Chrysler Financial / scam and fraud!

I have been hounded by Chrysler Financial collections even with a payment only 11 days late. I get repeated phone calls daily sometimes 6-8 on my cell phone costing cell usage. The people calling are very rude and demanding even after I told the supervisor I am behind about a month. If you want to pick up the car you are welcome. Instead I get daily 6-8 phone calls of demands for paymnet phone pays, unacceptable I am not paying, short of causing me a mental breakdown and or heart attack and or stroke. I am tired. I can not ration with these people. My cell phone records prove their calls. I have tried to return the calls and I get no response. These people need to be stopped. I filed a complaint with the ftc and ready to file another. I am just running behind. At one point I left the car at the dealer cause I couldn't take it anymore. Even on their own mistake I was being called. I picked the car up made a payment and let Chrysler Financial know I will be running a month behind. My friend listened on speaker phone friday night and was unable to understand why when I stated then pick the car up. I as of Friday was late by 14 days. This is every month not a one time thing. My cell phone goes off about every 2 hours. I can't take anymore. I am trying to save my credit by paying at all. I really would much rather leave the car with the dealer. Even when I set the payment a few days or two weeks late on line I am still called asking for my payment and I ask don't you look at online status before you call? I can't take much more. I even mentioned I have been behind with other companies a month and only received a courtesy to remind me. These people don't give courtesy calls they give demanding, frightening, intimidating phone calls. This is wrong. Something legally needs to be done about Chrysler Financial debt collection procedures.

Comments

• Ti
      26th of Feb, 2008

I totally agree. I owe them $80 since I made a partial payment. They call and call and call. They are so rude. I had a women today tell me what the heck was my problem and she guesses that I just pay whenever I feel like it. Then called again and got another rep that huffed & puffed cause I didn't have my account #. Then talked to a man that said he doesn't understand what my problem is cause I make this X amount of money. Everyone needs to come together and bring a case against them for harrassment.

• Wi
      4th of Mar, 2008

Why don't you just pay your damn bills and you wouldn't have anyone 'harassing' you.

• Kr
      14th of Mar, 2008

I am having the same phone calls and contacted josh trigsted at 866-775-3666. It is a firm that deals with creditor harassment cases. I have just begun on this so I don't have any progress but he did say I had a good case to sue them. I have been 1 payment behind for 2-3 years and I'm 1 payment from paying my loan off and these phone calls started evryday 2- 5 times a day. good luck on yours.

• Ry
      12th of Apr, 2008

I have only had my jeep 6 months and every month I get calls from chrysler at least 5-8 times a day. I am tired of it and nothing seems to be getting though to chrysler that my payment is NOT late until 10 days from the actual due date, that is why that give you a 10 day grace period!!! I am going to seek legal help in this matter to bring chrysler to their senses and for them to quit calling that many times in a day!! I hope that everyone who has this problem will do the same!!

• Va
      13th of May, 2008
    Chrysler Financial - Beware
    Chrysler Financial

I was involved in a purchase of a 1999 Dodge Ram. The dealer misrepres3ented the true facts and circumstances to Chrysler of the contract and applications of both parties, instead the dealer sold the truck in truth to the supposedly "co-signer". The truck was never rightfully titled to the rightful applicant and true purchaser. The down payment cash of 4000.oo was made by the true purchaser not the co-signer. And the title was never, included with the real purchasers name as two parties co-signer and purchaser, the payments were made timely by the true purchaser until Chrysler financial found out it was to late.

• Cr
      21st of May, 2008

I am really surprised that Chrysler will make NO ATTEMPT in trying to keep customers happy and help them not look like A-Holes.

The “PT” I bought from them at 18% is now almost $6, 500 upside down and NO one wants to re-fi it. They will not even do it.

So, my Poor Trash Looser is turning into a pain in my butt!

No wonder Mercedes dropped their sorry A_SES!

4th of Jun, 2008

The only person right here is William. Ryan - late is late. In this economy, can you blame a bank for being assertive on a loan? You wouldn't have gotten the car unless they signed the check. If the car is a priority, prove it. To say "I have been 1 payment behind for 2-3 years" -- as if that is acceptable? Within that 2-3 years, can it be said you probably went on vacation, you probably went out to dinner 1 extra time each month, you probably reallocated that payment to something other then Chrysler despite their efforts to rectify the situation. Across the board -- every bank is going to want to be the FIRST one to get paid in this economy. Listen to how everyone wants your tax stimulus check -- that is the world we live in.

• Th
      7th of Jul, 2008

as a former employee of the lovely Chrysler Financial, I know how the harrassing calls might fell. The employees are encouraged by the managers to talk crazy to people on the phone (anything to get them to make a pymt). I was told a number of times that I needed to be more agressive. The employees are encouraged to call family, friends, and yes even your neighbors. I know, because I've done it. If you want to stop the calls or get some pay back. Next time they call, get and address to send correspondence, then send a letter asking not to be contacted about the debt. I would say to even send multiple letters to make sure that they got at lease one. If they call you after having recieved the letters then that is grounds for legal action on your behalf and you might get that car completly paid for, courtesy of the lovely Chrysler Financial.

