Cingular Wireless / Dealing with these people is a nightmare!

On the 23rd of August, my son's telephone was stolen from his vehicle at a Quiktrip store in Phoenix, Arizona. My daughter heard of this from my son on the 24th of August and told me. I immediately called Cingular and informed them that the phone had been stolen and needed to be turned off. Over the next few days, I received numerous calls from my son's stolen telephone, presumably because our numbers (wife's, daughter's, mine) were stored in the phone. Obviously someone of Hispanic heritage took the phone judging by all the calls being made to Latino states south of the border. I called again on the 29th of August and again requested that the phone be turned off because I was still receiving calls, sometimes at 2 or 3 in the morning, from some spanish speaking individual. I was told it would be turned off and that the bill would be remedied if I called back when I got my September bill (Sept 23rd). I called back on September 24th and reminded the CSR that the excess calls from the 23rd for that line (I have 3 phones for my family) needed to be removed from my bill. I was told they would be. Again, this past weekend (Oct 15th), I received calls from that number (678-852-1sss) so I called this morning to, once again, ask that that number be turned off only to be told by Mr. Larry Lovely that the phone had not been turned off due to a glitch in their system. He also explained that the $598.70 in charges attributable to that number would be credited to my account. Great, in comes Ms Carmela Heberly of Cingular this afternoon (Oct 16, 2006 5:33p) to let me know that the credits would not be applied because the telephone was not stolen. Her reasoning was that; because calls were made to my home phone number (stored within the stolen phone) and that I had requested international calling in July. I did indeed request international calling in July for my daughter's phone (678-852-1sss) for her graduation present/trip to Europe . I did not request int'l calling for my son's phone (678-852-1sss) nor did I want it. When I asked the Cingular representative in August why my son's phone was able to dial international calls, she specifically told me that Mexico is not considered International. However, Ms Heberly infers that it is.

Dealing with these people is a nightmare. I don't even have a contract with them (ended July) and they do not care that I won't even consider them as a potential carrier.

Hy

Comments

• We
      31st of Mar, 2007

2006.December 6th I at los angeles santa monica blvd and La Brea Ave cingular Store order wireless Service for notebook,The manager of that store tells me price be 69.98 for Month Have no another charge.Afterwards December 9 days I cancel the service.The store commitment sends back my fee.Later on more than a weeks The company send to my bill is 362.12.I for many times go to the store to explain the problem in a month, but the staff member calls me wait for with various reason. Afterwards I search a bill that takes the service telephone me about 2000.

Manager's name Andy Abaoag My cingular number213-379-3891. They do not give me the contract with various reason, and call the financial asset management systems made me return money. English that begs your pardon me is not good!