for it they also know with high interest rate bigger chance of taking the csr from you. Do not go through global lending. I also have not seen any documentation signed by their office about the loan just the car dealership

Desired outcome: this was the reason I wanted them changed in the first place

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Global Lending Services The date of the transaction: April 17 -February 28, 2022 The amount of money paid the business: $22,328 What the business committed to

The date of the transaction: April 17 -February 28, 2022 The amount of money paid the business: $22,328 What the business committed to provide: Fix rate auto financing for 66 months. What is the nature of the dispute: misrepresentation of the balance owed and last day of payment. I request the date my car will be paid off. I was told October. I made my last payment October 25. I received a call November 6 that my loan is in default in the amount of 4152.60. I explained that I made my last payment on October 25 which several representatives assured that my last day of obligation is October and I cannot afford to pay more. I told that my car could be repossessed if I do not pay. The rep at GLS acknowledge that I was told the date in October , the information provided is incorrect information and I am obligated to pay this amount or have my car repo. I sent a letter to GLS on December 3 seeking help with the error that they have caused and the impact it will have on my credit. I did not get a response. I received another call from GLS and she confirmed the letter was receive and only offered an apology for the misinformation. She also offered 6 months to pay off the debt and have all late reporting removed or my car will be repo and damaging to my credit. GLS rep asked if I could pay anything to stop further action on my account. I made a $100.00 payment on December 11. I received a call on December 30 that I had 2 months to pay off the loan. I requested the information in writing because I continue to get mixed information about my account and has forced me into a bad predicament. I am refused to receive the info. in writing. Sent a letter that I need the last day I have to pay in full in writing. Made a payment of $200 January 1, 2022 and $308 on Jan 21, 2022. No response to letter. Made payment of $360 on February 24 and of February 28th my account was charged off and closed. Account number:

Read full review of Global Lending Services and 5 comments
5 comments
Guthrie73
, US
Feb 08, 2024 8:13 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My daughter was in an accident and was working with the insurance company to get her car fixed. We went to pick the car up from the impound lot and they said that the lien holder had picked it up, so now the insurance cannot evaluate the damage to pay the claim, I have tried at least 6 times to call the customer service and they just do not answer the phone. If they think that she is paying for a car that was wrecked and screwed her out of insurance paying for the claim, by trying to make her pay the total amount I will be contacting a lawyer about this, very unhappy not a good way to conduct business in my opinion.

C. Lubowitz
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In September GLS cancelled my loan then restarted in December. When they cancelled my loan it wiped the auto payment function which resulted in missed payments. At the time i was deployed onboard a vessel with the US Navy. GLS never made an attempt to contact me. Upon return they repossessed my car with no court order which is in violation of the SCRA.

L. Lesch
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

As recorded via 3 phone calls with Global August 2022, November 2022 and December 2022. Global failed to assist with payment arrangement/deferment in August. As required I called prior to next due date, was not late on any previous payment. I have since been granted the deferment but the credit report still shows past due. I'm a homeless disable veteran and can not get approved for housing with these derogatory inaccurate reporting. Required removal of past due for September and October Immediately.

F
F
F. Morissette
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had called on November 14 2022 between 1:30-2pm to ask for payment deferment, I spoke to a male and explained that had covid and if was possible to defer my november payment he had put me on hold for few mins came back said I was all set. On Dec 16th I received a call saying I'm behind now, I explained to them how called Nov 14th between 130-2pm spoke to male was on phone approx 10 min with him, he said has nothing documented in notes, told him what number I had called. I've never been late with this car payment or last car payments. I called my phone company to see how pull up 800 numbers they have no way. Know when call gls says calls are recorded so I want them to pull up recording after they hear the call I want all interest removed for time period of them saying was late and to honor that deferment that I asked for. I have company that automatically takes out the payment every 2 weeks I had called and asked lady how go about that with autopay coming out then called gls after that called smart pay back after talked to that guy.

R. Kozey
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They declined all of our payments when we made them on time, never told us they declined our car payments, stole our car in the middle of the night and ruined our tires. They lost or lied about the location of our car and we had to track down and find out where our car was on our own. They have tried to make it impossible for us to get our car back. They are leaving us with the responsibility of getting our car back that is 4 hours away when they shipped it out on the 14th of December prior to our agreement to get it back by the 18th of December. We are now left with no option but to tow it at our expense and pay to get a letter notarized for release to a towing company because the towing company they hired to repossess it has ruined 2 of our tires and popped one. All this after we paid the agreed upon amount to get it back.

