Free Credit Report Logo

Free Credit Report

Having problems with Free Credit Report?

Free Credit Report reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 1, 2007. The latest review 3 free credit scores was posted on Dec 6, 2016. The latest complaint shady business practices was resolved on Jun 17, 2013. Free Credit Report has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 57 reviews. Free Credit Report has resolved 25 complaints.

Free Credit Report Customer Service Contacts

PO Box 2390
Allen, Texas

Free Credit Report Complaints & Reviews

FreecreditReport.com — Unauthorized charges to my credit card

I signed up for an annual free credit report and they charged me $14.95 for two month for a subscription that...

Free Credit Report.com — Double charges

Lookout for this company! FREE CREDIT REPORT IS NOT FREE. Their website states get your free credit report...

Free Credit Report 360 — Fraud

On august 18th, 2009, i was seeking out a way to obtain a free copy of my credit report and credit score. I...

Free Mini Credit ReportRipp-off company

This company charges whatever price they want to charge. I was charged $29.99 and they told me it was a one time fee...which was suppose to be free trail for 7 days until they bill you. Billed my credit card the 1st day. Other people have stated that they have billed them
$12.95 every month for 6 months. NOTHING is consistant with this company. PEOPLE BE AWARE OF MINI CREDIT REPORT.COM, THEY WILL RIPP YOU OFF!!! THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE STOP. I AM ASKING ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN RIPPED-OFF TO COME FORWARD AND FILE A LAW SUIT AGAINST THEM.

CIC Triple AdvantageCharges for services not oredered

It's apparent that Experian does not comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I attempted to order my annual free credit report. Access to free credit reports online are seamless & transparent for Equifax and Transunion. Not so for Experian. Not only is it difficult (read impossible) to simply access your report without jumping through a series of endless hoops, they appear to be running an online scam as well. This month, after attempting to get my free credit report from Experian, my credit card was charged for three subscriptions for credit monitoring by "CIC Triple Advantage." When I called to dispute these charges, I learned that CIC Triple advantage is a "Experian Consumer Direct" company! My, my, my. Not only does Experian not comply with the Free Credit Reporting Act, but they also scam the consumers.

I'm writing every regulatory agency I know plus the congressional oversight committee to put a stop to these crooks.

• Kr
        krispix318 Jun 21, 2009

Maybe I'm wrong but my understanding of freecreditreport.com is that they give you your credit report for free. By getting this free credit report, you enroll in a credit monitoring service (which is why their tv commercials say "Offer applies with enrollment in Triple Advantage"). My thought is that what you've been charged for is the credit monitoring from all three credit bureaus, so that you're alerted when your credit reports are modified. Again, I believe that you, in fact, have not been charged for your credit report itself, but for the credit monitoring. Just contact freecreditreport.com and cancel your memberships if you haven't done so already.

CIC Triple AdvantageCharge on credit card

I went online and paid $1.00 for a 7 day trial membership so that I could get my 3 in 1 credit report. I got my report threw Credit Adapter. I also cancelled the membership before the 7 day period was up and printed the cancellation page out and also had a cancellation email sent to me as a secondary measure to ensure I had proof of this. Two days after the 7 day trial would have been over I saw a charge of $14.95 from my bank. I immediately called and spoke to someone who said that they were with Free Credit Report.Com I got my credit report through them. I explained that no my credit report came through Credit Adapter and this guy continued to badger me saying that I pulled my credit report on 6-7-2009 and that it was through free credit report or experian and it cost 14.95 and it was non refundable. I then went on to say that I was online looking over this site that was showing other peoples stories ablout this same company was scamming them and charging others 15.00 and they were not authorized to. I started reading off the dates of peoples reports of the scams and I told him that I wanted my money back on my card immediately and he got very angry and said that it would be back on my card in 10 days.

&Free& Credit report — monthly charge for Free report

Back in November I came across a web site touting "Free Credit Reports"; inasmuch as MD has a 'one free...

FreecreditReport.comDECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES AND FRAUD: www.FreeCreditReport.com

DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES AND FRAUD: www.FreeCreditReport.com, associated with or owned by Experian credit reporting agency. Use https://www.annualcreditreport.com instead for the reasons below:

FreeCreditReport.com, which advertises broadly on the cable channels, does not give you anything free. They use deception and trick you into giving them your credit card number for identity verification and then automatically signing you up for buying their (questionable) services at about $17.00 per month. It is very hard to get the credit card companies to reverse the charges because Experian has them by the balls. How do you think they pay for all of that sickening, ridiculous and nauseous advertising? These liars, cheats and thieves are tracking, judging and reporting your credit history.

