Complaints & Reviews

Money being taken from my debit card

I have had this amount being taken from my account since February and my bank cannot give me any details on who this is payment is for. Can anyone help please or at least advise what can be done here...

• On
    Onnica Holladay Sep 21, 2008

After months of being charged for CIC Triple Advantage and TLG Great Fun, I finally decided to
    check what these companies were and how to get from being charged.

I am handicapped, so have no reason to be interested in Great Fun. Looking up Great Fun brought
    me to CIC, which makes me believe which if both are bogus companies.

I am losing $14.95 w. CIC and $14.99 w. Great fun monthly. I would like to know how to get off thier
    payroll as I can't afford the $30 a month.

PLease get back to me as soon as you can.

Unauthorized charges to debit card

BEWARE: when signing up to get a free copy of your credit report on freecreditreport.com. On receipt of receiving your report, this company begins automatically charging your credit card $14.95 / month, if you don't read the fine print. It is a SCAM. You will sign up for a service called CIC Triple Advantage. The customer care rep I spoke with took me to the site and talked me through the language in the fine print about signing up for CIC*Triple Advantage (whatever this is). They refused to credit me back for the unwanted services, and said I did not read the terms and conditions closely, and I was at fault.

The customer care rep promised to email confirmation of my cancellation to my email address which I never received. I called back and asked them to resend the email address, and the customer care agent was not able to help to resend an email for my cancellation confirmation. This is unacceptable! Basic customer care support. This is a sketchy operation.

She advised that I would need to write a letter and fax to their Customer Relations group at 949.567.3858 in order to get a copy of my confirmation of cancellation. I asked to speak with her supervisor. I found it very hard to believe that Customer Care could not send an email to a customer!! The supervisor said he would send a request to this "special" group on my behalf, but even he could not send me an email to confirm my account had been closed.

DON"T BE A VICTIM of not reading fine print. Stay away from freecreditreport.com.

They are scam artists who prey on consumer error.

• Gf
    GFR Jan 22, 2010

These guys are mother*&^%$. NEVER ever do business with them. They will NEVER refund your money. So, call your credit card company and dispute that charge.

###...

Scam charges!

Someone better credit my 6 months of chare or susan warnik will here from me . this was found on the consumer web site (The trio of reporting agencies established a single authorized Web source for customers to access the information for free: AnnualCreditReport.com. That is the only federally mandated source for free, no-strings-attached credit reports.

The rest of the Internet Web sites advertising "free" reports -- more than 100 at last count -- are in fact impostors whose real agenda is to steer unsuspecting consumers into a for-profit marketing enterprise, according to a World Privacy Forum in-depth investigation and report.)

I found this in the complaints, so I have proof this is a scam.

CHRISTOPHER DEBERRY Mar 17, 2008

I received a free credit report and agreed to the $1.00 charge but since then i have had three different companies billing me for $29.95 a month. I have disputed these charges with my bank and it has been very frustrating. I continue to have these issues and i am sick of it. Can someone please do something about these companies ripping people off. I am single and take care of two disabled parent i do not have the money in my account. I did not agree to anything but the one time $1.00 fee and i am pissed.

To anybody that reads this - Please do not visit the websites unless you have money to give away because they will continue to take it from you. I cannot believe that something cannot be done about this.

• Kr
    Kris May 03, 2008

You c an get a free credit report by going directly to one of the three major credit bureus. You are allowed 1 free per year. You may also go to annualcreditreport.com. If any site is asking for your credit card #, you are guaranteed to be charged more down the road.

• Au
    augydog May 03, 2008

Anyone using Free Credit Report.Com BEWARE, it is not free, you will be charged a monthly fee. My fee was $12.95 without my consent. I was charged another $12.95 for the next month. I called VISA and had a new credit card issued and canceled the old card.

This is the coolest scam I have seen. I should have known something was up when they asked for my credit card number.

Just a heads up to Free Credit Report.com, its not free !!!

augydog

Free credit report scam!

I'm being charged $12.95 a month by CIC Triple Advantageirvine for credit check reports, which apparently... I inadvertently agreed to paying for after getting a 'free' credit report! I've just spent 1 hour on the phone with them, and only managed to get two months money back of the 7 months I've paid for! i now have to write to their 'Consumer Relations Group to try to recover the balance of $64.75. What do you think my chances of recouping that will be huh...

• Ju
    Julia Fox Jun 22, 2008

HOW DO YOU GET THESE CHARGES TAKEN OFF? I SIGNED UP FOR THE FREE SERVICE NOT THE CHARGES. I DO NOT GET MY CREDIT SCORE EVER!!!