B
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Global Lending Services I have a auto loan through Global Lending services and due to Covid I fell a month behind on my payment

I have a auto loan through Global Lending services and due to Covid I fell a month behind on my payment. I contacted GLS early March 2022 to inquire about a possible deferment of a payment which woukd have me caught up and current. The representative informed me that I needed to make one. More payment and I would be eligible for a deferment. On March 23rd I made a payment for for 600.00 which was one full payment. The next day on the 24th I received a call from gls requesting a payment. I informed the representative I just made a payment the previous day and that would make me eligible for a deferment. After checks her records she acknowledged the payment I made and verified that I was now eligible for deferment. She gave me verbal instructions on how to proceed. She said she was putting the paperwork in the system and by end of business day I will receive the deferment contract in my email. She stated I just needed to download the agreement and I could fill and sign online and email the doc back within 10 days. I did what I was instructed and emailed the doc back the the email provided which was ***@glsllc.com on March 30 2022. I did not hear anything back and according to the contract my next payment was to be due on April 20th 2022 and I would be caught up. On April 9th I received a call from gls saying I was 45 days past due and was requesting payment. I explained to the rep regarding the deferment and I was told that it didn't get processed because I was supposed to print out the doc, sign it then take a pic of the doc and email it back. I explained that I did exactly what I was instructed to do by the previous rep. I was told that I would have to make another payment in order to get the ext now. The ext. I was approved for was a 2 month ext. that woukd bring me completely current. This rep said I needed to make a payment and woolf onky be approved for a 1 month ext. I requested to speak to the previous rep but she would not give me her name or transfer

H
H
H. Dach
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On August I got word from my doctor that I needed surgery. I got surgery late September and I contact GLOBAL LENDING, the company that finances my car, to explain the situation and that I couldn't be able to work my normal hours and was not going to be able to make the payments on my loan for the next few months and see if I could have an extension on my payments. The agent on a recorded line, was very clear and told me that he was sorry to hear about my situation and that I could just pay the extra interest on my loan and I shouldn't have any problems and that he would leave a note in my file about the situation. I continued to receive calls from the company and I explained to at least 3 more agents the situation, and they told me they could see the note, and nothing more was said. Then on November not even after 2 payments, I received a letter saying that if I didn't pay the full amount plus interest by the 10th of that month, my car would be repossessed. Now I received the info that they are going to repossess my car, and after all this months one of the agents apologized that this previous agents gave me wrong information, and that I needed to meet some qualifications for an extension. By this time it was already too late, so I offered to surrender the car voluntarily but they have ruined my credit all because their agents gave me wrong information. the only thing they can do for me is apparently say sorry. All of this calls are being recorded so there's prove that they told me all of this. I've looked online and realized that I'm not the first and certainly not the last this company does this. I don't have any problems with them repossessing the vehicle but I don't want my credit to be ruined because their untrained agents don't give the correct information to their costumers.

A. Padberg
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have had this account for 2 years and made about 8,611 dollars in payments but my account has only reduced 2000 which doesn't seem to add up. I had to get an extension once during covid and my account was up to date. When the next month's payment was due I was told that my account was past due by 800 dollars and my monthly payment is 358.80. Today I tried to have a name removed from the account and was told they do not do that. When I asked why and for documentation of where this is said in the agreement I was denied saying that I just need to have another bank take over my loan if I wanted to refinance. I have tried to work with these people and try to understand but I feel like I am being dragged through the mud for them to get more money out of me. I feel like this loan will never be paid off. I started off with a 16,000 dollar loan, paid a little over 8,000 which is half and my loan is paid off only 15%. I know it wouldn't be 50% at this point but only 15% is a hard pill to swallow after 2 years and over 8,000 dollars gone.

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Global Lending Services I purchased a vehicle using Global Lending Services back in 2019

I purchased a vehicle using Global Lending Services back in 2019. Generally have not had any problems until recently with them. My mother passed away a few months ago and this made me have to take unpaid time off work to care for my dad which inevitably caused me to fall past due on payments. I was upfront with the representative and worked out a plan with her as she said the vehicle was up for reposession. I had paid a partial payment the past month and made the remaining part of that partial payment in the end of July. I let her know I would pay again on Aug. 12th. She said as long as I made a full payment on the 12th of Aug. it would not go back up for reposession. On Aug. 12th a very nice representative gave me a call and collected 1 full payment. I let her know that I plan to make a partial payment every Friday until it is caught up. She said as long as another full payment is paid by the 12th of Sept. that it would not be placed on reposession. On Aug. 15th, just 3 days after I made a payment I received a call from another representative. He was very rude and condesending. I ask that he read the notes on my account as it is difficult for me to recount my situation. He then continued to talk and smart off that my account is 4 months past due, which is not true I made a payment ON the due date which prevented it from going another month past due. When I pointed this out he acted like he couldnt hear me and hung up. Aug. 17th i got another call, could have been the same rep but not sure as he did not give his name either time he called. He acted the same way and also tried to say my car was 4 months past due and would be reposessed. I told him to read the notes and stop calling as he is causing unnecessary stress in a bad situation. He continued to talk, saying I was 4 months past due, hung up on me when I pointed out it was not true and informed him my call from the 12th of Aug was recorded. I am considering getting an attorney as this had turned to harassment.

G. Predovic
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I currently have a car loan through GLS. I lost my job early this year due to budget cuts and have recently started working again. I received an e-mail from Levi W, who identified himself as a manager at GLS, on 10/07/22 offering me an extension on my car loan for the month of November. As this would allow me to get the loan caught up, I promptly replied to Mr. W' e-mail in less than 24 hours and requested the extension. I never received a reply to the e-mail. I then reached out to GLS on 10/12/22 to ask about the extension and the woman that I spoke with advised me that I needed to pay $278 before the extension could be processed. I scheduled the payment for 10/14/22 through the GLS website and she stated that when she began her shift at noon on 10/14/22, she would verify that the payment had processed and submit the extension requested. I advised her that I was available by phone from noon to 1:00 due to restrictions on having my cell phone at work due to HIPPA. She advised me that she understood and would take care of the extension. I advised her of the dates and amounts of the payments that I planned to make to catch the account up, notably a payment for half the amount due on 11/18/22. She advised me that she would notate the account and the arrangement would be sufficient. My car was then repossessed on 11/13/22. When I reached out to GLS on 11/14/22, I was advised that neither of the previous representatives that I spoke with had entered the payment arrangement and there was a form that I needed to complete - which was not mentioned to me. I immediately scheduled a payment for 11/18/22 for the amount due to reinstate the loan, but GLS is refusing to release the repossession so that I can retrieve the vehicle until the payment is processed. GLS has fully admitted that their representatives are at complete fault for this situation but refuses to assist me.

J. Durgan
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am not liabale debt with global lending services and do not have a contract. They do not provide me with the original application.

Replied
Global Lending Services has left an official reply on this complaint.

Global Lending Services I purchase vehicle 2017 Nissan Rogue from ***, Nevada 89104 phone account *** Yes, I will admit I

I purchase vehicle 2017 Nissan Rogue from ***, Nevada 89104 phone account *** Yes, I will admit I started had a card on file with them, and the payment wasn't received, so therefore after forty-day, they contact me about the debt that hasn't gotten paid, but I still fell behind. I caught up again I'm behind now as we speak I am trying my best to afford the payment wish I can when I'm able I give the loan company five and six hundred extra. I have the rudest people calling my phone one was the manager in charge of my case, and he said " you always behind never catch up" who speak to someone in the manner people call my phone ask for the different name I keep telling the lady me correct name the call me four are five times a day. Just Rude unprofessional. I like the dirty vehicle that I received, and that was missing a seat belt when I asked for the car to get cleaned the gentleman that assisted me said " The gentleman told that he would have to clean the sunroof by hand see picture attached. This car wasn't a clean 2020 vehicle that should have a Carnot of $475.13 now as of may my pay off is $17,772.73 may they do half that pay off and lower my car payment please and thank you. There not one was concerned about the pandemic; they called for there amount every month. I could have furloughed from work, especially in march my son was around someone with COVID 19 proof *** Hospital. I'm frontline want the harassment to stop. I'm paying late, but you are getting paid and EXTRA, but you keep calling disrespectful, sending it to my credit report give me a break. You're making me depressed, and I might tell you, please get the dirty car you didn't clean lose my job because *** agency keeps calling for *** $ 475.13; please give me a break. *** is doing the best we can. Someone, please help me speak to these people. I stressing every day, driving this car working hard; they even place me in collection for $65 are a hundred dollars passed due. Thank You

