Citicard / Credit Protector

This complaint is regarding CitiCard's Credit Protector Processing Ctr., P.O. Box 901016, Fort Worth, Tx. [protected].

I was terminated from my position at work due to a disability. Because I was terminated I fought and received unemployment benefits. I was terminated on June 6, 2005. My unemployment benefits ran out the first week of Dec. 2005. I then went on Social Security Disability. I notified Credit Protector in a letter. I included a statement from Social Security telling them the amount of my monthly benefit and a letter from my physician. They sent me a form to change my status from Job Loss to a Disability Claim. My doctor and I filled it out; it is dated Jan. 11, 2006. On the form one of the questions was if my disability was permanent, which my physician responded it was a permanent disability and I would not be returning to work. They asked for diagnosis codes which my physician provided 3 of them. Credit Protector claimed they never received this disability claim. I received a letter to fill out another claim form. The only claim form I had was a Job Loss form which asks the same questions. I sent that to them with another letter from my physician. They denied my claim and closed my case. They told me I did not send them the disability claim within the 30 time limit. They claim they never received the disability claim form of Jan. 11, 2006. I wrote a letter to credit protector with a copy of the form that came out of my medical chart. I attached copies of 3 letters my physician wrote. One of them was a treatment summary. This was on June 6, 2006. Meanwhile CitiCard is not getting paid. I am 5 months behind in payments. My interest rate shot up to 30%. I receive calls from them on a daily basis. The last call was yesterday, June 27, 2006. I then called Credit Protector to find out the status of my appeal. The representative informed me the appeal was denied on June 22, 2006. They never bothered to send me a denial letter. The representative I spoke to, Amy, said she would send out the denial letter. She told me they never received a claim for disability in January 2006. The only claim they have is the copy I sent them on June 6, 2006. This company is scamming people out of their money, promise to make payments if you lose your job or become ill. I have paid my monthly dues to them but they are not holding up their end of the deal.

Comments

• Al
      13th of Nov, 2007

Hello, I have a website that I started and one of the two test cases I am chronicling is Credit Protector. I'm sorry to hear that you paid into a system that signed you up so easily but then makes you jump through hoops to collect.

• Mi
      1st of Mar, 2010

I am currently battling on behalf of my deceased father. He paid faithfully on the Credit Protect for YEARS and now we're being told it is only for "accidental death". NOTHING online or in his paperwork states this...we have documentation showing long-term diability, death...

Have retained an attorney to help us fight this battle. Eery other agency with whom he has any credit life protection honored their end of the deal...NOT CitiCard. Sad.