Can someone tell me if they have resolved this?

My email is [email protected]

• Ne
    Nedra Williams Oct 16, 2008

FREE CREDIT REPORT has charged my credit card three times for $14.95 after I asked for the FREE report. I have tried to cancel the service I didn't know I had and didn't want, but haven't suceeded.

• Vi
    victim Feb 11, 2009

THESE CRIMINALS NEED TO BE TRACKED DOWN AND EXECUTED!!!

• Tl
    tluong Feb 12, 2009

I have cancelled my membership today by calling the Customer Service number. I was charged once (still pending today), and it's $14.95 plus tax. I only had a 7-day free trial period. Regardless of their disclaimer stating that there is a membership fee of $14.95/month, it is in blue print on a blue background that blends nicely with the website. Nice disclaimer, scammers. This is not stated in the Terms and Conditions, which an operator tried to argue. I was able to cancel my "membership" and obtain a "refund", for which I am still waiting. What I did was speak to the operator, and told her how it is deceiving to have commercials and advertisements along with a website stating a free credit report. She had told me that I should have read the Terms and Conditions, which I did. She also told me that it was impossible to give me a refund. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She agreed, and put me on hold. I was put on hold for a few minutes, and the operator had told me that the supervisors were all busy. Then, she decided to give me a refund. Now, isn't that funny? I thought she just told me that it was impossible for her to give me a refund. All of a sudden, the impossible becomes the possible.

Now, if I were speaking to a supervisor, I would have told him/her the exact same thing I told the operator. If the supervisor only agrees to refund you one month as "courtesy, " but you have been charged for several, then tell him/her that it is not satisfactory. If the supervisor refuses to refund you the full amount, then threaten to report this to the Better Business Bureau. Usually, if the supervisor is "smart, " then he/she will agree to give you a full refund. It's faster and there's less trouble giving you the full refund as opposed to dealing with the Better Business Bureau, again. I hope this advice works for some of you.

Unathorized Credit card charge

My wife went to the website and took advantage of a free 30 day offer for Credit Report services. Before the 30 days was up she called and notified the company that we wanted to cancel. She was assured it was cancelled. We just got our credit card statement and a $14.95 was presented . I called and complainted then they claimed they dont show anywhere that my wife had cancelled the service and that I would have to pay the $14.95. I see that I am not the only one that they are doing this to. I would like to take this matter up with the US Attorney General's office. How do I do that??

won't refund

Started filling out for their "free"creditreport. but cancelled. A couple days ago i saw they charged my credit card, just called them and talked to a managed she says she can see that i viewed it, and will not refund my 14.95. I told her i never have been to that website, i cancelled it, and never recieved emails from them. So told me they sent me emails, and that they will not refund my money. I sent in a complaint to the BBB and hopefully they will resolve this. its horrible how the can do that. They kept telling me not to believe what the internet says, but then they turn around and screw you over. BAD BAD Company. So rude there

• Ro
    Robin Pine Mar 19, 2008

This is one of the biggest scams I have ever been a part of. I did the free credit report.com and now they have taken over $100.00 directly out of my banking account!! Unbelievable. And, they won't credit any of it. I warn all people not to participate in free credit report.com. There is nothing FREE about it!!!

Charge for Free Credit Report Unauthorized

On 10/27/07 went on line to request a free credit report at freecreditreport.com. Prior to proceeding with information I was asked to submit credit card information, at which time I was told my credit card would not be billed if I cancel within 30 days.

Upon checking my credit card statement on-line today there was a $25.90 charge from CIC Triple Advantage. I called (11/15/07) CIC and spoke with a Ciara and told her I wanted to cancel the service and ask if my credit would be reimbursed and she said "NO". I was also told the reason for the $25.90 charge was because $12.95 was for a incomplete request I made in August (which I do not recall making). I did do the request on 10/27/07 because of a charge that had appeared on a Transunion report when I applied for a loan with my credit union.

If a credit report is "FREE", why was I charged to go on line to look at my report and why do these sites require a credit card? This is a scam and need to be stopped.

CIC Triple Advantage need to be put out of business and required to refund every dime they have stole from consumers.

Sincerely

Marjorie Whitfield

• Su
    Suzee Apr 07, 2008

The only truely free site is www.annualcreditreport.com

It is the one set up by the credit bureaus. All the others are only free to members and membership costs money.

All of us taken in by CIC Triple Advantage need to file a complaint at www.BBB.org

$12.95 unauthorized check card charge!