A. Quigley
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My vehicle was charged off. My payments was set at $376.05. I continued to make payments of $200.00 monthly. On 10/25/2022, My car was reposed by Global Lending Service. I was quoted from Global Lending Services that I would need to pay $5976.36 with an additional $90.00 for POA form as well as $35.00 per day for storage fee $75.00 redemption fee $25.00 admin fee. I was going by what was being reported on my credit report. My credit report showed a balance of $2738.00. I called back to get a breakdown of the remaining balance. I spoke with Gabriella at Ext. ***. At this time I was informed that a supervisor went over my account and that I was quoted the wrong amount. Gabriella quoted that I needed to pay $3438.42 plus the additional $90.00 for POA form as well as $35.00 per day for storage fee $75.00 redemption fee $25.00 admin fee. I paid $3438.42 on 10/26/22 with an addition to $230.00 on10/27/22 from Vehicle Redemption with *** Recovery. I recovered my vehicle on 10/27/22 at 1:30 p.m. I received notice on 10/27/22 via mail that my car was paid in full. I noticed that GLS reported me paying $2453.00 of the $2738.00 with a remaining balance of $285.00 remaining due. I called to inquire. They advised they will call back by Wednesday 11/9/22. I spoke with a manager that advised that I was advised again of the wrong price. I will need to pay the $285.00 or I will not receive my title. He was very rude. At this point GLS could possible owe me. GLS refused to listen to the recorded calls. I should not have to pay anything. I should receive a refund, an apology, and my title. This caused stress, and time from work. GLS should have qualified employees that are able to perform their jobs without reporting and stating inaccurate information.

M. Schmidt
, DE

The customer service is atrocious. My car was repossessed on October 23rd, '22. I called and began the reclamation process on Oct 24th. I made the full payment on Oct 28th. That same day they sent my car to an "over-flow/auction lot" at the opposite end of the state. Every time I call to speak with someone I get a different version of "that's not my job, i can't help you, you need to call XYZ" which then starts the process all over. I have called every other day since Oct 28th (it is now Nov 8th) and they STILL have not given the overflow lot the correct paperwork proving that I can now collect MY vehicle. And now I have to pay all of the fees associated with how long my car has sat at another lot, towing fees, and to have another key cut because I was prevented from gaining access to my car because of Global Lending Services lazy, and obstructive practices. I paid my reposession balance off in full within 5 days of notice. It is now 11 dys since payment and the correct paperwork STILL HAS NOT BEEN SENT, after I was assured they would recieve it within 20-30 MINUTES. I am still without a car, and absolutely furious with this process. Without a doubt, GLobal Lending Services is the worst lending company I've ever encountered.

Global Lending Services I have a loan with Global Lending Services

I have a loan with Global Lending Services. Last year has been difficult due to medical reason, Corvid 19, etc. My car note has been late due to hardship and living off worker comp. I pay what I can due to the way worker comp pay me, and then when Corvid 19 affected everyone that delayed my W/C weekly payment. I called to see if the payment can be deferred? She stated no that I need to make 2 full payments. I get a call on 2/10 from Cindy who stated that my account was in repossession and that she is the person I need to speak with. I was a doctor's appointment so I asked her if she calls me back? I could call back. She stated that I need to verify information I explained again that I was out, nothing hasn't changed and that I couldn't give me information. Cindy tones changed and I got off the call. Because I understood where she was trying to take me. I get a call 2/11 at 4:39pm and she opens the call with asking for me, this is Cindy with Global and this call is to collect a debt. I told her that it was me and she tried to verify information and I told her that I couldn't and nothing has changed, everything is the same. She raise her voice and I say I can give you the email but I need you to verify address. I told her I couldn't. And she said you refuse to give me the information. I stated to her nothing hasn't changed and she raised her voice as if I'm her child and I asked for a Supervisor and she said no. So I stated you refuse to transfer me to a Supervisor. Cindy stated that the supervisor didn't want to talk. She say why you answered the phone if you didn't want to talk. I told her because it is my phone and I pay the bill. I express to her that she is nasty and rude. And I ask her to not call me anymore and that I would submit a letter to Complaintsboard.com. She is so unprofessional and I would ask that they pull the phone call and I would send a letter to the owner. I know I owe my bill and I'm working all obligations to bring my account current. After viewing my account I see a lot of hidden fees. All these extra fees and late fees. At the end of the day it is a way to talk to anyone, Everybody is going thru things and every customer deserve respect.

Global Lending Services I started having issues when I purchased the car

I started having issues when I purchased the car. They are a lending company for re-building credit. I purchased the car and they had all kinds of damage to the car and Global Lending still funded the loan when I specifically told them that there was over 8000,.00 of damage. I still paid my car payments in 2019. Covid hit and I was promised 2 skip a payments due to being impacted and that took loops to jump through and every time I call them they kept telling me I owed for more months, I had been told by them I owed for months all the way back to September. So I was told that a manger would call back when I realized they charged off my account in January this month. I have had reduced pay due to covid and 16 family members including my son and 2 deaths. I work for *** that would not allow me to be at work due to being exposed and have had to quarantine several times this year. Due to the fact that all these reps were giving me incorrect information I was not about to keep payment a car payment when they said I owed from September which was not true. Now I am being asked to pay for over 3000.00 to take it off of being charged off and had a manager they will not work with me and won't let me talk to anyone higher. I been hung up on and not called back. I need them to provide me reasonable option and possible waive my fees and just allow me to pay fro the few months I owe for. Everytime I get on the phone with them they can't tell me how many months I owe for. They said in January I was 120 past due and that is not possible since my last payment was in November. I owe for 3 months and then also for March. They are just asking me to have the car repossessed and go get another car knowing that would be impossible due to this being charged off and it has impacted my credit. They are impossible to reach and then when you do they are inconsistent with their information and Ashley who was my account manager was so nasty with me and didn't even tell me that I had the option to re-instate it. She initially would not even let me speak to her supervisor. This would not be profitable for them because the car has no value but I dont want this to continue to reflect on my credit.

T

Global Lending Services This company has a problem with harassment

This company has a problem with harassment. Unfortunately due to hardships I have fallen behind a few times, though never more than two months late. Every single time, GLS has called me at least once a day (sometimes even twice a day!) to either embarrass and guilt me over my nonpayment if I answer, or to leave incessant messages if I don't. This happens even if I set up an exact date for payment, such as when I know exactly when my paycheck is coming. The latest round of harassment comes as I've just picked up a new job after the shutdowns. They had no interest in working with me. I told them that I was looking for a job, and they asked me questions about when I got my stimulus check, how I spent my stimulus check (PAYING THEM AND OTHER BILLS) and how I expect to survive the shutdown. They offered no compassion at all, and when I asked what programs they had in place to help those impacted by covid, the agent had no response to give. Even so, I told the agent then that I'd have a payment around June 22. Since then, they have continued to call me daily, and today they even called my partner, who is my reference. I cannot understand why they would continue to call, and even reach out to my references, when they have a definitive date to expect the payment. If July 1 arrived with no payment (my next payment is due June 30) I would understand receiving a call. But this is simply harassment. When I called to find out what the problem was just now, they had no explanation for me. They offered to file a cease and desist to stop the phone calls (an extreme solution, but apparently the only way to stop them calling me or my people), but told me I needed to write them a latter for that to happen. I have too much on my plate already to deal with faxing or even emailing them whatever statement they want from me, for an excessive solution at that, when they could simply stop calling me. Additionally, they insist on using an incorrect name for me, even when they have my preferred name on file, which tells me that the misnaming is intentional. The psychological and emotional abuse is uncalled for, and their inability to show compassion with such outstanding worldwide conditions, much less set up remedies for those customers affected by it, is jaw-droppingly bad business. They should be both ashamed and penalized for this behavior.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Global Lending Services Wednesday, February 25, my vehicle was repossessed by Global Lending Corporation

Wednesday, February 25, my vehicle was repossessed by Global Lending Corporation. This vehicle was paid in full. The only thing I owed on this vehicle was fees. I haven't missed a car payment in over 2 years until January . Once Global Lending opened after the repossession, I contacted a representative from their office. They told me to get my car back I would have to pay over $8,000. I then asked them to provide me with the total amount I owed in writing so I could provide it to my financial institution to pay any all all remaining balances to have my vehicle returned and the account paid in full. I was told to call back in an hour, which I did. Then I was told to call back in two hours, which I did. Then I was told to call back again later. This went on several times. The last person I spoke with told me to call back for the manager Shaka M who would provide me with a letter with the amount needed to pay the account off and have my vehicle returned. When I called back for Ms. M, they told me they didn't know who she was. I called back again to speak with another Global Lending representative with my banking representative on the line . My banking representatives advised them that she needed to have the amount owed in writing so she could wire the full amount due plus fees so I could pay the vehicle off and have it returned to me. The representative refused to provide wiring information, as well as the total amount due in writing to resolve this matter. Every person that I've spoken to has been uncooperative. I called the day my car was repossessed to try to make payment in full and it was refused. I am coming up on a week since the vehicle was repossessed and am worried I will lose my vehicle. Especially with only fees left to pay. I did not miss any payments in 2 years even though I was not working since March . January was the the only payment that I missed. I do not understand why they would not allow me to pay everything owed on the account to receive my vehicle back and close my account with them. My banking institution can't pay the account off without the amount due in writing, which should be understandable to any business. To date, I still have not received any letter from Global Lending with the amount due to recover my vehicle, nor a phone call from a representative. Their actions are leading me to believe they don't want me to pay my account off and receive my vehicle back. Repossession fees are continuing to accrue daily, when everything could have been paid off several days ago.

