Having problems with Citibank?

+54 11 4329 1772 (Argentina)
+57 1485 4000 (Colombia)
+593 2393 9043 (Ecuador)
+595 216 202 400 (Paraguay)
+58 212 705 2039 (Venezuela)
+58 212 705 2614 (Venezuela)
Citi, 388 Greenwich Street
New York, California

Complaints & Reviews

foreclosure of the personal loan

This is related to a loan acquired by me from CITIBANK on 30 Aug 2005, and the first EMI was Debited sep 2005,I had asked for the foreclosure and gave you a months notice on 12 Feb 07 and called you on 22 March 07 for the O/S informed 31,503.26 /- and i had a DD made for the same amount and gave the request for the pickup as informed by CALL CENTER AGENT but it was not picked.

I HAVE SPOKEN TO ONE OF THE AGENTS TODAY AND SHE HAS GIVEN ME THE AGENCY'S NO [protected]-[protected] AND TOLD ME TO RING THEM AND GET THE PAYMENT PICKED.

I HAD CALLED THEM MANY TIMES AND GETTING HARASSED BY FALSE PROMISES BY CITIBANK AGENTS.

Stay way from this company!

credit card never issued

As my card expires in October 2006, since now I haven't received my new card,and also their officer...

poor customer treatment!

I am writing this email to you with regard to my Citibank Credit Card, I was sent this card without any...

at&t universal credit card is a rip off!

10 % back as a statement credit on purchases at department, discount and apparel stores until 12/31/06. (up to $100.00). This was the offer sent to me by AT&T Universal. I phoned and attempted to get a list of stores and was told there was none. Activation by me was required; this was done on 11/20/06. Purchases totaling over $1500.00 at Wal-Mart, Home Depot and Harbor Freight were charged.

As my statement date neared I sent messages on the AT&T message center inquiring about when my credit would be posted. First I was told that I was not enrolled in the program. Sent verifying information. Customer service apologized and stated that I was enrolled and stated that the credit would appear on the same statement as the purchase. Sent another message stating that I was ready to pay the statement and asking that the credit be posted. Received a nonsense response: Our records do not indicate that an online payment was successfully completed. Please try again.

At this point I started phoning and was told to call back in 48 hours, was then told to wait till next statement. Waited till next statement, called and was told by service rep that her supervisor stated that I would not receive the credit. She state that Target and JC Penny were department or discount stores but Wal-Mart, Home Depot and Harbor Freight were not. I closed this account and would advise anyone to not consider doing business with AT&T Universal or Citibank.

• Ga
    Gag Me Mar 16, 2007

I completely agree. I've had the same problem.

• Cj
    cj Mar 03, 2008

citibank is a very misleading they lie and cheat the intrest rate is too high and they don't try and help you when you fall into a situaiton they only race you to pay the bill even on weekendsa and holidays they call they have no symthany for you when you even tell them what your problem is they will not weven work out a affordable payment plan with you athey only want the max and intrest fees and late cost they are quick to take you to court and try suing that all they prefer doing this is a very nasty co, have your id in place they will claim they never called you on sundays or early morning before 8:30 they will tryto lie out the whole thing i hope we can all work together and find a way to close them i have made a complaint with the consmuer afairs about them. so let keep in mind they have citibank and there is a law which stand behind wrong....

• Pa
    Patti Apr 10, 2008

Citibank out and out lies to customers and then will actually say you yourself is the one lying. I had a problem with a payment. My payment account was closed on line so I could not get into my account. I was not recieving written bills from them. Finally I got ahold of them. I set up a payment agreement and my first payment I actually sent $310 dollars more than I agreed on. The next month I payed the agreed amount. One week later I recieved a call telling me I was late with my payment. I questioned them and guess what? First off they do not tape conversations. I told them to listen to the recording and I was told "Oh we do not tape all of our conversations. We may tape random for training purposes only not lawsuits." Well who ever said anything about a lawsuit? I sure didn't. Next they inform me that no agreement was ever made. The computer did not note an agreement was arrainged. When I said are you saying I am lying? I was told in no uncertain terms that no agreement was made with me. I was also informed that since there was no agreement made that my payment was late. I would have an interest rate of 29 plus percent and late fees added. Watch out for this company if you do not get something in writing from them they will proclaim you a liar, jump your interest rate and charge late fees. I also entered another agreement with them for payment and before the witch I was speaking to could say anything I was telling her what the terms would be. Now if I had not already had an agreement with them then how would I ever be able to tell her their terms. Gee I must be psychic or something.

annoying daily calls!

They Call almost daily. I hang up on them when I hear who it is but they call back the next day. The last # was [protected].

