Cingular Wireless / Advocates of identity theft
Yes, you have read correctly. If you have an account with Cingular Wireless they will allow for anybody to make changes to your account, to upgrade, add a line, etc. as long as they can provide Cingular with your information as verification. This means that anybody who steals your personal information can go and give Cingular your social security number and basically obtain every and anything that you yourself can get. When I spoke to a representative at Cingular Wireless basically said that the person was able to provide your information (Soc. Sec) and was allowed to make changes to the account. Then he said that I had to contact the Cingular store that allowed it to happen, and that I should have had a password on the account (which I had no idea was needed as no one ever informed me of one until now.) Check your bills, because you may be paying for services that you did not sign up for. I intend to report them for advocating theft of identity information!
More Cingular Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- C4 Connections / AT&T - carl blust 
- AT&T - uverse equipment returns 
- Vesta AT&T - unauthorized bank charge 
- AT&T Uverse - service 
- AT&T - billing rip-off 
- AT&T - two unauthorised charges to my credit card so far.
- AT&T - customer service
- AT&T - telephone scams started after filing an insurance claim
- AT&T/Direct TV - direct tv
- AT&T - at&t, internet, directv and u verse tv