21st of Jul, 2008

they are the rudest company ever!! i will be paying off my loan once i sell my house and i will nevvvvvvvvvvvvver use CF again...buyer beware...stay away from this company for your financial needs...they are the worst lender and even if you pay 8 days late...they call and call...horrible company and the worst staff ever!!!

25th of Jul, 2008
    Chrysler Financial - ### service/ harrassment
    denver,CO

leased a new jeep through chrysler last year. misfortunate enough to get ran over a few months back. life ruined. out of work, in hospital for months, multiple surgeries, probably no chance of returning to a normal functioning life. fell behind on jeep payment when in hospital. continuous calls everyday and night from chrysler. don't care about my condition or story, just want their money. ### company, ### product, extremely rude employees. ### chrysler! i hope their quarterly earnings continue to plummet until they have to go into bankruptcy. don't deal with this company, do yourself a favor and stay away.

• Mm
      28th of Jul, 2008

MY CAR IS ALMOST PAID !!! I ONLY OWE 800.00 AND I SHOULD OWE...I DONT KNOW AROUND 10K. I AM ONLY 36 MONTHS INTO A 66 MONTH CONTRACT AND THEY ARE HARRASSING ME AND CALLING MY REFERENCES. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE !

28th of Jul, 2008

Dude, When you buy a car you are promising to pay once a month, an agreed amount... Since when did the bank state on the contract you signed that they would be fine if you are a month late. You are not the victim, they are because you broke you promise to them to pay. No one needs to be curtious about it. If someone owed you money would you be nice about it? month after month. I bought a dodge, make everypayment, and have no issues, ever! The onlything I get annoyed with is them calling asking if their service was up to par. I can understand getting harrased, and if they ask when you will paythem say: "your guess is as good as mine?" and laugh it off. If you cant pay them have fun with it. But pay it off before complaining, they are just doing their jobs. best advice, dont live on credit. No offense.

• Tw
      4th of Aug, 2008

co-signed for my friend to purchase a vehicle, we traded that vehicle for another they was paid in full, why would they put that on our credit report. The car we got from that trade we realized they charged us to much for it and the interest rate was sky high, no one would take this vehicle as a trade because of this. They finance another vehicle for us but won't take this vehicle as a trade, they also stated that we was charged to much, and the interest rate was to high at that point we was told they would pick up the other vehicle the next day. not... we called the next and was told we had to find someone to take over the payments. they came and got it about 4-5 months later. they tried to charge us with those payments and late charges. Now they have all three vehicles on our credit report. They had the nerve to call my job and tried to garnish my wages. I'm in because they need to be stopped.

26th of Aug, 2008

We have recently returned our 36 month leased vehicle (Chrysler town & country) with preliminary inspection and repairs done as required. We have actually returned it 2 days early and provided a copy of the returned plates from DMV. Since then, we have received at least 10 calls from Chrysler demanded payment of the buy out vehicle. ($15, 000-). We have explained the situation to Chrysler consumer service, Chrysler remarketing and spoke with Lorenson Chrysler Dodge (our dealer Old Saybrook CT). Nobody seems to care and change their computer data. They demand full payment of the vehicle with no mention of return of the vehicle back. We made the payments on time in the course of 3 years and return the vehicle before the end of the lease. We feel harassed. What can we do ?

24th of Oct, 2008

Some of you just dont get it !!! They need to uderstand the current situation with the economy.If not let them stick their cars where the sun dosent shine.They are partially to blame along with our government.They always knew that the price of gas would sky rocket, but never did anything about the mileage problem.That is the reason that they will most likely fail in the near future.If they want to keep customers, be nice and understanding.It might just save their sorry ###"s...

• Ro
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I'm 30 days over due. I have been this late before. I payed it off last time and I will pay it off this time. Now Chrysler Financial is calling me three to four times a day. I just got a call and the one before was fifteen minutes ago. I have had a Chrysler Pickup for three years and I've never experienced this kind of harassment.

• Ka
      29th of Jan, 2009
    Chrysler Financing - Unwanted Solicitation
    Chrysler Financing

Obviously I have the cell phone number of someone who they are trying to reach. Over the course of months I am receiving daily calls from them. I have called the number they leave five times & asked them to remove me from their automated list and I am still receiving daily calls.
    Is there something else I can do? Or call?

• Sc
      20th of Feb, 2009
    Chrysler Financial - Scammers!
    Chrysler Financial

CF calls me at least 16 times a day, its funny I don't even own a Chrysler, they are rude hateful and ignorant to say the least. Now they are calling for my 8 year old son they won't give me an address all I have is there phone number, I have asked them to stop calling every time they call.

Then the person they call for I now have all his information his name is rick k. I'm being more discreet then they are I will be contacting the FBI on this situation, anyone else having problems.

• Sh
      10th of Mar, 2009

this company have been very nasty to me and harassed me when i am only 2 days late even thou i have a 10 days grace period i reported them to the attorney general office today in ky

• Sh
      10th of Mar, 2009

these people act heart less and over charge me. very very very rude