Read full review of Global Lending Services and 1 comment
1 comment
Chef Anthony Stephens
, US
Dec 04, 2023 12:36 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Revoke their security interest in the vehicle.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Global Lending Services I made my first payment on my 2013 Traverse on 3/10 in the amount of $425.00

I made my first payment on my 2013 Traverse on 3/10 in the amount of $425.00. My min. due was $403, and wasn't due to be paid until 03/19. So as to continue to stay on top of my account, I logged in, in the final week of March and noticed I wasn't showing to be due till 5/19. So I called and asked about this and I assumed it was related to Covid 19, or that since I overpaid and done so early that I was receiving a credit(s). So I called and I was told that I had already paid and was actually had a money credit on my account that I could use for my June bill. I called again on or about April 1st just to make sure things were ok with the account. I was told again everything was fine, and I overpaid and was current. It wasn't until April 30 at approx 10:03am I receive a call that I'm past due from Global Lending Service automated system. So I call back at about 11:50am to find out what's going on, and while talking to the rep she stated that I was past due. So I had a bill that I had saved as a snapshot, as well as a physical bill from Glls, and she couldn't figure out why I'm part due. So I emailed her my bill, and she took a while in trying to figure this all out. It became so difficult, I had to be transferred, to a supervisor, who then in turn was just having a harder time trying to figure my account out. Anyway, after being on hold for 2hrs and 23min, I'm told by her that one of the reps accidentally at some point applied another customer's payment on top of mine. So I told her that we are at the end of the month, and yall are just now telling me about this. I told her I have another note coming soon, which I was prepared for, and this was going to make it hard now to double pay. She claims all she can do is give me, and read me the rules of deferment for April. I didn't and dont feel this was right behind a mistake that was made at no fault if my own because interest accrues more for deferments. She said she would email it to me, and that I could just think about it. Although, I want my account cleared up, I dont think I should have to pay for the company's mistake especially during the COVID 19 Pandemic. I asked were there any other options? She claimed no. She would email me the deferment form, and if I agreed, she would expect it to be returned. During her reading of the credentials of deferment, we were mysteriously, disconnected I called back immediately, got another rep, who finished reading, what the supervisor had started, however, I never got the deferment email, nor should I have to worry about it due to Glls error.

V
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Global Lending Services I bought a Jeep in November after being hit by an intoxicated driver on Halloween night

I bought a Jeep in November after being hit by an intoxicated driver on Halloween night. On November 25th, Global Lending Service and I finalized the underwriting on the vehicle where both parties agreed my first car payment would be mid January . Beginning of January I received a bill in the mail for two months and my car was already in collections. Although that was not the legal binding agreement made. Global Lending apologized and said they would fix it immediately if I just make a payment. So I did and was told it would be fixed in the next few days and I would receive a phone call when it was fixed. I continued getting harrassed as my car never came out of collections and the issue was never fixed. This continued until my next scheduled payment for mid February. I refused to make a payment until I could speak with a manager in which I did finally speak to ***. Getting someone to transfer me to a manager was more painful then having teeth pulled and extremely time consuming process that literally took hours and several representatives before speaking to ***. *** ensured me the issue would be fixed but once again I had to make a payment FIRST. I stupidly believed her and once again made my February payment. The harassing phone calls stopped and I thought the issue was fixed and resolved. I was told by several representatives it was fixed and it showed my January and February payment as being on time with no December payment ever due. That unfortunately lasted less than 2 weeks before I was receiving the harassing phone calls and being told my account once again is past due. How could it possibly be late at the beginning of March when it's not due until the middle of the month? Oh someone at Global Lending Services took it upon themselves to change my payment due date to March 1st. Not one single person ever notified me with that change. I received no written notice of any kind and nor did I request or approve my payment due date to be changed. It was explicitly expressed to *** that moving my payment date was not an option and I choose my payment date for mid month for a reason. Mortgage is due on the 1st of every month and I can't pay 500+ dollar car payment on the same day. Never will be able to and I refuse to pay the car payment while being late every month for the next 6 years. That's just stupid and hurts myself and Global Lending Services. I spoke with *** here in Greenville SC, from Global Lending Services yesterday and he tried to help (side note: *** was awesome. Need more representatives like him.) Unfortunately, he could not help either as his manager is requesting...wait for it. Spoiler alert, I must make a payment before they can fix the issue. That sounds awful familiar and the same bs I've heard since January. I have called Global Lending Services several times a week and every single week in January through mid February trying to get this issue resolved. I even offered in February to make 2 payments if neccessary. All I asked in return was to please fix the issue. Global Lending Services absolutely refuses to fix the issue and just playing games.

