Citi Bank Suvidha Account / missing money from account

Bangalore, India Review updated:
Phone: 9886781527
This is to bring to your notice a serious issue that iam facing with my salary account. This is a DELL corporate account [protected]) and is in the name of Amita Vijaykumar. Over the past couple of months there has been 3 instances cash being withdrawn from her account which she was not aware of. She has started checking her transactions online recently, so we are not sure if such incidents have happened earlier as well. The first instance when she came to know about this was, when there was a transaction on (02/08/07), she tried to withdraw cash of Rs.5000 from the ATM in our office premises(Ref #[protected]) but it returned an error and when she contacted customer care they confirmed that the amount has not been dispensed. But when she checked later she found a deficit of Rs.5000 in her account. When she contacted customer care again they said that the cash has been withdrawn by her and nothing can be done about it. But luckily the amount was debited back into the account on 28/08/07. The next instance was on 05/09/07(Ref # [protected] ) when out of the blue Rs.7500 was withdrawn without her knowledge and just like before when she contacted customer care and complained, they said that it was she who has withdrawn the amount since it was a ATM withdrawal and nobody else could have done it. But later the amount was deposited back on 25/09/07. Now the third instance was on 03/10/07 when RS.10000 disappeared without her knowledge (Ref# [protected]) and she is still waiting for it to be debited back. This does not look normal as it has happened with the same person three times. So all of us here at DELL are having doubts about transacting with Citibank. I hope some action is taken after bringing this to your notice. Amita can be contacted on [protected] or her email is Amita_Vijaykumar@dell.com.

Also would like to complain about a problem Amita has with a Citibank credit card([protected]) that she was using earlier. Though she had settled total outstanding amount of Rs.10000 in the month of April she has recently received a statement saying that she still has not settled the amount and along with interest she has to pay around Rs.13000. I have attached the confirmation mail she received after settling the total amount due.

All these experiences have completely shattered her faith in Citibank. And since Citibank is our company’s official salary account all of us are having doubts about transacting with Citibank as word spreads really fast about such serious issues.

I am hoping that you will sort this out and help restore our faith in your bank. Also Amita has to be compensated suitably for the inconveniences she had to go through. If nothing happens from here our only option will be to go to the press or to complain to RBI regarding the issue attaching all relevant transaction documents supporting our complaints. Also we may have to request our corporate heads to discontinue the relationship our firm has with Citibank, citing all the bitter experiences we have been having.
also i was contacted by people from CITI bank regarding this and they informed that since its an ATM withdrawal they cannot do much regarding the money that is missing from my account. No steps are taken to get the issue sorted. every time i am being called by different people from citibank and i have to repeat my self n number of times. I am tired of this... can some one please help me. I am very frustrated as Rs.17,000 is missing from on account.
Am

Comments

Er
  27th of Apr, 2008
Perhaps cash has been withdrawn fron the employee's account without her knowledge because of identity theft. Perhaps the representative of her employer should refrain from providing the employee full name, account numbers, reference numbers, and other detailed information on the world wide web. The theft could be internal to Citi Financial. But, this display of information on the world wide web could certainly be colllected by numerous identity thieves world wide (emphasis). The ignorance and ineptitude is no longer funny. It is increasingly not even noticed.
Jo

Account Type: Suvidha Savings
Cheque number:015812-city bank
Amount: Rs15, 726
Deposited at DOMBIVLI EAST ATM -center

This amount has been debited by Citibank with out any reason and information to me.

Please help me to trace this money and let me know
Ma
  8th of Oct, 2009

CITI bank Suvidha account - Fund deducted with out my approval
Citi bank
India
citibank.co.in

hi i just opened a salary acc. with citi bank...but i am not able to sign up for the acc. the info. provided in the packet is not accepted online n causing a hell lot of problem to me.can u please help me with this.
Manish