Circle K / bad employee

1 West Melbourne, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407 574 13333

I was taking care of a close friend who was on medications. Because she was acting strange I decided to go with her to the store. Once inside she walked over to the soda fountain and filled a cup. While doing this she said it looked strange. She then drank some and said it also tasted different than usual. I figured it must be the medication she was on. At the counter she decided to ask for cigs. I told her she had a carton of cigs back at her house. Plus i told her that she left her wallet and ID back home as well. I then told the attendant "Christian" that my friend was on some medication and did not need any cigs right now, and that she didn't have any ID anyways. I asked if he could just charge us for the 32 oz.. Polar Pop so we could leave. Christian then looks at his fellow attendant "Mary". She nods and he then goes to retrieve the pack of cigs. I ask him are you really going to sell her cigs without an ID? I then tell him that if he does I am going to make a formal complaint. He says my friend looks old enough and he can still sell to her anyways. At that point I asked for the other attendants name she replied "Mary". I told them that I was shocked that they disregarded my requests and would be making a complaint. I then left the store and waited outside for my friend to finish so we could leave together. Outside i sat and waited for her. After about 15-20 mins. I noticed her still standing out front. Walking up to her I noticed she had 4 or 5 receipts in her hand. Christian and Mary had charged her for 4 sodas and 4 packs of different cigs. She was complaining to them that they we not "real" cigs and asking for the owners name and number so she could call and complain. Clearly she was not acting rational. Upset I walked back in the store and said to Christian are we done? Are we done selling her cigs? He replied...Ya. Mary then informed me that my friend kept buying cigs crying and complaining about them and then throwing the packs in the trash. After digging through the inside trash-can for two packs and the outside one for two more packs we left for the night. I am shocked that people would take advantage of someone that they knew and was clearing told was on medications.

Jo
Jul 17, 2015

Comments

• Ke
      17th of Jul, 2015

This is not shocking, they are not taking advantage of anyone. You are the one treating your friend like she is a four year old child. As an adult if they refused to sell her the cigarettes they can be sued for discrimination. I bet your friend was angry that you were treating her as if she is four years old. Also they generally only ask for ID if the person is under 40. You just wanted to control your friend and were angry that they treated her like an adult. How would you like it if someone discriminated against you and treated you like a child. You sure act like one so why not treat you like one.