Replied
Global Lending Services has left an official reply on this complaint.

Global Lending Services my job was impacted by the virus it was shut and i was on unemployment briefly this was during May ?

my job was impacted by the virus it was shut and i was on unemployment briefly this was during May ?June, i immediately requested an extension on my car loan, prior to this event i was always on time, 100 percent with payments and even paid extra payments sometimes i was told by a customer svc agent on the phone that the extension was indeed "granted", but then the very next month they presented me with a bill for over twice my monthly amount? i called them they said they said they would need to collect payment first, then they could help me i paid them , but i believe this practice is fraudulent, unethical. , unfair etc.. still no extension was granted i called them again they informed me that the email they sent me and asked me to sign and send back was not adequate since they do not accept electronic signatures in these matters.. so i asked if they would please send me something in the physical mail rather than electronically? they said they would but it never arrived. so i called again, this time i was told the will not send something in the mail because it takes 5-7 business days to get it to me and most people can not reply in time to meet the 10 day deadline for loan extension approval. i argues that id be glad to over night it, email a copy or fax it immediately but nothing ever cam by email or mail, except bills which to continue to over charge me so i called again, they told me they were reporting me late, and charging me late fees, and sent me letters threatening to repossess my car. The predatory lending practice that allows them to finance what is now a $10,000 car loan for a car that might be worth $8000 if im lucky, at almost 16% is unfair to begin with, but that they have not honored a simple request for a reasonable extension is beyond unfair, now late august they present me with another bill for well over twice my monthly payment they want $631.92 tomorrow, then in a couple weeks they want Septembers payment for $317 so i will have paid late fees of $48 plus $948 in one month... this is not what i agreed to, this is not what they agreed to, this is not how they said they would handle a loan extension... in fact no deferral of payment has taken place, they just keep asking for more money and when i do get someone on the phone they are very understanding and apologize twice ive had someone say they will reinitiate the request for a "new" extension? it never happens though? they never did honor it in the first place, they offer a website where i requested help setting it up every time ive spoke with them dating back to may/June so i could use their online auto pay method and NEVER be late, and no one has helped me yet with this simple request? i spoke to the collections dept and customer svc dept today 09/07 and was told they would email me a request for an extension and exactly how i should handle it... but no such email arrived , i doubt it ever will, and they are reporting me late on my credit report due to their error, and they are charging me late fees due to their error ands they are sending threatening letters threatening repossessions and other actions to collect on my loan "default" ? id always paid on time, even extra !

L

Global Lending Services I paid past due, late fees, January , and February payments on 1/15 for a total of around $1,500

I paid past due, late fees, January , and February payments on 1/15 for a total of around $1,500. I was told by customer service that I would not receive any phone calls because my next payment is not due until March 15. On 1/18 I received 4-5 calls from the collections department. I was hung up on and even told I owed $800. I told them that I made the payment on Friday and paid all fees. I was told that I would not receive any more calls. Then on 1/19, I received a phone call that I couldn't answer. So I called the number back and sure enough it was Global Lending. The recording said that I owed $899 as it was past due so I got to a live person. I was told "That amount is wrong because it is $1,038 that is due. Would you like to pay that now?" I said no and explained that it had been paid. The collections representative said I need to talk to customer service about this matter and transferred me. Customer service couldn't figure out why I was being called as it was paid in full. Then she found that it was in the billing system as paid but not in the payment system so she was notifying accounting to get this done. About an hour later I got another phone call again from collections. Once again I was asked if I would like to pay $1,038 to bring the account current. After explaining again that it had been paid this female told me "Your car is up for repossession." I said "Send the repo man because I will serve him and Global Lending and anybody representing them a no trespass warrant because the bill is paid." She said "If you don't want it repossessed then you need to pay $1,038 today." Again I asked to be transferred to customer service. I was told again that I shouldn't have been called. I told this lady what was said to me about repossessing my car and she said repossession doesn't happen until 90 days past due. I also explained how I called to report the unexpected death of my wife in December and was told that my payment would be put on hold until I could get everything figure out and death certificate submitted. As a result I had a 30 day late tag placed on my credit report. I told her I bet I would get another call. Sure enough about an hour later another call from collections. This individual found the payment and said I shouldn't be called anymore and apologized for getting the call. I told him that I bet I get another call which he assured me I would not. About 20 minutes later, you guess it, I got another call. I refused to give them any information and to be transferred to customer service. Once at customer service I asked to be transferred to management. I spoke with Christy who was very nice and said I shouldn't be called because it was all paid at 5:36pm on 1/15. I informed her that in Indiana that if a bill is in collection that once the individual is spoken to over the phone and it is verified that they were spoken to that no more calls can be placed to that person until the next day if the bill wasn't paid. She asked me for the number that was calling me and to screenshot the call log and email to her. She also said I would not receive another call about this account. About 2 hours later, yep you guessed it, I get another call from the collections team. I didn't answer the call on purpose because had I answered the call I would not have been nice about it.

3:11 pm EDT

Global Lending Services Bill adjustments

I have an account with Global Lending Services account #[protected]. I have been told on several occasions that the fees will not create a problem with my account. The statement was untrue. The fees have come up even on my statements. My balance should've been $1,003.00. They also tried to run a payment multiple times creating other fees on my account. I ended up taking care of the payment but they refuse to remove the fees and the organization representatives keep overshadowing the calls. Per FDCPA they have committed violations and they have violated the CFPB. I really do need them to adjust the balance on my account to reflect $1,003 in their system ad on paper before I pay anything else on the account. Until the account balance is fixed they shouldn't be able to repo my car.

Please help me get the bill adjusted.

Desired outcome: Bill adjusted to reflect the correct amount of $1,003.00

10:13 am EDT

Global Lending Services Unfair debt collection practices

The company called my relatives after not speaking to me for one day. The FDCPA states that "Any debt collector communicating with any person other than the consumer to acquire location information about the consumer shall — (1) identify himself, state that he is confirming or correcting location information concerning the consumer, and, only if expressly requested, identify his employer;

(2) not state that such consumer owes any debt; They keep trying to collect a repossession fee after the automobile is out of repossession.

Before the 15th, the balance was $1003.87, and it states that even when I call in. Today the balance due is over $2,000.00, which is a significant increase, and late fees have never been that much. I have spoken to them on several occasions and asked them not to increase the dollar amount that high unless they explain why. That can be sent via email, and for them not contact me references unless my phone is disconnected. The last representative just spoke to me on the 14th, and they keep calling from different numbers more than twice a day.

Desired outcome: Leave 1 detailed msg & give 2 dys to return. Do not increase the balance w/o notifying me via email for (faster delivery). Remove the unpaid fees by refinancing the loan No threats abt Repo during collection attempts. Do not call reltv

7:22 am EST

Global Lending Services The rep assured me that they didn't get money and they would collect my car

Don’t trust the company Global Lending Services. I have twice paid to this company, and I have noticed it later. I called to the office and explain the situation. The receptionist told me that they didn’t refund and they would check the details. After two days the rep called me back and said that they didn’t get my last payment and they would collect my car. I checked my account and money was gone. I don’t know what has happened with my money.

Overview of Global Lending Services customer experience

Global Lending Services (GLS) is being widely criticized in the auto finance industry for their lack of customer care and shady business practices. Numerous consumers have reported unreturned phone calls, late fee charges, and overpriced interest rates. GLS also has a history of repossessing vehicles without warning or explanation. Reviews online highlight issues with payments going unapplied or applied toward wrong accounts. Additionally, numerous customers have reported receiving harassing and threatening phone calls from GLS representatives. It is not advised to do business with GLS as the company continues to demonstrate unethical behavior towards its consumers.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Global Lending Services contacts