The only place you can get the Congress-mandated free annual credit report is from https://www.annualcreditreport.com .

• Ap
            AParadis Mar 01, 2010

What the website clearly says and what they doa re two different things entirely! I did read the fine print and canceled by phone 12 hours later. AFTER receiving two emails from them acknowledging my cancellation, I was billed $24.95 (not the advertised $14.95) and they refuse to respond to inquiries.

We just need to continue getting the word out that they are fraudulent, hurt their business and maybe they will listen.

• Ge
            GermanKat Oct 08, 2009

well...i fileld their page out, then relized that free isn't free, but $14, 95 instead and just closed the page...
            now it's 3 days later and i have a charge from them against my credit card.
            How do I cancel them, especially since i'm overseas and can not dial 888 numbers?

mariposita6300 Jul 23, 2009

I want to cancel my subscription now

• Kr
            krispix318 Jun 05, 2009

The website clearly says:

"When you order your free report here, you will begin your free trial membership in Triple AdvantageSM Credit Monitoring. If you don't cancel your membership within the 7-day trial period**, you will be billed $14.95 for each month that you continue your membership"

All you have to do is cancel within that 7 day period and you won't be charged. Yeah, they'll take your credit card number right off the bat in case you don't cancel, but they don't charge you if you cancel in time. I do this once a year and have never once had an issue with them.

The reason credit card companies won't refund your money is because freecreditreport.com is the opposite of deceptive and fraudulent; their terms are shown on the main page.

Cardsafe Through Free Credit Report.comnon cancellation of fees

They do not tell you beforehand but if you don't carefully read the terms, you will be screwed. They will gladly cancel your account but will not refund any money. Duh?
          You have to read the fine print which is not shown until you have already paid.

Free Credit Report.com / Cic Triple AdavantageUnauthorized Charges to bank account

I went to the Free Credit Report.com web site for a FREE credit report but have been charged $14.95 to my account since Nov. 2008. I have called CIC TripleAdvantage to receive a refund but they refuse and claim that I have signed off on a disclosure.

It appears that this additional charge each month was not properly disclosed or made apparent. I have never even received the credit report that was promised by their service.

I feel that this service is a scam and would like a refund of the service in the amount of $104.65 (7 months x $14.95).

I have called CIC TripleAdvantage to cancel the account. I have also called my bank to stop authorizing and charges from CIC TripleAdvantage.

• Al
                AlexSmith Aug 31, 2009

Had the same thing, luckily I caught it within 4 months, my g/f has been getting charged for over a year now. -_- ridiculous.

Freecredit Report.comcancelled subscription but they kept me on anyway

I had subscribed to freecreditreport.com. I know after 7 days you will be charged $14.95 per month. After 12 days I cancelled cause you know time flies and you forget to do things. So anyway, I called to CANCEL my subscription. The man asked me why and I told him "I don't want to pay $14.95 EVERY month." I don't make alot as it is. He said ok we will cancel your subscription you will get an e-mail within the next 24hrs. So the time passed by and I recieved my cancellation notice. Then I recieved an e-mail "Thank you for continuing membership" Wait a minute, I just cancelled it. So I called back and that man said the man I talked to the first time did NOT cancel me. He took off 1 month of $14.95. NEVER AGAIN will I EVER get another credit report especially being a first timer and not knowing what to expect.
              THANKS FREEEEEEEE CREDIT REPORT!!! NOT!

• Th
                  theresa dann Dec 06, 2012

i do not use this and i get a monthly charge of 18.31 from my bank account i have cancelled before now i get mad theresa dann email [email protected]

• La
                  layinlow64 Nov 22, 2009

they chared you? omg those ###! did your get burnt? lol they lie on that commercial don't they, yeah but there commercials are so entertaining!

• Ka
                  karen m johnson Nov 22, 2009

thay said it was free but when i got my account statement thay chared me twice

• Le
                  LELIA HENRY Oct 22, 2009

On Sept 25, 2009 I was charged $14.95 on my matercharge card. I thought I was getting a free credit report from the Free Credit report.com. I would like my refund back. This is unfair to the people who visit the site

• Ps
                  P. Stacey Scott-Durso Jul 27, 2009

I was charged for a website that kept popping up when I was checking for loans and I tried to cancel. I thought I had cancelled the site until, I found out I had been billed for a service that I do not want.