• Sw
    Swisstoons Jan 20, 2014

Citi has got to be one of the dumbest companies I've ever dealt with. I had a zero balance when Citi took over my Best Buy card from HBC. And I have not used this card in perhaps three years. But about a month ago, I began receiving robocalls from Citi asking for a woman I've never heard of. When the calls kept coming, some as early as 8AM, I called Citi and told them there was no one here by that name and that they should stop calling. I also filed a complaint with the Do-Not-Call Registry. The calls did stop...for a WEEK. But this morning, they were back at it...at 8AM! And when I phoned Citi, I was told I had to call Best Buy. I have just filed a second complaint online with the Do-Not-Call Registry.

• Kh
    Khanttgh Apr 02, 2014

Yes! Citibank is annoying and their agents are stupid one time i told the agent i wasnt interested and i hang up, he called me again to say im sorry he did not mean to drop the call and i told him i was the one who hung up and iended the call. He called again afterwards! They are so annoying they call like 3 times a week! One time 2 agents call me at the aame time to offer the same product thats how disorganized they are!

• Li
    Linda Cox Bireley Oct 30, 2015

I get the Citibank Robo calls on my work phone every day sometimes two or three times a day. I called them to tell them to stop and the person told me that many people use my phone number. I told her that makes no sense it has been my personal work number for over 18 years. I told her to remove my number NOW. She said that so many people used my number that would be impossible. WHAT???? I asked her to just give me one name and she said she could not do that as it was private!!! I told if that was true that so many people use my phone number then they are all FRAUDS and every account should be closed. What a horrible company. I would never have an account with this company. She asked me what my name was and then said oh, your name is not on this phone number. WHAT A DUMMY!!!

annoying unsolicited calls

This call comes from the Citibank new card accounts department. These people have called me almost daily, at 2-3 hour intervals, never leaving a message identifying who they are. They stay on the line long enough for the answering machine to make its statement and hang up 2-3 seconds afterward causing my machine to register a message. If they are going to stay on the line that long, identify their purpose in calling and maybe I might consider calling them back. All of my card accounts are in excellent standing, so I know this isn't a collection related call.

Main purpose of my posting this complaint is that no one has posted anything concerning this number so now there is some reference for others curious about who is on the other end of this number.

loan recovery problem

I have taken a personal loan of 2.5lakh from citi bank almost one and half years and paying all emis, I am...

harassment practices

These are several numbers [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected]) I have received calls from Citicard as a result of a billing dispute. I have downloaded a program from Traysoft called Phone Tray Free which uses my computer modem to automatically hang up on these harassing calls after one ring. If you have a voice modem you call also have it play one of several messages available. The one I use emulates a disconnected phone. The program also logs date, time, and calling number of all calls. I offer this to allow others to fight back to these harassment practices. I also report each call to the do not call site.

• Go
    gordon Aug 19, 2008

on a payment plan with united collection bureaufor CITI CARD, bounced three checks, started paying them with WESTERN UNION, there not happy, said they will have state of Illinois Monday the 22nd to serve PAPERS, what does that mean JAIL??

the worst credit card company i've ever dealt with!

Okay, I had a Citibank Credit Card a couple years ago. I was behind on all of my credit cards at one time. I came into some money and called all my credit cards and wanted the payoffs for them.

All my credit cards sent me statement and I sent them the payment in...no problem...BUT CITIBANK. I sent them the payment with the statement they sent me, but about 6 months later they sent me a statement that I owed them $500. I called them to see if maybe something got messed up with my payment. The RUDE rep stated that I had agreed to a payoff with the representative, I spoke to over 6 months ago. I stated, NO, I just asked for a payoff statement be mailed to me. The RUDE rep that I spoke to this time, was not helpful and did not want to help me at all. I asked the rep to send me a copy of my statement that I mailed with my check and they said FLAT OUT NO!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and that person was even ruder than the other. Basically, they will not send me a copy of the statement that I mailed with my payment to prove the total amount in the payoff. Unfortunately I didn't make a copy of my statement, but I made a copy of my check...dumb on my part. Now over the years Citibank has sent the bill to a collector and has kept increasing the amount of the money due, apparently adding interest. It's about over $3000.00 now. WOW!!! I never created an account online with my credit card, so I can't go online to get a copy of my statement either. I even worked with one of the collectors to see if she can work with Citibank to resolve this issue, but they won't work with her either. No statement will be mailed to anyone to prove the amount on the statement. I have written letters to the company and the President with no responses. The worst credit card company I've ever dealt with.

no charges return

I regret to inform you that your department is charging interest, Late Payment fee, and the Service charge...

credit protector

This complaint is regarding CitiCard's Credit Protector Processing Ctr., P.O. Box 901016, Fort Worth, Tx...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices