Church's Chicken / nasty food, nasty company

1 GA, United States Review updated:

My only real experience with Church's came while I was interviewing for a director positon in the corporate HQ in Atlanta. My first interview was with Carlos Olivo, the corporate HR guy. He seemed nice enough, and the intervew went really well. However, after many follow-up voice-mails, he never even had the courtesy to call me back. I found this to be extremely rude and unprofessional. More than anything, this showed me how the company operates, and that I dont want to contribute my talents to such an organization! The behaviour and unprofessionalism of Carlos Olivo was such a turn-off.

In the meantime I also did some site visits. The first one was to their store at Ponce de Leon and Monroe in Atlanta. What a SKANKY place. I kept asking myself how this place didnt get closed by the health department. The cashier handled my chicken sandwich directly after handling money from the drive-through, it took 10 minutes to get my food, and I had seen portable toilets that were more sanitary than that restaurant!! The restaurant didnt even have lettuce for my sandwich, and the food was greasy!! The second store I visited wasnt much better. In fact, when approached by a homeless person outside the restaurant, instead of giving him money, I gave him my untouched food.

Not only was my interview experience with Church's and Carlos Olivo disgusting, but so were the restaurants. My advice is to avoid Church's Chicken at all costs!

Comments

• Je
      4th of Dec, 2007

It sounds like you are upset you didn't get a job with them. It sounds like you have a Grudge!

• Im
      24th of Nov, 2008

A little bit bitter about not being hired, eh? How does it feel to know that this dirty disgusting restaurant doesn't want anything to do with you? Very humbling, I am sure.

• Ju
      1st of Nov, 2009

Wasn't the food wrapped? I can't see why you'd need the wrapper to be germ-free - you're not going to eat it. It is also a little discrediting that you make these complaints after it's obvious that you weren't going to get the job. And he didn't call you back? You were probably denied... and frankly, there are many places that won't call you if you're not their choice. Rude, maybe, but time-saving (because remember, you're not the only one applying... there's probably at least fifty other people after that job as well).

• Ed
      9th of Nov, 2009

CFC should be boycotted because they are adhering to Sharia Law. The Islamic ### took Cajun Rice off of the menu because it contains pork. Sharia Law does not allow the eating of pork. Interestingly, if you visit a Islamic country you have to abide by their culture and beliefs. Yet they buy an American company and impose their customs and beliefs on us. Fortunately, the company has been bought by a non islamic company, but Cajun Rice has not been returned to the menu

• Gh
      13th of Nov, 2011

Our Church's chicken in Kannapolis, NC is clean. We always wear gloves or use tongs to touch all of the food, and the girls are allowed to wear fake nails, which shows that grooming and personal hygiene is encouraged here. Some Church's Chickens in other states that I've been to are dirty, but all Church's Chickens aren't dirty. Ours isn't. The only problem I have is working there and having to wait 2 or 3 days after pay day to get my money.

• Ef
      13th of Nov, 2011

I would have to agree with the OP on one thing, every Church's I've been to, the food has been incredibly greasy. I'll stick with KFC for my chicken.

• So
      11th of Feb, 2012

I agree with you on every issue. My son was unjustly fired for hearsay and a non related incidence. He had been with this company for 7 years. Never received a raise with 6 children. He remained loyal to this company. He's no angel and who is. He cooked their Chicken properly and especially on their Tuesday specials Customers asked for him to do their chicken because Church's is known to have greasy chicken. You should probably be happy you didn't get that job because that Corporation is seems is not fair. Jim

• Da
      4th of Jun, 2018

Hello My complaint is for the churches chicken on 121 Address: 1298 TX-121, Lewisville, TX 75067 I don't appreciate the employee's Angela aka Angie and Shaquala aka pooh pooh spitting in people's food because they don't like the person or if someone comes in there impatient because of slow service.The Cook drop chicken on the floor picks it up and fry it up like nothing happened.That is nasty and disgusting The place is always dirty the chairs are sticky.The service is horrible . Yjid place needs to be seen by health department and shut down.