A couple of months ago my son (Aaron) and I followed online instructions to receive our FREE credit reports. Of course you can't even get a free credit report without giving your credit card information. We both canceled the service within the 30-day period so we would not be charged a monthly fee. On Monday, October 15th CIC Triple Advanta put a hold on my account for $12.95 without my authorization. I called to inquire and they said Aaron had requested a free credit report on September 15th and that is a lie because I was the one who got a free credit report on that date.

THIS IS A TOTAL RIP-OFF!!!

• Am
    amanda bearrows May 28, 2008

complete rip off!

Sandra Ashburn Jul 29, 2008

I am So tired of being charged $12.95 for CIC Triple Advanta. I have called 6 times and I am still being charged...can't we be reinbursed? They ignore my pleas...Is there a LAWYER out there that would start a " Class Action Law Suit " for all of us being STOLEN from?

Class action lawsuit!

I though I was the only person cheated by this company until I searched google for a way to cancel my membership. There are enough people with complaints to file a class action lawsuit against this company for fraudulent activities. If anyone would like to join me in putting together such a suit, please e-mail me at tarakittykat (AT) hotmail.com.

Christopher Sean Thomas Sep 09, 2007

Experian/CIC has ripped me off also. They got me for $12.95 for two months. I'm having an impossible time canceling. I call, get transferred, and they hang up. I signed up for the class action lawsuit, as should everyone else. I'm sick of big companies such as Experian ripping off people.

• Su
    sue gala Sep 15, 2007

I have tried also. My next step is to transfer my stuff to another credit card and cancel this one so they cannot bill to it.

Wonder if that would work???

Charles F. Marcum Sep 21, 2007

I too am a victom of CIC Triple Advantage. There advertizement clearly stated that I could get a free credit report. Then I started getting billed $14.95 a month for the last two months. I called and they told be that they would cancel my membership [which I never applied for] yet I continue to get billed every month. I will gladly join a class action lawsuit. People like this should be put out of business.

• Aa
    Aaron T. Shirley Nov 30, 2007

I signed up for the free credit report and am now being monthly charged 12.95. I was never notified in an email, or on the site of joining any membership. I am confused and angry that such a thing is happening. I would join in, and would love for this to stop.

• Ni
    Nikki Aug 28, 2008

Ya they need to be sued. I just cancelled my account that I NEVER signed up for.

• Ki
    Kim and Marty Thomas Jun 29, 2009

I myelf signed up for a free credit check thinking it was free too, boy did I get jipped. CIC*Triple Advantage as been taking $14.95 out of my account since December of 2008. I found the contact number and called them about it. They had a answer to everything I asked and told them. They canceled something I did not even sign up for and they even sent it to my e-mail address that I had to give them. They even had a nerve to ask for my debit card number, which they should already have because they are already taking my money out of my account without my permission. They also asked for my full social security number, of course I did not give it to her. She said she really needed that info to look up my account with them that I know nothing about. She even told me I had not signed up for anything, but I sure did receive a cancelation on my e-mail stateing I canceled. They are lyeing thru their teeth trying to cover their tracks. They are theives and we all need justice. I can't beleive they are still doing business. I've read so many reports on these people and they are still at it. Just remember, we honest, hard working people sweating by our brow are getting ripped off. It always happens to the best of us. Don't ever give your card number out to anyone on the internet. I have at least 3 more web sites taking money out of my account without my permission and I'm having a time trying to get address's on them to report them to the bbb. They do that to scam people, you have to be careful. You can't trust anyone. The lady at my local bank said the free credit report was the main reason where the other three sites are coming in from and stealing from my account. This is not right!!!

Unauthorized billing!

This isn't a complaint against the company, I'm just giving out information to everyone...

Unauthorized billing!

This company charged to my credit card $25.90 for services I never received nor asked for. This scam! Beware!

REFUND of unauthorized charges made monthly

PLEASE, ALL, MAKE COMPLAINTS UNDER "FREECREDITREPORT.COM" ALSO! THIS IS THE ROOT ORGANIZATION! My story and...

Unauthorized charge $12.95 per month by CIC Triple Advantage

I did not authorize this charge to be taken out of my checking account every month. How do I stop this? Help smb!

Credit card charges without permission

I contacted Green Dot Credit Card Company regarding charges on my card and was informed that the charges were...

Charges of 12.00 never authorized!

I went on line to request a "free" credit report as advertised on TV. I paid $2495 for the report. Then a...

How to cancel the charges!

I had a hard time even finding a number to call about this one and they will never write you back. I just...

Watch out! No credit report is free!

I logged on to freecreditreport.com to of course get a free copy of my credit report. When you sign up it...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices