Circle K Stores

Posted: Dec 3, 2017 by

food/beverage

2370 Lawrence Ave East ESSO/CIRCLE K

Good day,
I recently visited one of your "On the run Stores" (soon to be Circle K) in Toronto, Ontario. I got gas and decided to go in for a snack, when I went to the self serve fountain drink station I noticed there were no cups in sight, the cup dispensers were empty. I thought "okay" and was simply going to leave but it occurred to me "I should ask the attendant", when I did he told me that they keep them behind the P.O.S. counter. I thought this to be somewhat strange so I continued to ask "why is that so?" to which he responded "because that's how it is" which I found somewhat rude but I digress. I followed this with a comment "I don't see them doing this in other CIRCLE K stores" to which he replied doesn't matter how they do it, that's how we do it here.
Okay NUMBER ONE that's no way to speak with a customer, especially one who solely uses Esso gas stations and has for the past thirty years regardless of price. Of course I wouldn't expect that he knows this but even if it was my first time, not acceptable.
NUMBER TWO as a former convenience store owner/operator I know first hand how expensive these self serve soda fountains are, so why would he want customers to walk away thinking that the machines are out of service and lose that sale and potentially the recurring sales.
NUMBER THREE, where is the convenience in having wait in line to ask for a cup to go back to serve yourself and then line up again to pay, forget that I'll just skip it and go to McDonalds drive thru.
BUT MOST CONCERNING is that the same person that is HANDLING CASH ALL DAY is sticking his fingers in the cup and handling the lid and then giving it to you to potentially become sick from bacteria, viruses, or other harmful organisms. I'm not sure what to expect from this this complaint but I know that I will be red-flagging this store with the TORONTO PUBLIC HEALTH'S Communicable Disease Surveillance Unit. The employee whom I dealt with goes by the name of "Suri" not sure if he provided his real name but seemed to suffer from some form of "Paranoia" about people stealing cups.
If you got this far I appreciate it, Thank you.
Updated by torresjose, Dec 04, 2017
Hilarious!. It's like watching the left hand talk to right hand. These are all comments coming from the same person. It's fine, I get it you have to defend your co workers. Good comedy though.
Complaint comments Comments (4)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Food

Comments

N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
Is it the one on Steeles and Markham Road, because they do that there as well. But they were always polite to me.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@MichelIeober I don't see anywhere where the OP threw a temper tantrum. But it is YOU who creates multiple accounts and harasses people not only on here, but on pissedconsumer as well.
N  6th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
Just because people disagree with you does not mean they are the same person or they work for the company.

I think you are overreacting in this situation. The employee sounds like he could have been more polite, but besides that nothing was necessarily done improperly. I'm assuming the cups are kept behind the counter because of potential theft. That doesn't make him paranoid. I doubt the cashiers enjoy having to hand people cups. I'm sure they wish they could just leave them stocked but have been forced not to out of necessity. I have seen other gas stations do this in the past.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree