CIC Triple Advantage / How to cancel the charges!

I had a hard time even finding a number to call about this one and they will never write you back. I just called my bank's customer service provider and explained I wanted to stop charges. She three way called the number on my bank statement for the charge and told them she was calling from the bank. They agreed to cancel the "membership" and said I would incur more fees.

Worth a try...

Comments

• Je
      25th of Mar, 2007

Why are you charging me $12.95 a month. I never signed up for anything but have been charged 3 times.

• Vi
      27th of Mar, 2007

I am outraged about seeing this charge from triple advanta for $12.95. What is going on?!

27th of Mar, 2007

This company is TERRIBLE! Biggest scam in the world. I have tried to cancel this 3 times now and they keep charging me every month. I am so sick of them. I will tell anyone who will listen what a fraud "Triple Advantage" (or whoever the hell they are) is!!!

20th of Apr, 2007

CIC Triple Advanta took $12.95 out of my account. They are officially thieves.

• Ez
      6th of May, 2007

I'm pissed I have been looking at my account and seeing that yall have been taking out $12.95 for 4 months and that is only how far back i can see. Who knows how much it has really been. Right now we are up to 51.80 that has been taken, so i would suggest something be done about NOW!!!

• Je
      9th of May, 2007

Whoever these people are did the exact same thing to me!! How can I fix this??

18th of May, 2007

I can only imagine how much money this company makes off of the tens of thousands of people who are getting charged this 12 bucks without knowing. They have it down to a science. Call the number on your statement and be patient. It's the principal...

• Ga
      22nd of May, 2007

I wish to cancel the membership of this service but do not have a phone number in which to call.

24th of May, 2007

The CIC thing is happening to me also-but my bank suggests that I close my account. Because - if I put a stop payment, the account rep said they will just come back next month and change the amount by a penny and the stop payment will not pick it up. I have no problem closing my account, but its a "Convenience Account"-like a check card but its also a Visa. I am now concerned about my credit because I have heard that you should not cancel credit cards.

There doesn't seem to be a way around this. However, I have to say when I saw how many people have been affected by this scam I didn't feel so bad-I mean at least I am not the only one-which in some way is comforting, to a certain extent.

• Fe
      24th of May, 2007

I too never signed up for more than one FREE CREDIT REPORT AND AM NOW BEEN BILLED $12.95 every month and have not been able to GET REMOVED FROM THEIR BILLING LIST.

• Ni
      7th of Jun, 2007

The phone number to call is 1-877-481-6825

• Ad
      7th of Jun, 2007

I had the luxury of calling these people and after waiting 5 minutes to connect, I was offered a $25 prepaid gift card to try to keep my account active. I was assured that I would receive it within 7-10 business days and if I still wanted to cancel, I could at that time.

I advise whomever calls and gets this offer to pass on it. I have a feeling they could try to pro-rate the account and change you $6 for the time waiting for the gift card.

Good luck to all whom try this.

• St
      19th of Jun, 2007

I just called the # 1-877-481-6825 and after being disconnected 7 times I finally got through to an operator who tried reselling me on what a great service they have. I said "No, I just want to close my account" 10 + times in the 5 min conversation. But at the end was assured I would not insure any further "membership" charges... What a hack company this is... Not even sure how they started taking money out of my account... I don't recall ever entering my bank information.

• Sr
      21st of Jun, 2007

I just canceled my active membership, it seemed pretty painless but the operator seemed to try to give me the run around first about all of their services great features or something. I just had to interrupt them and say "Hey, I just want my service canceled so that I will not incur anymore (PURCHASE CIC*Triple Advanta 06/16 $12.95 ) Charges. That seemed to work, I'll keep monitoring it though just to see if that worked.

• Te
      5th of Jul, 2007

I am just as pissed off as everyone else. I do not know how they got my account information, but before I knew it, there was 12.95 taken out of my account and I noticed that as of 7/1 another 12.95 was taken out. I was wondering if they were able to get my account information by signing up for what is supposed a FREE CREDIT REPORT! Think about it, when you get your free credit report, they try to get you to sign up for credit monitoring. Well, anyways, I am going to keep calling the number on my statement until I get so sick of them taking money out of my account, then I will have my bank call.

• Ca
      12th of Jul, 2007

I just got off the phone with them, 877-4816825, and the woman said she would cancel my account and refund me the $26 that they charged me for two months. You have to call and cancel it after 30 days of getting your free report or they can charge you. I'm assuming that they've been getting a lot of complaints because she was quick to fix the problem for me. Just be persistent.

• Ji
      29th of Aug, 2007

I just spent 20minutes on the phone with an operator (after being on hold for 5) and despite numerous requests to just cancel my account, she kept telling me what a great company and opportunity this is, and right before she finally agreed to cancel, she offered me a "great deal of 25% off for the next three months, so instead of $12.95/month, it'll be $9.71/month..."

Long story short, I'm glad I have a lot of patience for people who want to argue about taking MY money...

• Lu
      19th of Sep, 2007

I have no idea where this charge to my checking acct. came from. I have never been in contact with this company, nor do I know what service they offer. This is not right. I am calling the only number I have for them, but get little in terms of answers.

25th of Sep, 2007

IT IS VERY STRANGE THAT I STARTED INCURRING CHARGES FROM THIS COMPANY AFTER I SIGNED UP MY CREDIT REPORT . COM. I TOO AM HAVING $12.00 DEDUCTED FROM MY ACCOUNT FOR THE PAST TWP MONTHS. I DID NIT SIGN UP FOR WHATEVER THIS IS FOR AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW DID THEY RECEIVE MY CC NUMBER. THIS IS A SCAM AND THINK AN INVESTAGATION OF THE TWO COMPANIES ARE IN ORDER.

• Ab
      27th of Sep, 2007

I called to cancel my account six months ago and they ensured me that I account is canceled but I am still being charger every month. What is going on this company needs to be prosecuted for fraud.