FreecreditReport.comfreecreditreport.com

Dear all

These people are bunch of crooks. They show free credit score, 30 days free trial credit score and then collect your credit card. When you want to cancel within 30 days they have already charged your card. They will then claim you have agreed to terms and conditions which says you have agreed to get your card charged after 9 days.

The accopunt created also is vague and you can not login again with same user and password. I never was successful to login second time. They are stealing my money as once you read on the top with large font that this is 30 days free trial period, how can they cahrge my card then before 30 days trial period. This is fradulant, unfair trade practices. I alert every one not to do be enticed by them and please blog them in Internet so that they go out of business

[protected]@yahoo.com

Cic*triple Advantage (Services And Merchandise)Tricky credit report company

I visited their website and they started billing me everymonth, i did not know that by visiting their website i " agreed" to paying them every month 14.95$, i called to cancel and they told me they have the following websites and more which i got impatient to write down, hopefull others will be more careful with these websites as below:

freecreditreport.com
                  creditexert.com
                  tripplealert.com
                  creditchecktotal.com
                  consumerinfo.com
                  familysecure.com

PS. i used my chase card everyday and there were too many activities, i did not really read every month and carefully enough, i guess this is a lesson learnt--read carefully and starting to use cash.

• Wa
                      wajaht May 12, 2009

it just happened to me!! i just checked it .. and i got charged 15 something dollars... how do i cancel it .. should i call my chase card company or the website company?? wth! i m soo pissed

• Na
                      Nancy L. McKinney Dec 10, 2008

Please remove this from my credit card. I no longer want this service.

• Ro
                      robert fisher Nov 20, 2008

i want it taken off my credit card10/22/2008 $39, 95 and 10/23/2008 $39.95 cic*creditreport(services and merchandise)are a bunch of crooks in my opionion.

janice pinney Nov 05, 2008

I did not order whatever CIC*Triple Advantage(Services and Merchandise) is. I do not want it and do not know how it ended up on my credit card. If you have a way I can reach these crooks please send me the phone number.

Joann Cortellessa-pFEILER Aug 14, 2008

they are withdrawing money from my acct.I cant locate a number to call.I never pre authorized this I am a recent widow.I need this money.

CIC - Triple Advantage — Unauthorized withdrawal

I thought i was signing up for a free credit report and now for 3 months they have been charging my bank...

Free Credit Report — They took 29. 95 out of my account

I don't know what city they are in but they took my money for a free credit report and i want my 29. 95...

FreecreditReport.com — No easy way to cancel subscription

Freecreditreport.com advertise on the TV about availing the free credit report. True, it's easy to get...

CIC Triple Advantagepaying for services not ordered

I went to Free Credit Report last year and around the same time signed up for a help insurance program. I saw the $12.00a bill on my card and i thought it was for a health isnurance premimum I had applied for. Well today I saw that the payment had gone up to $12.95 this month and I called to find out why. Imaging my surprise to find out that it was a credit reporting firm and not the insurance i thought it was. Oh Hell No, I cancelled this today and will also alert my credit card co.
                    I did not sign up for this and I have been paying for it over a year. This is so not right, this is a company supposed give me a "FREE report", not rip me off . I am so upset at my own studipidity for not cheacking sooner.

CIC Triple Advantage — Sneaky membership

We accidentally signed up for this thing! I was trying to check our credit score before purchasing a newer...

CIC Triple AdvantageEasy way out...

I applied for a FREE credit report as well...after 30 days was charged 14.95...have continued to be charged 14.95 on my credit card even though my password no longer works to even see an updated credit report. Now after seeing the charges i looked up the CIC Triple Advantage online, and saw NOTHING but complaint after complaint. So i simply called my bank told them this was a FRAUD and they canceleld the account number assigned a new and sent me new credit cards...problem solved. took me all of 10 mintues on the phone with my bank. I'm hoping my information here can help save alot of people some money and frustration.

FreecreditReport.com — screwed by freecreditreport.com AKA CIC TripleAdvantage

I wrote this to send to the Better Business Bureau but it was too long and I'm way too frustrated right...