Church's Chicken / food poisoning

Church's Chicken
111 SE County Road AA, BSMO 64014
Blue Springs
Phone: (816) 228-2730
My 9 and 12 year old granddaughters are suffering a terrible case of food poisoning. They had fried chicken legs from Church's Chicken last night for dinner around 5:00 p.m. Within a few minutes, the youngest complained of a stomach ache followed by vomiting across the family room trying to get to the toilet. A little later the oldest was vomiting and having diarrhea all at the same time. All night long and still now there has been moaning and groaning from stomach pains, throwing up stomach acids, watery diarrhea, slight fever. It's 10:00 a.m. the following morning now and they are still very sick little girls. We have contacted the doctor who advised to keep small amounts of clear liquids going and to keep a close watch on their temperature. If their fever spikes, we are to take them to the emergency room. What a nightmare! How horrible for my granddaughters. Church's Chicken will never be eaten by us again and we will be urging our family and friends not to eat it either. We should be able to trust our food system--what is happening??? It's the weekend, and the health department is not open so there are most likely more and more people being fed this sickening chicken.

N  11th of Mar, 2008 by

Churches Chicken - Terrible food!
Churches Chicken
13200 NW 27th Avenue
Phone: 305-681-6412

The complaint against this restaurant is not so much the food but the image and condition of the restaurant. I moved into the City of Opa-locka in April of 2005. I frequently visited this restaurant and the food was not bad. However, the condition of the restaurant in my opinion is poor. The entire roof of this restaurant is severely faded. The painted walls are dirty. The landscaping is horrific and cult be a whole lot better. Not to mention the Churches sign above the drive-in window that was turned down 3 years ago by the hurricane was replaced with a canvas sign that is now almost completely faded. There are other business near this restaurant that have upgraded completely. I think Churches Chicken should follow suit. This restaurant keeps a steady influx of people. Therefore I can only assume that they are making a fortune in revenue. The owner of this franchise need to give the patrons and the community a better looking restaurant. Regardless of the demographic make up of the community know that image is everything. Give us a better locking restaurant with beautiful well lit signs and landscaping.
N  25th of Sep, 2008 by

CHURCH'S CHICKEN #1275 - Very bad service
128 1/2-130 EDINBURG
Phone: 956-262-2637

I placed a large order at the churches store in elsa. Upon opening the order when returning to work i discovered the order was incomplete. I paid $25. 00 for an incomplete order. I called the store to speak to the manager and he began argueing with me. We give this churcehs a lot of business. With that manager there we are probably going to go elsewhere. The order number was 495367. We hope you will do something to make this manager a little mor aware of customer service.
N  15th of Nov, 2008 by
Churches chicken does have good food but their service and the cleanliness of the restraunt is very bad. But I think it has to do with not enough workers for the amount of business they do. The employee's are overwhelmed with the amount of customers they have, so that they cannot give the best service.
A  4th of May, 2009 by
I'm not sure if its mild food poisoning brought about by unsanitary conditions or just a particular spice that Church's uses, but I can no longer eat Church's chicken. If I do, I end up spending the next day on the toilet with an upset stomach, cramps, and burining intestinal tracks. In order to make sure it wasn't an isolated incident I tried it several times, and each time ended in the same result. I don't know what it is, but it isn't good. So Church's has officially lost my business, and I will be telling mys story to others.

N  22nd of Jul, 2009 by

Churches Chicken - manager lied
churches chichen
woodlyn shoppping center

I went to this store last night. Orderd a ( #3PIECE MIXED ) requesting a wing, breast and a thigh. The manager said if I wanted 2 pieces of white meat, I would have to pay $.75 more. When I said to him, a wing, thigh and a breast is mixed, he said, no it's not. Thenhe told the cashier to ring it up for what I asked for. After waiting a half hour for the chicken, the manager called my number 850, then he said I gave you all white me, but when I got home it was a breast, wing and a spicy leg. He's a liar and I don't eat legs no spicy chiken. I 'm a stroke victim and it was justall the emotional stress I didn't need. I was going by what I saw on the board. ( # piece mixed ).
A  8th of Apr, 2010 by
My church came back with some Church's Chicken and after i ate it, on the car ride home, i felt nauseous and needed to regurgitat. when i got home, i ran straight to the restroom and threw it all up. i think the cause for this is because they left out the chicken for to long and the chicken spoiled and therefore a virus was formed and i consumed it. after that ive been having bad stomach aches instill this day. its been a month since i ate it and everything i eat gives me indigestion problems.
A  13th of May, 2010 by
my name is srikanth from andhra pradesh hyderabad i had to requst that i worked in texas chicken in hyderabad kothapet .so i requsting that the manager of the texas chicken sir B.S.L.prasad had tooked my S.S.C certificate and rite now i leaved the job over 5 months still now they r not giving my certificate and they r asking to give my certificate .they r asking me 5000 rupees to give my certificate so please i am requstin that please tell them to give my certificate thank you sir .my name-D.srikanth, right now working in MEDIA ELECTRONIC IN A.P.PRESS, MY MOBILE NUMBER-9989659341
N  15th of Nov, 2010 by
This must be an ongoing thing bad chicken legs or drumsticks being sold at Church's fried chicken. I bought some at our local Church's fried chicken, they were on special and ordered a mixed combo of 15 pieces. Not three hours later we started feeling a queezy feeling in the pit of all of our families stomachs and I quickly suggested going to the restroom and throwing up all of the contents of what we had eaten but it was to late. We all got sick at least three times more during the night, and for the next three days it continued with stomach cramps and diarreah that could not be contained with pepto bismol or emodium tablets. Finally after the fourth day the symptoms eased up and the pain started to disappear. This happened at Church's fried chicken located at San Pedro and Basse Rd. in San Antonio Tx.. They have lost a customer for life! If the so called specials they promote is just to get rid of old chicken, it stands to reason why so many people are getting sick...Be forewarned!
N  23rd of Jul, 2012 by
I'm 13 and I ate Church's yesterday, I had the nasty chicken strips with biscuits and fries and once I was done with barely 2 of the nasty chicken I didn't feel bad at all it wasn't until the next 10 minutes where I had to tell my mom to stop the car and get me to a restroom ASAP and now I have diarrhea it has now been two days and my stomach still hurts.
Never again am I going to eat there.
I was obviously food poisoned >:l
A  2nd of Aug, 2012 by
I ALWAYS feel sick after eating churches chicken. I cant help but to stop there because it smells so good, but I regret it every time! Im never eating there again. After this last time, I felt like my butt was going to explode. My stomach is cramping and I have to stay curled up in the fetal position on the bathroom floor to keep the cold sweats under control. I hate you Churches Chicken!
N  25th of Nov, 2012 by
I tried to give Churches chicken the benefit of the doubt, but I was wrong. The last couple of times I have eaten there I have gotten sick as a dog. I was constantly having stomach cramps, felt fatigue, and using the bathroom. I do not know what they are doing wrong or if their food is flat out poisonous, but one thing for sure is that they will not get one red cent from me again.
A  29th of Mar, 2013 by
Omg same thing is happening to me.. ate churches chicken @ 8:00pm & on toilet bowl with bad cramed tummy @ 1:00 am 3/39/13... researching on my phone middle of my sleep. Now I really hate churches chicken 3 piece for fkin $6.99.
N  19th of May, 2013 by

Church's Chicken - drive thru order messed up
Fort Valley

Ordered 10 piece mixed dinner in drive thru, waited over 30 minutes at window for food - got home, only had 9 pieces of dried out tasteless all dark meat, fries were cold, hard and stale-called store to complain, manager asked "You want to come back for the missing one piece of chicken?" I informed her that I was NOT going to make a 34 mile round trip for ONE piece of chicken, and I would be contacting Church's Corporate office, which I did the next day...got a FULL refund AND 5 coupons for 24 piece dinners for FREE - also learned that you can request 'plain' biscuits with your order if you are willing to wait 9 minutes for fresh biscuits. If ANY Church's store gives you any grief, just call the Church's Corporate office...

waited over 30 minutes at
A  25th of Jun, 2013 by
I had Churchs chicken about 3pm today. About 430pm I started getting watery diarrhea but I noticed my son who ate it was also doing the same thing same time I was in the other bathroom. Now here it is 1127pm and I still cant stop going. This is horrible.
N  26th of Aug, 2013 by
I purchased Chuches chicken for my grandkids yesterday from the Babcock and Huebner location. This was a big mistake. My grandson had to miss the first day of school because he is very sick. They are both throwing up all night as well. I feel that I am the blame for buying the chicken for them. I pray that they recover soon. I will never go to Churches Chicken again. The people running the place appear to be careless and dirty. I should have known better.
N  15th of Aug, 2014 by
2530 N story rd, Irving Tx.
My sister, two co-workers and I ate at this location yesterday and we all ended up with fever, loose bowls and cramps which most likely is food poisoning.
N  28th of Aug, 2014 by
Church's chicken, all I got to say is WHAT HAPPENED, I had family over last night and sent out for food, well, what a waste. The chicken was nasty, where's the seasoning, just meat and flour. The mashed potatoes was bad, even with the gravy you can tell it was cheap instant potatoes, the slaw was just bad not enough dressing. The only thing that tasted ok was the honey roll.This is not the first time this has happened. They sold us chicken that had been under the warmer for to long. We took it back and got our money back. You are losing a lot of customers.Put the seasoning back.
A  5th of Oct, 2014 by
I got food poisoning from Church's Chicken mid summer & thought it might have been a fluke accident but I ate it once again from the same location yesterday about 3:00PM & I've been in pain in & out of the bathroom non stop for the last 24 hours! I will NEVER eat Church's Chicken again!!! This is the most miserable stomach/intestinal pain I've felt in a long time!
A  10th of Dec, 2014 by
Every time I eat church's chicken I get the runs no cramping or vomit in one end out the other in less than 90 min...
N  13th of Jul, 2015 by
People make mistakes, if you are old enough to drive, you are old enough to both check your order, and know that in the time it took you to get home your chicken got cold. Simple first grade science.

Church's Chicken Logo Church's Chicken